Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment Trial

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'd love term limits, but that isn't going to happen. As for the Oath part, no. Maybe if they are speaking in an official capacity, but not just for idle chatter. That seems highly Unconstitutional to me.
    Like when Harry Reid lied on the floor of congress. Or Shifft. Or anyone. When in congress, should always be the truth and nothing but... NOT opinion.
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 02-06-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Like when Harry Reid lied on the floor of congress. Or Shifft. Or anyone. When in congress, should always be the truth and nothing but... NOT opinion.
    Oh, I agree on that. I think any official statement by any elected official should be held to the same standard as a court testimony.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Oh, I agree on that. I think any official statement by any elected official should be held to the same standard as a court testimony.
    What if them telling the truth will jeopardize national security? It isn't a good thing to always tell the truth, this nation of idiots can't handle it.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    What if them telling the truth will jeopardize national security? It isn't a good thing to always tell the truth, this nation of idiots can't handle it.
    Then they say I can disclose that in a secure setting.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    Yeah, then don't talk about it. They can always decide not to speak on a subject at all. Plus, it still has to be proven they lied, mitigating or extreme circumstances can be handled in the court or the prosecutor can be brief and not bring charges in the first place for such instances.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-06-2020 at 12:08 PM.

I don't get what would have/could have possibly happened, if anything, if the seventeen or whatever witnesses were allowed to testify. Again, some of these folks to me (and it doesn't seem like a copout) revealing their identities and particular motives could *perhaps* jeopardize national security. And what the balancing act is during an impeachment trial like this one and stuff like Bolton's book? I vaguely remember one of the SEAL team dudes' in the raid that killed OBL having gotten into trouble. I don't know if that's a fair comparison.

f
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

^ Er, rather that one of the SEALs was writing a book on how exactly the operation was conducted. My bad, bleeargh.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 02-06-2020 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Bleeargh, so sayeth I.
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    I don't get what would have/could have possibly happened, if anything, if the seventeen or whatever witnesses were allowed to testify. Again, some of these folks to me (and it doesn't seem like a copout) revealing their identities and particular motives could *perhaps* jeopardize national security. And what the balancing act is during an impeachment trial like this one and stuff like Bolton's book? I vaguely remember one of the SEAL team dudes' in the raid that killed OBL having gotten into trouble. I don't know if that's a fair comparison.

f
    The problem was they could have been called to testify during the impeachment proceedings. The object of the trial is not to introduce new evidence, that should already have been done.

The problem was they could have been called to testify during the impeachment proceedings. The object of the trial is not to introduce new evidence, that should already have been done.
    With my background, I'm pretty uncertain how trials (especially this one) goooes…

Like, all I can think of is Law and Order: SVU where they're already in the courtroom and new evidence appears and the prosecution is like, "We will introduce blah-blah-blah and so-and-so."

So. Yeah :-\

Wait, I think I get you.

So, that evidence already existed and hadn't been doctored or manipulated in any fashion and it wasn't called into question for the hearing in a timely manner like it should have (could have) been? Er?