Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: big ups gsiv community

Default big ups gsiv community

As someone who has recently come back (yet again), wanted to say I've had a ton of positive interactions within the GSIV community. My first impression of these boards is a community that comes across as somewhat toxic due mostly to the vitriol that goes back and forth on the politics forums. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to hide them and have people voluntarily elect to see them? Anyway, the lich help channel is new to me and most people have been great on there. Whenever I ask for assistance multiple people are quick to assist. Love a channel that encourages helping others out and may even convince old or new players to stay.

TLDR: My first impression wasn't great but it's obvious theres plenty of people who are working towards making this a fun community. To all of those individuals - thank you.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    As someone who has recently come back (yet again), wanted to say I've had a ton of positive interactions within the GSIV community. My first impression of these boards is a community that comes across as somewhat toxic due mostly to the vitriol that goes back and forth on the politics forums. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to hide them and have people voluntarily elect to see them? Anyway, the lich help channel is new to me and most people have been great on there. Whenever I ask for assistance multiple people are quick to assist. Love a channel that encourages helping others out and may even convince old or new players to stay.

TLDR: My first impression wasn't great but it's obvious theres plenty of people who are working towards making this a fun community. To all of those individuals - thank you.
    Just use the New Posts button. It's 95% GSIV related posts with a couple of politics threads mixed in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

It's really just 2-3 people who are complete trash. Everyone else is a normal adult.

4. Default

Or don't be bothered by random people who are abrasive? You could do that.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    It's really just 2-3 people like me who are complete trash. Everyone else is a normal adult.
    Fixed.

It's really just 2-3 people who are complete trash. Everyone else is a normal adult.
    Look at Alastir pretending he's above it all.

Blog Entries

Arguing over politics has been a thing since we crawled out of caves. Raging over trinkets from a text based game, well, most of us get the picture.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

It's very easy to just not read the political threads.

When I don't feel like reading them, I do this. It has a 100% success rate:

Also, click on Today's Posts > clicking on What's New
    Last edited by Methais; 01-14-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Hahah.. remember that time you magically became admin and you went back and removed so many posts that hurt your feelings or made you look like a retard?

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Welcome back! First thing you should do is change your name as it's way too close to Alastir's and you don't want to be like that guy.

Also, the whole "OMG I HATE POLITICS FOLDER CAN U HIDE 4 ME PLS" has been hashed, rehashed and triple hashed on these boards for years. It's big boy time... just click on New Posts or Today's Posts and don't click on any thread that is in the political folder. It's pretty easy... so easy even someone like Backlash could probably do it with some training.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.