Thread: Complete newbie after 25+ years away.

1. Default Complete newbie after 25+ years away.

Okay, so I'm back after last playing in the mid 1990's.. and I've got all the lich stuff finally figured out and everything. I'm pouring over guides and the wiki just trying to learn all I can before fully diving into the game again.

Just a few questions though that I just can't seem to find answers to when related to skill training.

When discussing the skill ranks, the 1x and 2x.. that's just means training it that many times when you level up even at level 0? And what does it mean to train a spell base to level +21?

Appreciate any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuddleton View Post
    When discussing the skill ranks, the 1x and 2x.. that's just means training it that many times when you level up even at level 0?
    Yes. The only time you might want to keep a skill ranks even with your experience level is if you're 1xing in harness power because harness power gives you 3 mana per rank up to your level, after which it only gives 1 mana per rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuddleton View Post
    And what does it mean to train a spell base to level +21?
    CS has diminishing returns based on your spell ranks compared to your level.

Here is a page on the wiki explaining it: https://gswiki.play.net/Casting_strength

So if for example you are casting a cleric spell then you get 1 CS for every rank in the cleric circle up to your level, after that the next 20 ranks only give .75 points each, from 21-60 they only give .5 per rank, and so on.

3. Default

Thank you so much for that! I read that CS page before but I guess for some reason I didn't correlate the skill ranks into the CS strength.

Welcome back. It's a steep learning curve after a long break, but generally the game has improved quite a bit since those days. Also lich makes life so much easier.

5. Default

Welcome back. I played in mid 90s, came back mid 2000s, and back again after 10 years. Things have changed so much. There seems to be a lot less interaction but honestly, it's hard to find the time to play during prime time to do the ineractions I loved so much since I have a family now. Still fun to play after all this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Also lich makes life so much easier.
    This. Installing Lich is probably the most important thing you can do right now.

GS would have died like 10 years ago if Lich didn't exist.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-21-2020 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Also, what do you monsters eat that you don't enjoy the aroma of your flatulence from time to time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Remember, I'm a tiny dick pussy.