Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolling a new Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Slit-eye View Post
    Don't worry about lores so much as indicated here. Yes, you'll want some for more kneeling chance on 1630. You may want 9 ranks of summoning lore so you can put a couple charges of 1615 into your sanctified weapon. But they're expensive - and the question becomes whether or not it's worth it short of simply waiting until you have free points (which takes a paladin forever to get). Your sanctified weapon will already be a house, as you went 2 hander. You won't "need" 1615 infused in the weapon, and defensively, 1602 might just be better anyway since it gives the target RT and you're running around with yer butt hanging out of brig for the first bit of forever in your life. You also won't be using 1603 for this very reason until you're AT LEAST level 50 or so, and so lores take a major back seat. Heck... most of the paladins I know (myself included) would say spend those points on getting closer to 2x in CM, MIU, or Arcane. Perception is also very very important now that it's tied into SMR defense. And you have no points set aside for first aid (and you'll be an herb munching machine). Forget lores. You'll be great without 'em for now.
    I am not sure if slit-eye is saying that you should have zero lore or minimal. If he is saying zero then I have to disagree, when you get to your 4th train, you should have 4 paladin spells and 11 ranks of Blessing Lore so that you can add temporary Guiding Light flares to a sanctified weapon until you get spell rank 25 and you can consecrate your weapon and make them permanent. Guiding Light flares are far too powerful a hunting aid to pass up, especially at lower trains. After that I agree lores become a backseat, not sure my paladin has even trained in any more and he is in his 60's now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    when you get to your 4th train, you should have 4 paladin spells and 11 ranks of Blessing Lore so that you can add temporary Guiding Light flares to a sanctified weapon until you get spell rank 25 and you can consecrate your weapon and make them permanent. Guiding Light flares are far too powerful a hunting aid to pass up, especially at lower trains.
    Am I missing something or are you spending like 84+ MTPs on lores just to get early flares? You can use it on magic materials at 15 paladin ranks with no lore training anyway, and can sanctify at 25. I guess fixskill at 15? I'd rather just use the MTPs on something else.
    Last edited by Taernath; 01-26-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Am I missing something or are you spending like 84+ MTPs on lores just to get early flares? You can use it on magic materials at 15 paladin ranks with no lore training anyway, and can sanctify at 25. I guess fixskill at 15? I'd rather just use the MTPs on something else.
    Perhaps it is just my paladin, he is a dark elf and his stats are set for cap so he needed all the help he could get when he was young. I had not thought about it, but your point is a good one in that you can reduce your lore by 1 each level as you gain a spell rank until you get to 15 and then you do not need them any more, which probably makes a lot of sense since a spell cost 27 MTP per train and as we all know, points tend to be tight for young paladins.