Thread: Starting DnD Tabletop - Help

Default Starting DnD Tabletop - Help

So my son and his friends (13/14 yo) have just started the DnD tabletop game. My son got the starter set for Christmas. He and his friends are still a bit confused on properly rolling characters and game play. Does anyone have any sites or other things to read that could give them some additional help in making sure they understand what they're doing and doing it right? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    So my son and his friends (13/14 yo) have just started the DnD tabletop game. My son got the starter set for Christmas. He and his friends are still a bit confused on properly rolling characters and game play. Does anyone have any sites or other things to read that could give them some additional help in making sure they understand what they're doing and doing it right? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    https://www.dndbeyond.com/essentials

That is a good starting point.

I assume the starter pack had the player's handbook, that is also really good for reference points.

Has a massive library of info about what things/classes/items/spells do
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Also there is a great youtube channel called Critical Roll you can have them check out. Its a group of voice actors that get together every Thursday to stream their DnD sessions. It can help them get a feel for how it's supposed to go. Their DM is fantastic and really brings his stories to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byva...PsWoaCrs0EkBH2
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

There are also some great sites out there for maps and such. I agree that the handbook is a good source.

I am 4 sessions into an every other Sunday campaign, looking forward to tomorrow!
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Check out Handbooker Helper on YouTube.

This is the intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD-L...r29j_rJkR49uDN

It's probably the best set of intro videos.

There is a TON of helpful info on 5e on YouTube. I really like Matt Colville's series as a DM.