Thread: 309 and 320

1. Default 309 and 320

Just want to confirm, cause I've heard both sides, do you need spell aiming ranks in order to make use of 309/320? How does spell aiming factor into both spells exactly (the wiki doesn't seem to be quite clear on this)? Cause if I can save on spell aiming ranks, that means I can get more CS.

Blog Entries

There isn't an exact formula, but with maneuver spells like these you generally want 2x spell aim to reliably hit like-leveled opponents.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

if you 301 an undead target first, you will receive a +100 bonus to your 309 and 320 rolls. something to keep in mind if you dont want to train spell aiming...and are willing to only hunt undead
    For faster sales and service find me on Discord @faustofausto

Even without spell aiming, 320 will still save you mana if you use it and miss.

1x SA you're good, 2x SA you're great.

khorp makes a great point above. I would just add cast 317 first, then 320 them even with 0x against like-leveled you'll probably hit. It's just one disintegration flare, so the threshold isn't high.

6. Default

Yea I figure 320 is more for the mana savings, than doing dmg. So would I 320 first to save on spell mana costs, then 301, 317 and 309? What is the benefit of casting 317?

To stun/knockdown, so they are easier to hit. Khelbaen suggested 301 which would work great for undead, too