Thread: How do you keep track of all your Stuff?

Default How do you keep track of all your Stuff?

So I am new to modern Gemstone, and wanted to poll the audience on how everyone keeps track of all the sh.....stuff they end up finding, looting, or buying. I started out doing everything from memory, and as the collection grew I realized that the memory method was untenable. So now I have an excel spreadsheet listing details on all of the items, including last time I recharged an item at the AG. I assume there is nothing in-game or via lich that can really track inventory details?
    How do all of you keep track of your collections?

Also, while I am bothering all of you, do you generally remove all of your enhancive gear the moment you 'go to node'. I am way too lazy to take things off and put them back on most of the time, and have loads of bounty points to keep things running, but I have seen some folk do the wardrobe change back and forth, and am just curious if that is more the norm.

Thanks in advance for any input you want to share.

Check out invdb.lic for inventory management and enhance.lic for enhancives.

3. Default

I like ;gearinfo too.

I just sing an item, have it in my hand then ;gearinfo add <yada yada stats here>
    then ;gearinfo info (with item in hands) will recall what i added. Works when I pass an item to an alt still too.

-J

PS anyone know if there's an equivalent for characters? something like ;bio add <char name> This is the asshole that kept your self enchanted to 7x boxfound "elegant ruic longbow nocked with carved purple mylian scales" that you lost in OTF.
    bid 1337
    Dett *BANGS* his gavel! "The bidding is now open for lot number 21: a grey-swirled coraesine relic! Who will start the bidding at 20 silvers?"
    >

The auctioneer nods to you as you bid 1,337 silvers.
    >
    The auctioneer calls out, "Ardwen bids 175,000,000 silvers! New bids must be at least 192,500,000 silvers."

le sigh.

Gearinfo is the schiznit, a wonderful tool that works across multiple alts and multiple accounts, and absolute must have in my book. As for enhancives, I just write little wizard scripts .hunt to hunt and .rest for after that puts on or takes off everything. I did not used to think recharging was a big deal until I upgraded my wizards badge and his is about 64000 points to recharge, so, he takes it off if he is not hunting.