Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FoxNews: 50% of Americans Support Impeachment and Removal from Office

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Looking at one poll is pointless, fivethirtyeight.com, hardly a bastion of conservatism, has an interesting overall view at: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/

There a couple of things interesting about this, one no majority either way about impeachment, second only 83.1% of democrats, yes I know, it s a lot, but its also 17% that say no, that's a REALLY big number in the scheme of things. Third only 42.8 percent of independents. Considering that races are won and lost on far closer margins, that is pretty telling. The 8.6% of republicans was actually a lower number than I thought given RINOS like Meghan McCain and Mitt Romney spreading their ilk.

What I also find interesting is they grade each poll, no idea how they come up with that data, don't really care, but even more interesting is how the individual polls worded the questions. You can get the results you want by wording polls in specific ways. Personally I think the dems have overplayed their hand, people are tired of 3 years of this, they want it to be over. McConnell might be giving them a gift if he just holds a simple vote the day the articles are sent to the Senate, assuming they are, and acquits and it is over.
    Not a good sign at all for Democrats that more Democrats are against impeachment than Republicans are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Not a good sign at all for Democrats that more Democrats are against impeachment than Republicans are for.
    It’s not if he’s going to get convicted or not( everyone knows he isn’t) it’s how much of those 66 votes he’s going to notch up. (aka how many repubs are going to join the dems) If >1 or 2, possible cracks in 2020. 3~5 , Trump should worry and perhaps re-assess his campaign. >5 and 2020 will turn against trump. Double digit... jail time.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    It’s not if he’s going to get convicted or not( everyone knows he isn’t) it’s how much of those 66 votes he’s going to notch up. (aka how many repubs are going to join the dems) If >1 or 2, possible cracks in 2020. 3~5 , Trump should worry and perhaps re-assess his campaign. >5 and 2020 will turn against trump. Double digit... jail time.
    Where is your zero option?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    Actually I stumbled across an article somewhere on that very thing and the assessment was 56 Senators would not vote to convict and some Democrats would cross over, it might have been on 538, not sure. Lest we forget impeachment is a political tool, not a legal one and the one thing the rats in DC love even more than they hate Trump is their jobs, their barely work, get payed lots of money in perpetuity jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Actually I stumbled across an article somewhere on that very thing and the assessment was 56 Senators would not vote to convict and some Democrats would cross over, it might have been on 538, not sure. Lest we forget impeachment is a political tool, not a legal one and the one thing the rats in DC love even more than they hate Trump is their jobs, their barely work, get payed lots of money in perpetuity jobs.
    I have to agree on the latter points, they are basically paid to fuck around and troll each other. Like posting in the politics folder here just getting paid 200 grand.

6. Default

Reality Check:

Trump isn't going to get convicted by the Senate.

Trump is going to win reelection in 2020.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Reality Check:

Duh. Look at the field, no one can beat him that's in it.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Reality Check:

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible