Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some arguments against legalization

Default Some arguments against legalization

So this guy has a book with piles of evidence from scientific studies and real data on the use and abuse of Marijuana and it's link to psychosis and violent crime. This is an article with a kind of summary:

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/marij...ness-violence/

And here are two very important points that he brings up:

Over the last 30 years, psychiatrists and epidemiologists have turned speculation about marijuana’s dangers into science. Yet over the same period, a shrewd and expensive lobbying campaign has pushed public attitudes about marijuana the other way. And the effects are now becoming apparent.

Almost everything you think you know about the health effects of cannabis, almost everything advocates and the media have told you for a generation, is wrong.
    and

Cannabis users today are also consuming a drug that is far more potent than ever before, as measured by the amount of THC—delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, the chemical in cannabis responsible for its psychoactive effects—it contains. In the 1970s, the last time this many Americans used cannabis, most marijuana contained less than two percent THC. Today, marijuana routinely contains 20 to 25 percent THC, thanks to sophisticated farming and cloning techniques—as well as to a demand by users for cannabis that produces a stronger high more quickly. In states where cannabis is legal, many users prefer extracts that are nearly pure THC. Think of the difference between near-beer and a martini, or even grain alcohol, to understand the difference.
    You can think what you want and insult me until the cows come home. What you think you know is likely wrong, it isn't harmless and it does cause problems. While the movie Reefer Madness from back in the day has been ridiculed and discredited it seems that a lot of it's claims, while sensationalized, are proving to be accurate to one degree or another.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

I think they should legalize every illicit drug. I'm betting more people have died in the "war on drugs" than from the actual drugs themselves.
    Last edited by Gelston; 12-16-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

ok boomer
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

There have been very few significant studies of marijuana for the last 50 years, because of the controlled substances act of 1970.

The "piles of evidence" you reference, likely don't exist.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

5. Default

and I'm also for legalizing everything.

I'm just stating fact that real, clinical lab analysis, is exceptionally rare regards marijuana. It's incredibly difficult to pass all the bars required to even do a study. It's a schedule 1 drug.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    and I'm also for legalizing everything.

I'm just stating fact that real, clinical lab analysis, is exceptionally rare regards marijuana. It's incredibly difficult to pass all the bars required to even do a study. It's a schedule 1 drug.
    So, you believe they should legalize:

Ecstacy?
    Heroin?
    LSD?
    Cocaine?
    Methamphetamine?
    Crack?
    Fetanyl?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

7. Default

I have seen marijuana ruin lives by basically putting a person's ambition in a pause mode that never ends. It makes no sense to me to legalize it (except for medical purposes).

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

Ecstacy?
    Heroin?
    LSD?
    Cocaine?
    Methamphetamine?
    Crack?
    Fetanyl?
    Yep, all of it.

-Superracist, Joe Biden

-My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

Ecstacy?
    Heroin?
    LSD?
    Cocaine?
    Methamphetamine?
    Crack?
    Fetanyl?
    This is America. We value freedoms. Legalize all that shit. I bet our Southern border becomes more stable. Shit can have warning labels on it and be sold from responsible vendors. Taxes on it can pay for treatments and many other things.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I have seen marijuana ruin lives by basically putting a person's ambition in a pause mode that never ends. It makes no sense to me to legalize it (except for medical purposes).
    Those people were probably going to be losers anyway.

You can cite just as many 'I knew a guy' stories like that but about beer/vodka/whatever. If alcohol is legal, something that grows out of the ground absolutely should be. And I don't even use it, personally, I just think it's wild that it's a schedule 1 controlled substance.

If we didn't have private prisons who profit on a per-prisoner basis, and if drug manufacturer lobbyists didn't exist, we'd probably make progress toward legalizing.