Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New player feedback

Don’t invest too heavily into the game. Play F2P and just have fun with people you meet, go to events and things. Do not buy into the pay events as a new player you would A.) not know the value of any of these items. B.) Probably get taken advantage of by career “merchants”.

There are great games coming down the line that you may want to sink your cash into. Think about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    If this is an actual returning player giving honest feedback then you need to post this on the Officials. Posting it only here accomplishes two things. Jack and Squat.
    He’ll probably get better info here than anything Doug or Krakii will tell him on the officials.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Raser View Post
    Thank you all for the responses.

As defunct as the forums are on GS's site, I wasn't sure where to post. It seems like any post would simply be lost in the jumbled mess. But, I'll figure out some way to get the message there or to them. I have already expressed my frustrations to a mentor in hopes of them relaying the message.

I have installed and used Lich - I agree, it's a great tool. However, for example, I've had to modify the code (likely a poor way to phrase that as I'm simply changing a few words) to use Advanced or Forward stance rather than the default of Offensive when attacking. That problem started at level 6 or 7 and has now gotten that much worse. I also changed it to continue hunting lower areas until 15, rather than the 12 or 13 it started to move. I also had to delay the previous move.

I am a Rogue, and have morphed my stats several times as I've tried to figure out if anything would help. I have acquired 4x weapon, armor and shield. I regularly use Small Statues for defense and rarely get other spells (largely because of the lack of people in IMT TSC. While there are people there from time to time, most seem to be AFK or low level). That said, I hate asking others for things. I realize that can be a good path at times, but it shouldn't be a requirement to progress. Currently I could keep killing level 6 (with the occasional lvl 9 mixed in) and move a bit further. But, it would take that much longer as I'm getting nil for EXP and I don't see how I am able to pick up and move to level 11 with their AS vs my DS - even after several levels

I may end up looking for a new hunting area and seeing if I can make it there, but it seems to me like they've simply modified things over time to where lower levels are near impossible. And, it's more than a little discouraging. I really want to find a way to survive - but, I won't do it relying on begging (or waiting on) others.

The whole point of my post here was really in hopes that staff from GS would see it and consider it. I can't imagine they like the idea of watching the game die, and based on what I've seen and experienced it is doing just that - dying (not that it's a secret or a new development, I'm sure they've know it's dying). As some have mentioned, the pricing structure does not help at all. But, I don't think that really matters too much. The players GS should be looking for are not the kid's playing todays pretty MMO's. However, player experience is huge and GS4 is lacking that in major ways. The wall I found is just icing on the death cake IMO.
    Who’s your character? Dreaven does full spell ups usually every 4 hours in the Landing. Asking for a wizard spellup on LNet will usually get you a response too. A lot charge 20k, but a lot also don’t give a shit and will spell you up for free anyway.

I’m in both towns a lot. If you wanna drop your character’s name I’ll toss you some spells or whatever when I see you running around.

Rogues are also badly in need of buffs. Dev has ignored the shit out of them for years because they’ve been too busy nerfing everything and creating P2W items.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-15-2019 at 09:27 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I find one of the tricky things about GS is that there’s no reliable way to identify newer players (vs. alts/mules of experienced players or folks who just don’t wear a lot of fancy items or update their profile). I’ve seen your character in IMT TC recently, but like most of the players which hang out there, I just assumed you were 100% self-sufficient with 20+ years of game experience. I’ll be sure to lend a hand when I see you around town!

I love this game, but it is very foreboding for new players. I tried to get a friend to join, she tried twice and gave up in angry frustration both times. The learning curve is so steep, and the sprite quest is a good idea but falls so short in explaining the basics of everything. There needs to be a LOT more handholding for new players. I remember it being pretty overwhelming for me at first too, and I was a returning player.

The game really needs new player experience development (which they say they are working on) and post-cap development (which they really should be working on considering how much of their long-term player base is at cap)

I really hope someone explained to you about moving things around for the first 20 levels, if not you can instant migrate any skill before you turn 20 and you have 5 stat resets in there as well. Most people, regardless of class, play like a warrior for the 1st 20 levels. get a big weapon, swing it around like crazy, get lots of experience until just before 20 then reset everything to where you want it to be. You did not mention about societies, you need to join one, especially as a rogue. Rogues at younger levels just seem to be gimped warriors that can sort of pick, unless you sell out to triple in picking and get spells, then all you can do is sit in the tower and twiddle your thumbs since most people now go to the town thief to get boxes opened. That being said, my first alt is a rogue and he is near and dear to my heart and at 77 hunting the right things he can be very dangerous, but when he is setup to hunt, he cannot even pick all of his own boxes and when he is setup to pick he is not nearly effective as a hunter.

Rogues are arguably the class most in need of work but it will never happen, the game will fold before that.

Attend dreavenings, use the Adventurers guild, it will get easier as you learn. I hope you manage to stick around.