Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Ideas For How To Make GS Worse

Default Post Your Ideas For How To Make GS Worse

Post your ideas on what could be done to make GS the worst game ever.

- Implement movement RT while encumbered
    - Allow players to remove this RT via a 30 day Lightfoot Potion in the Simucoin store.

- Require the BREATHE and EXHALE verbs to be used at least 5 times per minute or you take suffocation damage and eventually die. This requirement can be trained down via Air Lore to a minimum of 1 per minute.

- Require regular eating and drinking or else you die.

- Parrying attacks requires you to have a webcam hooked up that can detect parrying motions in real life while you're fighting something in game.

- Make Emeradan the new PM

- Make Andraste head of CE

- Make DRAGONSS head of dev
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

- "Initial purchase" fee of $60 for new accounts. We have everything else, might as well toss that in.

- f2p/standard/premium/platinum Lich subscriptions

- Savant development Kickstarter... or Indiegogo, whichever one doesn't require any proof a product exists or is being worked on.

- Gemstone Classic. Relive the halcyon days of circa 1997 where 702 from guarded stance was the pinnacle of sorcerer existence, clerics could meditate, and the abomination of EN didn't exist. Separate subscription fee - requires standard, premium, and plat subscription.

- In addition to standard treasure chests, lootboxes will begin dropping from creatures, requiring a Simucoin key to open.

Which one is DRAGONSS, the guy who comes up with suggestions like rogue spell circles and ranged attacks being able to target something two rooms away?
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-30-2019 at 05:00 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Remove all nodes.

Put node potion in Simucoin store that only works at previous nodes.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

- make your mind only keep 200 exp so you have to keep going out to hunt
    (i think the mind should hold 3000exp so you can stay in town and rp)

- make alchemy even more tedius, boring and useless. Make more single use potions. make it more difficult to find formulas.

- unlocks/upgrades only happen from merchants that randomly show up. And you only have one shot per year to unlock your nice gear

-make more uber expensive toys for whales. nothing will be under 500 dollars at duskruin

-you can only hunt if you are multi-accounting

-implement knitting

-implement cobbling not new spells or hunting grounds

-change essensce formula again for wizards

-make enchanting/ensorceling so difficult to understand for cassual players that I screw up the order of upgrades and make it impossible to enchant my uber nice bheer

-piss off tilman so he stops lich

-focus on festivals, not core development

-only add two proffesions and and one socieity in 25 years

- get super anal about alterations and enchanting

- hire more GMs with ocd or autism
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

Implement … Allergies.

Yeah, so if you're a Stealth Build and you don't buy Benadryl potions from the SimuCoin store, what happens is that when you're hiding, or invisible, and don't have a proper d100 roll when you're outside in the wilds in some hunting ground, you might sneeze and be forced out of hiding/invisibility. Belching and farts/sharts might blow your cover too. Alright, get this started stat.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 12-01-2019 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Available on simustore only:

1) Citizen pass to enter X city, otherwise you can't enter.

Pass are bronze (25% sales penalties), silver (0% penalties) gold (25% bonus in trade) and premium (100% bonus trade). Passes are only useful for one day or 5 entries, whichever happens at first.

2) Npc now includes spellers. They join the healers, locksmiths and requires a pass to use

pass are bronze (50% increase in services, we find out locksmith charges as much as value), silvers (0% increase), gold (25% cheaper), premium (totally free). Passes are only useful for one day or 5 entries.

3) Spells NOT from NPC are now only 2 hours. 30 minutes from F2P

4) EVERY mana using monsters can AND will dispell as a death maneuvers,

5) When you do not withdraw silvers to buy ingame stuff ( 10 minutes cooldown) , you get hit with a 10% tax directly applied to your bank account. Pass for that available on simustore for the occasionnal silvers sellers.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Release mounts at a pay event but make them useless unfinished fluff

Oh shit

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Post your ideas on what could be done to make GS the worst game ever.
    - Require the BREATHE and EXHALE verbs to be used at least 5 times per minute or you take suffocation damage and eventually die. This requirement can be trained down via Air Lore to a minimum of 1 per minute.

- Require regular eating and drinking or else you die.
    No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO....

The other things would make things worse, sure... these two, just, just.... NO.

(Played a different MUD at one point that did actually require eating/drinking regularly. And, it sucked Koar's Monkey Balls.)
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Blog Entries

Nerf 319
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

10. Default

Don't just implement breakage, but implement it with tons of complicated exceptions/provisions. Clearly lay out those exceptions & provisions in a way leads to question upon question, and change things on the fly to not only fix bugs but rebalance things after launch.

In addition, watch and rewatch this manifesto and carefully implement everything from it.

https://youtu.be/Z-TnT5gOgwo
    Last edited by gilchristr; 12-01-2019 at 12:31 AM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!