Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Nothing Congress: Its McConnell and the Republicans

Default Do Nothing Congress: Its McConnell and the Republicans

Throw the lying snowflake selfish fool crook out and lets get back to work to really make America great again.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977...emocrats-trump

House Democrats have passed nearly 400 bills. Trump and Republicans are ignoring them.Legislative paralysis gripped Capitol Hill well before impeachment started.

For months, President Donald Trump has fired off tweet missives accusing House Democrats of “getting nothing done in Congress,” and being consumed with impeachment.

Trump may want to look to the Republican-controlled Senate instead. Democrats in the House have been passing bills at a rapid clip; as of November 15, the House has passed nearly 400 bills, not including resolutions. But the House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee estimates 80 percent of those bill have hit a snag in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is prioritizing confirming judges over passing bills.

Much of this agenda is sitting in the Senate. There have been a few things House Democrats and Senate Republicans have agreed on: disaster relief aid, reopening the government after the shutdown, the resolution to end US involvement in the Yemen war, a bill to protect public lands, and a resolution disapproving of Trump’s use of emergency powers.

But on major policy issues — like health care and infrastructure, or even bipartisan ones like net neutrality, the Equal Pay Act, or even a simple reauthorization of the longstanding Violence Against Women Act — Democrats’ bills are continuing to languish in the Senate. House Democrats are expecting to take up H.R.3, a major health care bill to lower the cost of prescription drugs, before the Christmas break. Although we’re not going to list all 400 bills for brevity’s sake, here’s a list of major bills and resolutions the House has passed so far.

Health care

• H.R.259 — Medicaid Extenders Act of 2019
    • House Resolution 271 — Condemning the Trump Administration’s Legal Campaign to Take Away Americans’ Health Care
    • H.R.986 — Protecting Americans with Preexisting Conditions Act of 2019
    • H.R.987 — Strengthening Health Care and Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act
    • H.R.1520, the Purple Book Continuity Act (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)
    • H.R.1503, the Orange Book Transparency Act of 2019 (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)

Civil rights

• H.R.1 — For the People Act of 2019
    • H.R.5 — Equality Act
    • H.R.6 — American Dream and Promise Act
    • H.R.7 — Paycheck Fairness Act
    • H.R.124 — Expressing opposition to banning service in the Armed Forces by openly transgender individuals

Gun control

• H.R.8 — Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019
    • H.R.1112 — Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019

Environment

• H.R.9 — Climate Action Now Act
    • H.R.1331 — Local Water Protection Act
    • S.47 — National Resources Management Act
    • H.R.2578 — National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2019
    • H.R.205, 1146, 1941 — Banning Offshore Drilling on Atlantic, Pacific, Eastern Gulf and ANWR Coasts

Military/foreign affairs

• H.R.840 — Veterans’ Access to Child Care Act
    • HJ Res. 37 — Directing the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress
    • SJ Res. 7 — To direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress
    • H.R.31 — Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act of 2019
    • HJ Res. 30 — Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation
    • H.R.4695 — Protect Against Conflict by Turkey Act
    • H.R.676 — NATO Support Act
    • H.R.549 — Venezuela TPS Act

Mueller report

• H.Con.Res. 24 — Expressing the sense of Congress that the report of Special Counsel Mueller should be made available to the public and to Congress

Other major legislation

• H.R.1585 — Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019
    • H.R.987 — Raise the Wage Act
    • H.R.1500 — Consumers First Act
    • H.R.1994 — SECURE Act/Gold Star Family Tax Relief Act
    • H.R.2722 — Securing America’s Federal Elections (SAFE) Act
    • H.R.4617 — Stopping Harmful Interference in Elections for a Lasting Democracy (SHIELD) Act
    • H.R.1644 — Save the Internet Act of 2019
    • H.R.2157 — Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019
    • H.R.397 — Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act (The Butch Lewis Act)
    • H.R.2513 — The Corporate Transparency Act
    • H.R.269 — Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2019
    • H.R.251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Program Extension Act
    • S.24 — Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019
    • H.R.430 — TANF Extension Act of 2019
    • Concurring in the Senate Amendments to HR 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard Program Extension Act
    • H.R.790 — Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act of 2019
    • HJ Res. 46 — Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019
    • H Res. 183 — Condemning anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values and aspirations that define the people of the United States and condemning anti-Muslim discrimination and bigotry against minorities as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contrary to the values and aspirations of the United States, as amended
    • H Res. 194 — Rule Providing for Consideration of H.R. 1644 and H.R. 2021
    • H.R.2480 — Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
    • H.R.375 — To amend the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian Tribes (also known as the “Carcieri Fix”)

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Throw the lying snowflake selfish fool crook out and lets get back to work to really make America great again.

[/LIST]
    Back, we can't help you if you don't provide some specifics as to what is going on with your butthurt. Please, help us help you, Back.

[/LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Vox
    Much of this agenda is sitting in the Senate.
    I'm going to guess that "much" in this case, to Vox, means a number much less than what they want retards like you to think, and were intentionally vague about it specifically because they know retards like you will accept whatever dildo they shove up your ass.

But I'm willing to be proven wrong. Exactly how much of "this agenda" is sitting in the Senate and how many are sitting in the House? How much is "much" in the context of this article?

This is your big chance Back. Don't fuck it up by deflecting or telling me to do my own research on the vague information you presented as fact.

You can do it! I believe in you buddy!

Last edited by Methais; 11-29-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm going to guess that "much" in this case, to Vox, means a number much less than what they want retards like you to think, and were intentionally vague about it specifically because they know retards like you will accept whatever dildo they shove up your ass.

But I'm willing to be proven wrong. Exactly how much of "this agenda" is sitting in the Senate and how many are sitting in the House? How much is "much" in the context of this article?

This is your big chance Back. Don't fuck it up by deflecting or telling me to do my own research on the vague information you presented as fact.

You can do it! I believe in you buddy!
    Yeah, no. You are more than welcome to refute the facts outlined the article but thats a secondary point.

Can you guess what the original point of my posting this is?

Lol Vox

Even the “highlights” they choose to focus on we see roughly 50% deal directly with Trump in some manner and roughly the other 50% are is meaningless virtue signaling. Sounds about right.

PS: stop reading Vox, although it really explains your brainwashing.

Yeah, no. You are more than welcome to refute the facts outlined the article but thats a secondary point.
    "Many" is a broad term and is meaningless in that context without additional information.

You didn't present any facts, because the info they gave was intentionally vague because they know they can count on morons like you to run with it for them without question, like a good NPC.

Can you guess what the original point of my posting this is?
    Yes. The original point of you posting this was to remind us that you're really stupid and gullible and will swallow anything the media feeds you as long as the theme is Orange Man Bad.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-29-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Lol Vox

Even the “highlights” they choose to focus on we see roughly 50% deal directly with Trump in some manner and roughly the other 50% are is meaningless virtue signaling. Sounds about right.

House Resolution 271 — Condemning the Trump Administration’s Legal Campaign to Take Away Americans’ Health Care
    H.R.1 — For the People Act of 2019
    H.R.5 — Equality Act
    H.R.6 — American Dream and Promise Act
    H.R.7 — Paycheck Fairness Act
    H.R.124 — Expressing opposition to banning service in the Armed Forces by openly transgender individuals
    H.R.9 — Climate Action Now Act
    H.R.205, 1146, 1941 — Banning Offshore Drilling on Atlantic, Pacific, Eastern Gulf and ANWR Coasts
    HJ Res. 30 — Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation
    H.Con.Res. 24 — Expressing the sense of Congress that the report of Special Counsel Mueller should be made available to the public and to Congress
    H.R.1644 — Save the Internet Act of 2019
    HJ Res. 46 — Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019
    H Res. 183 — Condemning anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values and aspirations that define the people of the United States and condemning anti-Muslim discrimination and bigotry against minorities as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contrary to the values and aspirations of the United States, as amended
    GOLLY WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GIVE YOU THAT IDEA?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!

Some of these might as well just be called ORANGE MAN BAD and/or BUTTHURT APPROPRIATIONS ACT

Hey BacKKKlash, tell us more about how bills like "Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation" are so important.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-29-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Lol Vox

When you can't refute the facts blame the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    GOLLY WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GIVE YOU THAT IDEA?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!

Some of these might as well just be called ORANGE MAN BAD and/or BUTTHURT APPROPRIATIONS ACT

Hey BacKKKlash, tell us more about how bills like "Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation" are so important.
    You're still missing the point.

Trump lied about Democrats in Congress.

Look at yourself and Tgo, and every other rapid Trump cultist who refuse to believe reality and instead cling to the lies of the false leader as sacred.

When you can't refute the facts blame the messenger.
    Lol Vox

Lol at thinking the "House Resolution 271 — Condemning the Trump Administration’s Legal Campaign to Take Away Americans’ Health Care" counts as "passing legislation", this is of course after the Vox article you slurped up said there were oh so many bills passed that weren't resolutions yet still felt the need to include this resolution.

And again:

Lol Vox

Lol Back

Several people were murdered today in Britain in a terrorist attack, Back. Shouldn't you be condemning that? Or are you holding out it was somehow a white supremacist attack before you condemn since you know Islamic terrorism apparently isn't a problem in the world anymore?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-29-2019 at 03:49 PM.