Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why brig sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Brig makes zero sense for Bards. Just go aug chain for the reasons you state.

Maybe Simu should do an armor review instead of making stupid fluff "My Little Pony" horses that allow you to go e,e,e,e,e and instead focus on aspects of this game that need attention.
    No. Don't let this current dev crew "review" anything. That's just Estild code for NERF THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYTHING.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Brig makes zero sense for Bards. Just go aug chain for the reasons you state.

Maybe Simu should do an armor review instead of making stupid fluff "My Little Pony" horses that allow you to go e,e,e,e,e and instead focus on aspects of this game that need attention.
    With aug chain you only get 45% resist to elements from a ranger. With brig, you get 95%. So, the reasons I stated was to get 50% more resist than metal armor.
    Secondly, my bard also casts 410, which has 6% hindrance with brig and 9% in aug chain.

Adding a helm would increase that hindrance for 410 to 11%, which is a great opportunity to fail at casting 410.

In the end, I think you're a little off. There is a place for Brig in the game world. It's an in-between for rogues/bards and rangers. Various niches benefit from brig over chain hauberk or aug chain. It's better than doubles in a lot of cases as well.

I'll eventually get out of my brig, but for now it serves a useful purpose, so I disagree that it "sucks".

3. Default

"my bard also casts 410, which has 6% hindrance with brig and 9% in aug chain."

This really sucks, if you need to cast ewave, you really need it to work. I think you would be more effective in double leather, but somebody needs to use the shitty brig, I guess.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    "my bard also casts 410, which has 6% hindrance with brig and 9% in aug chain."

This really sucks, if you need to cast ewave, you really need it to work. I think you would be more effective in double leather, but somebody needs to use the shitty brig, I guess.
    An "incant 410\r incant 410\r" macro should fix that on a bard.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    An "incant 410\r incant 410\r" macro should fix that on a bard.
    No it won't? That only works for spellsongs which don't have cast RT for their failure. Being a bard doesn't negate having cast RT for a failed Minor Elemental spell.

edit: was that a joke and I just got owned?
    Last edited by audioserf; 12-04-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    No it won't? That only works for spellsongs which don't have cast RT for their failure. Being a bard doesn't negate having cast RT for a failed Minor Elemental spell.
    Oh yeah. I blame Obama for this.

edit: was that a joke and I just got owned?
    Yes, yes that's exactly what happened AND YOU FELL FOR IT NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Methais; 12-04-2019 at 08:50 AM.

I play a post cap rogue that casts e-wave to handle swarms and hidden bandits. I had this same discussion with myself when trying to decide which armor to go with and I did end up picking brig. Plate just had too much spell hinderance to be fun, and doubles I thought would be too soft for those times you do take a hit and the CvA is the lowest of my options. So it came down to either brig or hauberk, and I also wanted to eventually completely train down the AP. With armor evasion I could get that to 0 with 140 armor use ranks for brig. With hauberk it wouldn't be possible and so I could either go augmented chain and end up having -1 AP at 200 ranks, or 0 AP with double chain. I decided there just wasn't enough high end armor at those armor sub groups to be worth switching out my existing hcp brig.

I'd say I'm happy with my decision, but I'm pretty post cap so I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. I could also see the argument for wearing plate while leveling and then once you get defensive spells and decide to cast some while hunting going down in armor groups.

I'm curious what others think of AP and if that should play much of a factor in their decision.
    Last edited by POWPOW; 12-04-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: clarify 0 AP with 140 armor use ranks for brig