Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post cap goals

Default Post cap goals

Here I am at ~8.5m exp:

Monkley (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 151 51
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 302 202
    Brawling...........................| 302 202
    Ambush.............................| 120 30
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 235 135
    Physical Fitness...................| 302 202
    Dodging............................| 403 303
    Harness Power......................| 151 51
    Spirit Mana Control................| 105 25
    Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 70 15
    Survival...........................| 201 101
    Perception.........................| 201 101
    Climbing...........................| 201 101
    Swimming...........................| 165 65
    First Aid..........................| 201 101
    Trading............................| 140 40

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 20

Spell Lists
    Minor Mental.......................| 20
    Training Points: 48 Phy 0 Mnt (662 Phy converted to Mnt)

I'm debating what goal to hit next; 3x PF, 190 MoC ranks, spells, or second weapon type(ranged, OHE<for katars>, ?

Leaning towards 190 MoC for 7(+1) focused strikes but picking up OHE along with maxing TWC is very tempting but crazy expensive.

I'd get more spells... 1235/130
    Also more HP and transformation lore for better armor class with 1202.

Probably prioritize the lore and get to 75, or 101 w/ +4 enhancives.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-21-2019 at 09:12 PM.

I don't the point to any kind of weapon training on a monk since they have no AS boosters. Your OHE game will be weak, friend!

I'd say get up to 1236 to have Provoke and some more generic TD from 1208. After that PF isn't a bad idea from a redux and stamina standpoint.

Consider Telepath lore to one of the breakpoints; reducing stamina costs further via 1213 is amazing and enables you get even more mstrikes in.

edit: getting to 1x HP isn't a bad move either, to make spelling up less brutal
    Last edited by audioserf; 11-22-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Oh, dont forget to get 101 ranks in spell aiming so you can master the art of 1206. It works great, you know... like when you want to kill something level 45 without throwing a punch -- so you throw a mug of ale at it until it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I don't the point to any kind of weapon training on a monk since they have no AS boosters. Your OHE game will be weak, friend!

I'd say get up to 1236 to have Provoke and some more generic TD from 1208. After that PF isn't a bad idea from a redux and stamina standpoint.

Consider Telepath lore to one of the breakpoints; reducing stamina costs further via 1213 is amazing and enables you get even more mstrikes in.

edit: getting to 1x HP isn't a bad move either, to make spelling up less brutal
    LOL

You see the poor design thinking on monks when you get post goals like that with so and so and so many contraints and limitations
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post

I'm debating what goal to hit next; 3x PF, 190 MoC ranks, spells, or second weapon type(ranged, OHE<for katars>, ?

Leaning towards 190 MoC for 7(+1) focused strikes but picking up OHE along with maxing TWC is very tempting but crazy expensive.
    Here's what I'd do:

Get 30 telepathy ranks first. The difference between 35% and 20% reduction is huge (and I'm baffled as to why you don't have any ranks yet).
    Get to 3x PF.
    Get to 1x HP (for spellburst in SoS/OTF if nothing else, but also for 1219)
    Then get some MnM ranks so your 1219 is actually useful. 48 Ranks is a nice number, since that's where 1208 caps out.
    Then maybe go for 190 MoC. You don't really need that extra strike that badly. My monk is at 12m exp and still doesn't have 190 ranks.

Stamina is a monk's bread and butter, so pumping up your 1213 and getting 3x PF is the difference between mstriking 95% of the time and....well, whatever you've been doing so far.

Maxing out transformation lore is crazy, 15 ranks puts you in chain which is plenty good enough. Your DS should be high enough as a monk that you aren't getting hit much, anyhow. And if you are getting hit, it's likely due to a mediocre CS with 1219.
    Last edited by khorpulent; 11-22-2019 at 11:33 AM.

All good advice, need to digest some before I figure out what I'm doing next.

I love this thread. I read and was like "huh, my 68 monk has only half that exp and is 30 Telepathy, 35 Minor Mental, and 68 (1x) HP" and then bam, that's exactly what others said. I do really dig the 25 SMC and always love seeing others value Trading, though.

Telepathy is the huge one to me because of the impact on mstrikes. I sacrificed even UAF (CM ranks) to push mine.

When you cap your monk the benefit of 1213 to the rest of your group is gonna make you really smile

Finishing up PF is back at the top of my list now. I'm hesitant to invest in more spells currently because I only really use 1210 and have a ~80% chance of warding rift crawlers. Since I'm voln, I use sleep instead of 1219 to deal with swarms.

Regarding telepathy lore and 1213, I've used 1216 so long, I kind of put 1213 off to the side. But I will mix it into my routine and see what happens. I'm pretty much mstriking back to back as it is.

More mana would be nice but since I primarily hunt in the Rift and Scatter I'm not worried about spellburst since wearing outside spells isn't an option.
    Last edited by wetsand; 11-22-2019 at 07:32 PM.