Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So whats your thoughts on the new "Improvements" on wizard enchanting essence?

Quote Originally Posted by DivePirate View Post
    I just canceled both my accounts yesterday and in my reason for canceling i put down, I'm sick of you guys screwing over my main character/wizards. Been playing this game for over 20 years now and it just gets worse and worse in a time where there are MUCH better games to play at cheaper monthly costs. So im gonna take my $120 a month of subscriptions PLUS all the extras I pay for a month in simucoin stuff and paid events and put it towards a company that gives a shit about their players. I clearly see where this is all going and im not going to be a part of it any longer but dont worry I'll end up returning back one day BUT that will only be to cash out on the investment i worked hard for. One thing that keeps this game alive is the fact that players can cash out when we are sick of YOUR BS.
    50 players like him and simu will pannick
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

I go from about 10 hours to cap my essence to around 15 hours now.

I don't understand why there are punishments on both ends of the equation.

Gaining essence - oh, you have some built up? Cool! But, there's a diminishing return so you can't fill your pool in 10-15 kills. You need to to be punished and kill 25-30+ creatures to cap your essence pool!

Oh, you want to absorb some essence on pulse? Awesome!
    Wait - you're not on a node so that total is cut in half...haha! Suck it!

What a dick change on both ends of the equation.

Generation
    Essence is gathered by spending mana when casting offensive spells at enemies of an appropriate level for the caster to earn experience by killing them. Offensive spells generally include anything you can't cast in a sanctuary. Each cast generates a sort of magical static which clings to the caster depending on the relative difficulty of the target compared to the caster. On a mana pulse, a portion of that static is absorbed as essence for enchanting; being well trained in Elemental Mana Control will increase the amount of static converted into essence and being well trained in Harness Power and Elemental Lore: Water increases the maximum amount of essence that can be absorbed this way per pulse. Any unabsorbed static is generally lost, but if the Wizard is trained in Elemental Lore: Air a portion will carry over to the next mana pulse. Wizards trained in Elemental Lore: Fire will find their spell casting yields additional essence on average.

OK so it seems like with the new 925 you have to be a caster mage to enchant... what the hell do the warmages do if they want to enchant?

Sounds like your just being a whiny ass bitch dive

If you didn’t realize simu does this stuff and have been playing 20 years you’re an idiot

Besides the fact you bought aar when he was already lvl 80 it’s not
    Like you have that much invested in wizards lolll
    standing between the living and the dead

i posted what i posted in the very first comment of this thread..
    >flip gaunt at GemstoneIV
    You press a stud on the wrist of your articulated gauntlet, and gears whirr as the fingers of the gauntlet close into a locked fist. Then, as you roll the gauntlet palm heavenward, the fist's center digit rises like a lone sentinel in a wordless act of defiance.

**Above is an actual ez script action of a set of gauntlets I just bought off Alastir. Has several other ez script actions too**
    You should ask Aulis or whatever cunt mod removed it what policy it violated, and what policy in-game is different from the forum policy that makes it allowable in game but "inappropriate" on the forums.

Or just repost it on the forums and state all that about it being an in game item.

Even better, take a screenshot of it from in game and then link that on the forums.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You should ask Aulis or whatever cunt mod removed it what policy it violated, and what policy in-game is different from the forum policy that makes it allowable in game but "inappropriate" on the forums.

Or just repost it on the forums and state all that about it being an in game item.

Even better, take a screenshot of it from in game and then link that on the forums.
    Its not worth my time. I got less than 24 hours till my account goes inactive then I dont have to deal with this until they make some sort of change to enchanting that wizards will approve of. When that happens ill come back sell and profit.
    Ill probably just keep my Paladin Neelin when I want to come back and harass you all with his awesome FU gauntlets. Heh

This change is even better (worse) than I ever imagined it would be when they said "We are working on changes to the essence generation formula".

never gonna stop LOL'ing at this spell, honestly, it's so Simu

1-Release update to spell that wasn't broken that nobody was complaining about
    2-The update is clearly un-tested and not ready for production with formulas that are super out of whack and even the GMs are having a hard time articulating what's supposed to be going on
    3-Rush out an 'update' that sucks perhaps even more dick than the first one, EXTREMELY begrudgingly permit players to remain on the old system since you know your new one is buns
    4-Dick around with wild formulas with like weird arrows and squiggles and shit while going 'I am so smart, I am so smart, S M R T' to yourself and condescending on discord
    5-Release another update and a fixskill, with as convoluted an explanation of how the spell works as ever there was

This company has the opportunity to take a straight line from A to B and never does and instead turn every dev piece into a maze on the back of a McDonalds placemat, except they take a shit on it instead of using the provided crayons

Generation
    Essence is gathered by spending mana when casting offensive spells at enemies of an appropriate level for the caster to earn experience by killing them. Offensive spells generally include anything you can't cast in a sanctuary. Each cast generates a sort of magical static which clings to the caster depending on the relative difficulty of the target compared to the caster. On a mana pulse, a portion of that static is absorbed as essence for enchanting; being well trained in Elemental Mana Control will increase the amount of static converted into essence and being well trained in Harness Power and Elemental Lore: Water increases the maximum amount of essence that can be absorbed this way per pulse. Any unabsorbed static is generally lost, but if the Wizard is trained in Elemental Lore: Air a portion will carry over to the next mana pulse. Wizards trained in Elemental Lore: Fire will find their spell casting yields additional essence on average.

OK so it seems like with the new 925 you have to be a caster mage to enchant... what the hell do the warmages do if they want to enchant?
    That's not actually true. I capped my essence on my warmage (UAC) in ~12 hours of hunting. He's opening with 501 or 410 and 516 on most targets assuming my leech is not "tapped out". The kill is worth more than the amount of mana you're spending. In some cases I spam 502 with rapid fire for undead, but most of the time I'm punching and kicking things to death after they are knocked over with 501 or 410 (depending on # of targets).

Also, this change makes selling enchant way easier than before. I can sell my enchants for tons of coin now, and will continue to profit from having two wizards, and being able to cap their essence in 1-2 days of normal bounty hunting.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-18-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    never gonna stop LOL'ing at this spell, honestly, it's so Simu

1-Release update to spell that wasn't broken that nobody was complaining about
    2-The update is clearly un-tested and not ready for production with formulas that are super out of whack and even the GMs are having a hard time articulating what's supposed to be going on
    3-Rush out an 'update' that sucks perhaps even more dick than the first one, EXTREMELY begrudgingly permit players to remain on the old system since you know your new one is buns
    4-Dick around with wild formulas with like weird arrows and squiggles and shit while going 'I am so smart, I am so smart, S M R T' to yourself and condescending on discord
    5-Release another update and a fixskill, with as convoluted an explanation of how the spell works as ever there was

This company has the opportunity to take a straight line from A to B and never does and instead turn every dev piece into a maze on the back of a McDonalds placemat, except they take a shit on it instead of using the provided crayons
    Again bro, who is the PM of those amateurs?

You can't blame employees of being stupid if their "boss" let them be.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"