Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So whats your thoughts on the new "Improvements" on wizard enchanting essence?

Let's call this what it is. They are reducing the capability to enchant so Simu can increasingly offer it via paid services.

My main takeaway is still look at the numbers used.

every 37 bonus? 26 ranks but still use normal rank bonus progression? bonus / 11? Like what the fuck.

"maybe if we use some weird, random numbers it will give the impression we actually did work to balance this and didn't just make shit up."
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Those simu fuckers deleted my comment on this on the forums... Pricks!

Quote Originally Posted by DivePirate View Post
    Those simu fuckers deleted my comment on this on the forums... Pricks!
    What did you say? This is why PC is vital to the conversation - Simu controls the narrative through the Forums, Discord and through Propganda via 3rd parties AKA TownCrier, TownSquare Podcast.

Here is Luxelle's exciting TownCrier post on this GREAT change!!!!!!!

[TownCrier]-GSIV:Newsby: "[ANNOUNCEMENT] Hey Wizards, GM Naos has big news for you about essence calculations for enchanting. He spills out all the details in a long message and adds a note at the end with a date and fixskill information: http://bit.ly/2r13Q2W

I'd propose to rewrite it this way:

[TownCrier]-GSIV:Newsby: "[ANNOUNCEMENT] Hey Wizards, GM Naos has screwed you over yet again with big news about essence calculations for enchanting. He spills out all the details in a long & convoluted message with stupid formulas in an attempt to hide the real reason for the change - more P2W capabilities. But don't worry, he adds a note at the end with a date and fixskill information: http://bit.ly/2r13Q2W
    Last edited by Fortybox; 11-17-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Naos, despite his “GS purity” act, sold out and hopped on the P2W train.

What a dick.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Naos, despite his “GS purity” act, sold out and hopped on the P2W train.

What a dick.
    I doubt he had a choice.

Newsby/Towncrier became an arm of Simu promotion so gradually that nobody even noticed until it was done, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Newsby/Towncrier became an arm of Simu promotion so gradually that nobody even noticed until it was done, lol.
    [TownCrier]-GSIV:Newsby: "[FREE SIMUCOINS] For all paid subscribers: don't forget to log in to the SimuCoin Shop (not the main site) and claim your free simucoins this month. You must log in to see the big CLAIM button. Remember: if you don't claim them, they POOF!"

Oh, and here is the promotion for restraining orders:

[TownCrier]-GSIV:Newsby: "[NEWS] Head Zombie Wyrom steps forward and gives specific details about what may happen after a warn interact fails. May none of us ever need to know about a No Contact Order! http://bit.ly/2Knqiuc
    Last edited by Fortybox; 11-17-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I doubt he had a choice.
    Back when this bullshit first started and people were going nuts over the P2W enchant potion thing, Naos flat out said (paraphrased but pretty sure it was on Discord and not the forums IIRC) if he finds out these changes are being made with the intent of shifting things to P2W, then he was done and quitting.

He never won’t have that option if he actually believes in what he said back then, because it’s happening.

I’d be thrilled if everyone in dev quit tomorrow. GS has reached the point where the only good dev is no dev.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-17-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Nothing gradual about it, they've been like that since day 1.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.