Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So whats your thoughts on the new "Improvements" on wizard enchanting essence?

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...zard/view/1389

Reply Delete
    Why?

I join the bandwagon and ask you WHY are you doing this?

Why are you designing mages to be different from the regular lore we know about mages: people addicted to knowledge and research.

Mage =! Sorcerer

Sorcerers = agent of destruction

Mage = agent of knowledge

GOOD design:

Every amount of mana used to buff oneself = tiny amount of static (capped at x per spell)
    Every amount of mana used to buff (we have a lot of buff) others = small amount of static (capped at X per spell)
    Every amount of mana used to ENHANCE items = medium amount of static (902, 411). CAPPED at Y per spell
    Every creation done via alchemy = LOT of static
    Every amount of mana used to CHARGE, 420 or enchant = HUGE of static (more for 420 since you CREATE something)

Tiny, medium, lot and huge are variables that can be weighted via lore and stuff and so on and so on

Bad design:

KILL STUFF with complicated formula.

BAD SIMU! BAD SIMU! STOP!
    Everyone would just script spell themselves up at a table 24/7.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-18-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...zard/view/1389

Reply Delete
    Why?

I join the bandwagon and ask you WHY are you doing this?

Why are you designing mages to be different from the regular lore we know about mages: people addicted to knowledge and research.

Mage =! Sorcerer

Sorcerers = agent of destruction

Mage = agent of knowledge

GOOD design:

Every amount of mana used to buff oneself = tiny amount of static (capped at x per spell)
    Every amount of mana used to buff (we have a lot of buff) others = small amount of static (capped at X per spell)
    Every amount of mana used to ENHANCE items = medium amount of static (902, 411). CAPPED at Y per spell
    Every creation done via alchemy = LOT of static
    Every amount of mana used to CHARGE, 420 or enchant = HUGE of static (more for 420 since you CREATE something)

Tiny, medium, lot and huge are variables that can be weighted via lore and stuff and so on and so on

Bad design:

KILL STUFF with complicated formula.

BAD SIMU! BAD SIMU! STOP!
    Great post and a lot of good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Everyone would just script spell themselves up at a table 24/7.
    Cap amount per user.

Or static is gained if the receiver spent the charges via weapons swung via hunting (902-411) or item (raise, tap for 420) or charged item (same as prior)

for buffs: Static is gained when person is hunting via X static per Y mana spent on guy

For personnal buffs, while being attacked or attacking via your buffs

So on and so on and so on.

I kept it simple for simple minds bro.

edit:

instead, this new design makes people ;bigshot until cap essence. YEEE
    Last edited by Murrandii; 11-18-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

bigshot until cap essence. YEEE
    This is the key part to the whole thing. Kills to farm juice makes perfect sense for 735. It makes no sense for bardsong unlocks, and makes no sense for wizard enchanting. Dev lost any and all creativity. It's just 'small riff on 735 design' from there on out.

5. Default

;bigshot until cap YEEE
    !1

So my wizard capped in essence after a day (wiz is mid level). Normally it took days.

New changes might be beneficial for lower level.

For the dedicated player, this changes mean nothing besides little ajustements.

In fact, we gain a free fixskill at the first of December.

As a design dev, it'S pure garbage. It's pure nonchalance stupid copy past design from something else and prove, ONCE AGAIN, that they have no vision besides p2w.

It'S pure garbage in regards for people buying mage bots WHICH IS A PORTION OF THE PLAYERS.

It,s a big fuck you to the a portions of players that like this game to rp. You force them to do something (one thing) to use a feature.

And we all know it, it's a clear path to cash it out via p2w events to compensate the lazy players
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

For the dedicated player, this changes mean nothing besides little ajustements.

In fact, we gain a free fixskill at the first of December.

As a design dev, it'S pure garbage. It's pure nonchalance stupid copy past design from something else and prove, ONCE AGAIN, that they have no vision besides p2w.

It'S pure garbage in regards for people buying mage bots WHICH IS A PORTION OF THE PLAYERS.

It,s a big fuck you to the a portions of players that like this game to rp. You force them to do something (one thing) to use a feature.

And we all know it, it's a clear path to cash it out via p2w events to compensate the lazy players
    My biggest issue is that they've spent almost all year fucking with this over and over, having no clue wtf they want to do with it, when they could have spent that time doing real shit like fixing useless spells, give rogues some fucking buffs already, etc.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    What did you say? This is why PC is vital to the conversation - Simu controls the narrative through the Forums, Discord and through Propganda via 3rd parties AKA TownCrier, TownSquare Podcast.

Here is Luxelle's exciting TownCrier post on this GREAT change!!!!!!!

[TownCrier]-GSIV:Newsby: "[ANNOUNCEMENT] Hey Wizards, GM Naos has big news for you about essence calculations for enchanting. He spills out all the details in a long message and adds a note at the end with a date and fixskill information: http://bit.ly/2r13Q2W

I'd propose to rewrite it this way:

[TownCrier]-GSIV:Newsby: "[ANNOUNCEMENT] Hey Wizards, GM Naos has screwed you over yet again with big news about essence calculations for enchanting. He spills out all the details in a long & convoluted message with stupid formulas in an attempt to hide the real reason for the change - more P2W capabilities. But don't worry, he adds a note at the end with a date and fixskill information: http://bit.ly/2r13Q2W
    i posted what i posted in the very first comment of this thread..
    >flip gaunt at GemstoneIV
    You press a stud on the wrist of your articulated gauntlet, and gears whirr as the fingers of the gauntlet close into a locked fist. Then, as you roll the gauntlet palm heavenward, the fist's center digit rises like a lone sentinel in a wordless act of defiance.

**Above is an actual ez script action of a set of gauntlets I just bought off Alastir. Has several other ez script actions too**

I just canceled both my accounts yesterday and in my reason for canceling i put down, I'm sick of you guys screwing over my main character/wizards. Been playing this game for over 20 years now and it just gets worse and worse in a time where there are MUCH better games to play at cheaper monthly costs. So im gonna take my $120 a month of subscriptions PLUS all the extras I pay for a month in simucoin stuff and paid events and put it towards a company that gives a shit about their players. I clearly see where this is all going and im not going to be a part of it any longer but dont worry I'll end up returning back one day BUT that will only be to cash out on the investment i worked hard for. One thing that keeps this game alive is the fact that players can cash out when we are sick of YOUR BS.