Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So whats your thoughts on the new "Improvements" on wizard enchanting essence?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Back when this bullshit first started and people were going nuts over the P2W enchant potion thing, Naos flat out said (paraphrased but pretty sure it was on Discord and not the forums IIRC) if he finds out these changes are being made with the intent of shifting things to P2W, then he was done and quitting.

He never won’t have that option if he actually believes in what he said back then, because it’s happening.

I’d be thrilled if everyone in dev quit tomorrow. GS has reached the point where the only good dev is no dev.
    Yeah, I remember when he said that. It's a big lie though.

The premise of why enchanting was changed was to move it behind the Simu paywall as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Yeah, I remember when he said that. It's a big lie though.
    Which is why Naos is the newest Simu sellout. That, or extremely naive.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-17-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Optimizing essence gain with the new formula:

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

5. Default

I’m sure it’s all P2W motivated just like everything else in this game now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Let's call this what it is. They are reducing the capability to enchant so Simu can increasingly offer it via paid services.
    Sad but true. If you read all the saved posts on the treasure system dating back to the 1990s it starts off with GMs explaining things in depth to players and ends in the late 2010s with - "Don't forget to go to the Simucoin store!"

I guess I should thank him though because enchant prices are almost definitely going to go up now.
    I'd like to see everyone be forced to either get enchanted gear/items/silvers out of the game or buy from other players.

Playing GSIV without P2W and making a profit:

Fixed.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 11-17-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    Fixed.
    That doesn't even make sense.

i think he's going for difficulty without using p2w stuff... but that level is much harder than just getting to 100 in gemstone on 4x gear

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    i think he's going for difficulty without using p2w stuff... but that level is much harder than just getting to 100 in gemstone on 4x gear
    This, but also paying for sub + profit silver farming while leveling up and post cap. F.ree T.o W.in.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 11-17-2019 at 09:49 PM.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...zard/view/1389

Reply Delete
    Why?

I join the bandwagon and ask you WHY are you doing this?

Why are you designing mages to be different from the regular lore we know about mages: people addicted to knowledge and research.

Mage =! Sorcerer

Sorcerers = agent of destruction

Mage = agent of knowledge

GOOD design:

Every amount of mana used to buff oneself = tiny amount of static (capped at x per spell)
    Every amount of mana used to buff (we have a lot of buff) others = small amount of static (capped at X per spell)
    Every amount of mana used to ENHANCE items = medium amount of static (902, 411). CAPPED at Y per spell
    Every creation done via alchemy = LOT of static
    Every amount of mana used to CHARGE, 420 or enchant = HUGE of static (more for 420 since you CREATE something)

Tiny, medium, lot and huge are variables that can be weighted via lore and stuff and so on and so on

Bad design:

KILL STUFF with complicated formula.

BAD SIMU! BAD SIMU! STOP!
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Using the kill stuff formula, I was still able to cap essence in about 12 hours. Spend the first 6 hours hunting for bounties only killing the bounty target, and the second 6 hours hunting bounties, but killing anything in the area. Since the area I hunt is Nelemar, a lot of targets are not 100+, so they generate less essence. Also, this is a warmage, so he's not using a lot of attack spells (501, 516, sometimes 410 - and spams 502 on undead defenders).

In the end, I have to do another 4 hour hunt session beyond what I was doing previously. It's not a "game changer" for me at cap. I imagine the reason for the extra 4 hours is because he spends a lot of time trying to finish bounties while fried and pulses off-node are 50% weaker. Change that one thing, and most players wouldn't even notice this change.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-18-2019 at 01:21 PM.