Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 15.4m Postcap Wizard for Sale

Can you get HMC if it’s on an item? We are facing a pandemic here people...

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    The wizard this thread is about was mine. I began him in 2009 and leveled him to 15.4m. He is exactly as described in the first post. I sold him to the OP three weeks ago, with shop and gear, for $1200. There were no problems with the payment. A week after I sold him the wizard, he asked me if I would buy it back or mind if he sold it, and I told him I wasn't looking to buy it back and to go ahead and sell it. In the middle of his trying to sell it, the account he had put the wizard on got hit with HMC status because it was linked to his other account. I don't know the history of the Plat situation or who's in the right, but I do know he paid me promptly and I didn't have any trouble.

As to whether the OP is actually disabled and is telling the truth, I recognize him from several passing interactions over the last several years, during which he has multiple times asked my advice on ranger training and has told me the same disability story and about how he plays Gemstone for distraction from it. As a result, my read on the disability angle is that he's legitimately disabled and is telling the truth. From my interactions with him, I believe he simply over-invests emotionally in Gemstone and makes mistakes in interpersonal relationships as a result of anxiety over it.

The OP PM'd me and offered me the shop back for free this evening before he canceled his accounts. Again, I don't know the full story behind all of this, but I wish him the best and hope that a break from Gemstone is beneficial.
    Sounds like he realized he infected the new wizard and tried to scam you by taking it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    But it just rolls off the tongue...
    Not touching that one.

4. Default

Plat is deadass on some Mean Girls shit, Burn Book and all

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Sounds like he realized he infected the new wizard and tried to scam you by taking it back.
    yeah, I think that too.

Chronology from my pov:

1) He tried to buy a wiz on PRIME ( and I was listening to offers) and told many of us the story why (he had problems in plat and wanted to leave cause reason). As many, I heard the same rhetoric: disable, poor, he needs help and is trying to make his life better with gs. I wanted more money, he offered a fix amount and per months cash. He told me over and over his 500$ per month. I couldn't accept money if he was that poor. I said no deal. Ok so far, it's a bit weird but it happens. Key point: he wanted to LEAVE Plat, it was toxic for him and wanted to stop, completely, plat interactions.

2) He got nuad'S character. A couple of time after, he PMed ingame and told me he wished he bought MY character. I didn't ask why but he gave reasons anyway: HMC and a bunch of stuff I didn't pay attention. Until then I NEVER THOUGHT THE GUY WAS THE SAME AS THE OP OF THIS THREAD. For me, it was 2 different persons.

3) He pmed me in game to sell his services, meaning he'd take my character and play em while I pay him. He tried to sell me a high end bow cause he wanted to buy his mom stuff in plat. I told him no 6 times. He threw the disabling and poor status. I gave him advice to make money. HE REFUSED THEM. FISHY RED FLAG ALERT. I told him how to increase his revenue, gave him pointers, how to do it. HE KEPT SAYING HE CAN'T CAUSE HE'S DISABLED! RED FLAG ALERT!

4) This drama
    Last edited by Murrandii; 12-03-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

The one thing that dont make any sense to me. If your income is so restricted, why would you be buying 1k plus characters. Imagine spending 2x or 3x your monthly salary on just a character.

I also never understood the alure of plat, mostly because I feel 15 a month is expensive enough . I'd rather have multiple 15$ accounts than one expensive account. To each their own.

The funny thing is this HMC thing was blamed on a member of his household originally. Now the blame is on a certain group of 'bullies' in plat. I'm glad I didnt buy this character. But it's really too bad a character with a good name is now tainted forever.
    Last edited by Sile; 12-03-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

7. Default

I normally never bother to comment on these kinds of threads but I couldn't resist adding...

*popcorn munch munch*

The wizard this thread is about was mine. I began him in 2009 and leveled him to 15.4m. He is exactly as described in the first post. I sold him to the OP three weeks ago, with shop and gear, for $1200. There were no problems with the payment. A week after I sold him the wizard, he asked me if I would buy it back or mind if he sold it, and I told him I wasn't looking to buy it back and to go ahead and sell it. In the middle of his trying to sell it, the account he had put the wizard on got hit with HMC status because it was linked to his other account. I don't know the history of the Plat situation or who's in the right, but I do know he paid me promptly and I didn't have any trouble.

As to whether the OP is actually disabled and is telling the truth, I recognize him from several passing interactions over the last several years, during which he has multiple times asked my advice on ranger training and has told me the same disability story and about how he plays Gemstone for distraction from it. As a result, my read on the disability angle is that he's legitimately disabled and is telling the truth. From my interactions with him, I believe he simply over-invests emotionally in Gemstone and makes mistakes in interpersonal relationships as a result of anxiety over it.

The OP PM'd me and offered me the shop back for free this evening before he canceled his accounts. Again, I don't know the full story behind all of this, but I wish him the best and hope that a break from Gemstone is beneficial.
    The problem with this is he's saying it wasn't a linked account, it was supposedly on an unlinked account and due solely to logging in from the same location he got slapped with HMC, insisting that Simu specifically told him it's from logging in from the same location and nothing to do with linked accounts. Which I find pretty hard to believe, since that's not how getting hit with HMC works and has been confirmed by Simu.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-03-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The problem with this is he's saying it wasn't a linked account, it was supposedly on an unlinked account and due solely to logging in from the same location he got slapped with HMC, insisting that Simu specifically told him it's from logging in from the same location and nothing to do with linked accounts. Which I find pretty hard to believe.
    Yeah, he was just trying to hide the wizard on his mom's account, I think. Apparently they have the same address because he lives at home due to his disability. He probably would have been fine, but he apparently emailed feedback to ask if they were going to penalize his mom's account because of his HMC status, which, you know, would have been like showing bloody meat to a wolf. Feedback's official stance is that any account linked by name, billing, or IP address can be tagged as well, but it's a manual thing, I'm sure.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 12-03-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Yeah, he was just trying to hide the wizard on his mom's account, I think. Apparently they have the same address because he lives at home due to his disability. He probably would have been fine, but he apparently emailed feedback to ask if they were going to penalize his mom's account because of his HMC status, which, you know, would have been like showing bloody meat to a wolf. Feedback's official stance is that any account linked by name, billing, or IP address can be tagged as well, but it's a manual thing, I'm sure.
    That doesn't change the fact that he made up a completely false story and is still doubling down on it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible