Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oliver Stone Convicted - Facing 20 Years in Prison

1. Default

Ok, I'll give you a break and stop posting facts and statistics while you rage about individual stories. Good luck with that.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Ok, I'll give you a break and stop posting facts and statistics while you rage about individual stories. Good luck with that.
    What facts and statistics do you think you have brought into this conversation? A statistic stating that the AVERAGE sentence for RAPE is 14 years? Yeah, clearly asking a friend to lie is slightly less worse than actual rape.

So far the only person who has provided any facts and statistics in regards to prison time for witness tampering has been me, and I've clearly shown that 9 years for asking a friend to lie is outrageous when I have shown one case where someone plotted to murder a witness received half that amount of time.

The prosecutors had it out for Stone. The jury had it out for Stone. The judge had it out for Stone as evidenced by the fact that she made the whole thing a big secret, including who the jury was, and after the foreman for the jury outed herself it turns out she was a Democratic operative who had a very clear bias both against Trump and FOR the Mueller investigation, of which the Stone charges derived from.

I don't know how else to prove this is a huge crock of shit but you apparently have already made up your mind that Stone got a fair trial and deserves 9 years for some reason and no amount of reason or facts is gonna change that.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-14-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    What facts and statistics do you think you have brought into this conversation? A statistic stating that the AVERAGE sentence for RAPE is 14 years? Yeah, clearly asking a friend to lie is slightly less worse than actual rape.

So far the only person who has provided any facts and statistics in regards to prison time for witness tampering has been me, and I've clearly shown that 9 years for asking a friend to lie is outrageous when I have shown one case where someone plotted to murder a witness received half that amount of time.

The prosecutors had it out for Stone. The jury had it out for Stone. The judge had it out for Stone as evidenced by the fact that she made the whole thing a big secret, including who the jury was, and after the foreman for the jury outed herself it turns out she was a Democratic operative who had a very clear bias both against Trump and FOR the Mueller investigation, of which the Stone charges derived from.

I don't know how else to prove this is a huge crock of shit but you apparently have already made up your mind that Stone got a fair trial and deserves 9 years for some reason and no amount of reason or facts is gonna change that.
    Classic TGO: states "supposedly he asked a friend to lie" then 5 posts later he treats his own hyperbole as if it were fact. Stone was convicted on SEVEN counts, one of which was witness tampering. Witness tampering does not equal "asking a friend to lie" and is only one of seven crimes Roger Stone was found guilty of.

Besides all that, the guy was an arrogant prick who was repeatedly warned not to contact witnesses. And then did it anyway. That kind of arrogance in the face of our system of justice warrants a harsher sentence, not a lesser one.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Classic TGO: states "supposedly he asked a friend to lie" then 5 posts later he treats his own hyperbole as if it were fact. Stone was convicted on SEVEN counts, one of which was witness tampering. Witness tampering does not equal "asking a friend to lie" and is only one of seven crimes Roger Stone was found guilty of.

Besides all that, the guy was an arrogant prick who was repeatedly warned not to contact witnesses. And then did it anyway. That kind of arrogance in the face of our system of justice warrants a harsher sentence, not a lesser one.
    That’s what the witness tampering charge was: he asked his friend to lie.

The rest of his “crimes” were all process crimes of lying.

I know it would physically pain you to agree I was right about something so I understand why you are arguing with me.

Also Democrats aren’t in control yet, it’s not yet a crime to be an arrogant prick while being a Republican.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-14-2020 at 02:01 PM.

I agree it's not a crime to be an arrogant prick to a judge who gets to sentence you for the crimes you've been convicted of.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

A judge and jury has made up their mind that he's received a fair trial and if he's that convinced he hasn't, he's got the federal court of appeals to prove his point.

All of this smacks in the face of Trump not wanting to expose himself politically by offering pardons or commutations to his cronies. Tactically it's a smart decision, but the fact he's not been able to lay off the tweet horn will give plenty of talking points for upcoming Presidential debates.

7. Default

Wait until Trump pardons him, THEN we'll see the real fireworks.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Wait until Trump pardons him, THEN we'll see the real fireworks.
    If Trump loses, I predict quite a few pardons.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    A judge and jury has made up their mind that he's received a fair trial and if he's that convinced he hasn't, he's got the federal court of appeals to prove his point.
    If you were honest with yourself for once you would realize none of this is true. But fairness and rule of law means nothing in the age of Trump so fuck Roger Stone I guess.

"Guy gets 6 months for rape and Stone gets 9 years for lying? Sounds fair to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    If Trump loses, I predict quite a few pardons.
    I predict a few pardons whether he wins or loses, but he probably won't be pardoning too many people until then.