Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2-3x/day Scrying Mirror: a carved obsidian mirror with an inlay of diamond slivers

Default 2-3x/day Scrying Mirror: a carved obsidian mirror with an inlay of diamond slivers

Selling a very pretty 2x/3x a day scrying mirror. This allows you to watch someone move from place to place for up to 10 minutes. Refer to the Analyze below for x/day specifics and MIU requirements. See the comments for a log.

MB: 30m silvers

Item: a carved obsidian mirror with an inlay of diamond slivers

Show: The depthless black of the mirror's obsidian frame holds a gloss and shine unmatched but by the slivers of diamond that have been inlaid into the handle and along the edge. Each minute piece glitters in ambient light, tiny winking stars against the velvet black of an evening sky. The piece is near flawless with its umblemished mirror and pristine frame, though when turned just so, scrawls of crude etchings can be found to mar the back of the mirror, tangling the beauty of the piece in unknown mystery.
    There appears to be something written on it.

In the Common language, it reads:
    "The mind's eye, once opened, sees...so much...be wary of what you seek, for you may surely find it."

>anal my mir
    You analyze your obsidian mirror and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
    Scrying Mirror - YOU CANNOT ALTER THIS OBJECT

This is a scrying mirror. You need to WHISPER MIRROR the name of the
    person you want to scry on, and then GAZE into the mirror to activate it.
    PEER will work as a normal mirror. This item will work only if you have
    thirty ranks of MIU, and if the target is cross-realm, sixty ranks of MIU
    is required. The item will work twice a day, for ten minutes if the target
    is not cross realm, three if the target is.

It is currently used up for the day and will not reset until 10/31/2019 20:24:27 CDT.
    It is not currently scrying anyone.
    You get no sense of whether or not the mirror may be further lightened.
    Last edited by ktig; 11-11-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: currency clarification

LOG:
    >
    Person123 just arrived.
    >
    Person123 stands up.
    >
    Person123 just went northeast.
    >
    >whisper mirror Person123
    The obsidian mirror grows warm beneath your touch, and you feel a tingling sensation run up your arm.
    >
    >gaze mirror
    As you gaze intently at the obsidian mirror, the image of where Person123 is suddenly fills your mind...
    [Ta'Illistim, Shimmarglin Court]
    Two paths snake out of the courtyard and around the imposing facade of the Shimmarglin Inn, with its tall, arched doors and cracked stained glass lancet windows. Large piles of debris and rubble block the entrance. Above, the floating dais spins slowly in the air. You also see an enameled silver signpost.
    Also here: Person123
    Obvious paths: northeast, southwest, northwest
    >
    [Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
    The dais is ringed by a series of slender columns, each one simply fluted and carved from perfectly white marble. Within the circle of the columns' embrace, and elevated high off of the ground, a tiny garden of cultivated plants grows. Roses climb around the carved legs of a mistwood bench, which sits alongside neat beds of columbine and a tended plot of white jasmine. Over the whole enclosure is a coffered dome set with an oculus. You also see the brown Macalia disk, the Guard Captain, the Daevian disk, an outgoing forest spirit that is flying around, a fat grey cat that is sleeping, the sparkling Donimagimo disk, a fickle glacier spirit that is flying around, the Leshe disk, a sturdy mithril strongbox, the Aethorious disk, the sparkling Celebrim disk, a short-nosed pygmy bat and a silver trash receptacle.
    Also here: Person123, Macalia, Lord Daevian, Shern, Lord Donimagimo, Alysianne, Lady Leshe, Celebrim, Aethorious
    Obvious paths: out
    >
    [Ta'Illistim, Shimmarglin Court]
    The bottom of the floating dais overhead falls over this patch of the courtyard, shrouding the cobblestones below in a dim, perpetual gloaming. Nonetheless, the space is filled with impermanent shelving and carrels, set out with no regard for order, placement, or easy passage through the morass. You also see an elven aristocrat and a silver trash receptacle.
    Also here: Person123
    Obvious paths: southeast, southwest
    >
    The images of far off places in your mind cease...
    >
    [Person123 had logged out]
    >

Creepy
    standing between the living and the dead

4. Default

Does it behave like 116 or 920 in regards to unpresence, invisibility, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by adverbious View Post
    Does it behave like 116 or 920 in regards to unpresence, invisibility, etc?
    Relatively well, yes.

1. Unpresence/204: Honors restriction. Cannot find when up. Didn't get a chance to test if it kills view when cast mid-view
    2. Invis/916: Honors restriction. Cannot find when up. Kills view if 916 is cast while viewing
    3. Hidden Target: Honors restriction partially. Cannot find if target is hidden, though if target hides while viewed, you can continue watching.
    4. Rooms with locate/familiar restriction: Honors restriction. Cannot view and kills view if active, then target enters. Also blocked in private properties, so a little less pervy than otherwise suspected.

boop

Bump

bump ahead

People using this item like:

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Bump. Last one of these sold for 50m.