Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New wizard assistance (race, spell changes)

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    He was not a wizard but for giggles I created a burghai gnome sorc that swings a naginata and even that build worked, and if that can work, I think most anything can work.
    Now I'm curious what the absolute worst build is that someone could throw together for any race/profession combo.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Now I'm curious what the absolute worst build is that someone could throw together for any race/profession combo.
    2h throwing Cleric that doesn't cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    What about a warrior that only uses scrolls?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

4. Default

a build so gimped
    Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    a burghai gnome sorc that swings a naginata
    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    a warrior that only uses scrolls
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    monk using only 1206
    "MY CHARACTER CAN THROW AWAY THE FUCK OUT OF SOME GARBAGE!"
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 11-12-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Include more horrible builds

They actually did this and leveled up with scrolls too. Think a warrior with scrolls made it to 15 or so before it become too tedious.

Now, monk using only 1206 - that's the ticket! They'd have to run errands or something to get enough mana to just cast once.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.

warding warrior (409).

When you hit 15, bring up the artillery! (415!)
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    I didn't know about 502. Is it effective outside of early levels?

Mechanically Dark Elf looks amazing. How big of a factor is spirit loss at cap (outside of COL)? Either via hunting grounds or critters?
    I use 502 in OTF as a setup for anything that will stun and it is very effective. The Ithzir have a nasty trait of fading when cast at.

Spirit has not mattered outside of CoL signs, I had to stagger swords/shields/dissipation so I would not drop below 8 spirit which would impact AS spells.
    "You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    Spirit has not mattered outside of CoL signs, I had to stagger swords/shields/dissipation so I would not drop below 8 spirit which would impact AS spells.
    Not a huge fan of CoL for wizards because they are AS dependent, and you will be forced to use wracking for mana in the field. This leaves you with 2 options after you wrack - 1. ward things with 502 to kill them, or 2. have 1x in wizard ranks to hunt with 917. Either options is viable, but neither option is as efficient as bolting.

For low level characters, Voln is actually ideal because 50 mana is often more than enough to finish your hunt. Once you get into your 60s/70s, then Voln stops being so ideal since the # of undead targets dwindle to barely any, and you're no longer getting a great benefit from just 50 mana. However, GoS does less for mana overall, yet the defensive benefits are impressive and there's a ton of hated foes allowing you to actually put weighting on your bolt spells.

In the end CoL is great for utility hunters. With the right training, 917 can 1-shot a lot of targets, and you will be better at enchanting in general. Which makes the spirit drain not horrible.

Alternately, you can focus on getting a ton of +AUR enhancives. Once you have 11 Spirit, you can keep swords/shields/dissipation going all the time, and you'll rarely run out of spirit during a hunt to hinder your bolt AS. Once you need to wrack though, you're done bolting for a good bit. Finding +Spirit Regen enhancives is hard and expensive also, but they can help with DE spirit issues.

Dark Elf is a good race - but CoL will likely be a problem if you want to bolt as a pure wizard. I'd stick to Voln or GoS if you go DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    They actually did this and leveled up with scrolls too. Think a warrior with scrolls made it to 15 or so before it become too tedious.

Now, monk using only 1206 - that's the ticket! They'd have to run errands or something to get enough mana to just cast once.
    If I was less lazy I’d roll up a 1206 monk and complain constantly on the forums about being shitty at casting it.