Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New wizard assistance (race, spell changes)

CAreful about balance, it's a trap most of the time in regard to race if you minmax wrongly.

Having a well balanced race with stats you don't care is not a good choice.

i.e.

The 15 dex difference from a human to a halfing is NOT just 15 AS. The 15 DEX is also a phantom crit weight that is added with a certain formula.

People pays HUGE amount of money to increase their AS for little numbers.

Assuming wizards got 2 key stats: DEX (bolt AS) and AURA (CS). Don't neglect CS as a wizard, you will need it for leach at the BARE minimum.

DE are the BEST mechanical race cause they get + 10 in both. BIG drawback is their racial penalty to selling stuff, in nelemar, it's a HUGE 25% worst. EURK

HAlfing are the BEST bolters with their +15 DEX. They get -5 un AURA. See here the choice? Another good point for halfing is their natural TD bonus. VERY HELPFUL. + 5 logic = 1 exp more per minute = pill up = good stuff.

B Gnome are somewhat good: + 10 DEX, + 5 aura. Their HUGE bonus is their + 10 logic making your wiz absorbing 2 exp, in average, per minute more than the others. That's not neglecting matter here.

Sylvain are kinda B gnome with no logic bonus. Bleh

You wanna go physical? Giant or Dwarf.

You wanna ranged? same as bolters.

Don't go average, you will hate your wiz. Go minmax, you will ADORE your max. OPiness = fun. Average = bleh

Society:

CoL is gs3 stuff. If you still decide to go there, know that wracking hurts your BOLT AS. Therefore, CoL is meh for wizards unless you CS (oh, see DE's advantages here over halfling?)

Sunfist and voln got no spirit problems. Sunfist stacks with his padding to 520. Sunfist mages are OP!

And post train 40, wizard leaches well so you'll have no mana issue if you minmaxed it like a prob
    Last edited by Murrandii; 11-12-2019 at 08:01 AM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    I've got my eyes on a burghal gnome however I'd love input on what the rest of community thinks about the viability of a gnome versus other recommended choices.
    Any race/class combo is viable in this game. You can obsess about every little +/-, or just do what you think would be cool. It really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Any race/class combo is viable in this game. You can obsess about every little +/-, or just do what you think would be cool. It really doesn't matter.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    This.
    This.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This.

And in 2 years, spend millions to compensate the bonuses you'd have with a better racial selection LOL
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

The RP aspects of racial selection is almost meaningless now, you can change your race using items and pretty soon we’ll get the monk ability to change race or even profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    you can change your race using items
    Last edited by Methais; 11-12-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    And in 2 years, spend millions to compensate the bonuses you'd have with a better racial selection LOL
    Nah.

In 2 years you will realize that while you may bolt in the 460s and JoeminmaxerXXxX bolts in the 480s (completely made-up numbers)you still kill things with remarkable swiftness and the game is easy and it just doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Avaia; 11-12-2019 at 01:34 PM.