Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New wizard assistance (race, spell changes)

Why doesn't it matter, you ask?

...because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money!

How significant is the -10 logic of half krolvins vs say + 10 of burgh gnomes?
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    How significant is the -10 logic of half krolvins vs say + 10 of burgh gnomes?
    It's a few EXP points per pulse. Unless you are really paying close attention to the numbers ticking down you probably won't even notice.

-10 = -2 exp per minute / pulse on nodes

+ 10 = + 2 exp per minute / on nodes

that's a +4, all things considered equal, difference.

For each hour, it's 240 exp. If you you play 10 hours a day, it's 2,4k difference. 6 days a week = 14,4k, a month = 61k, a year = 743k.

If you play less, then, your impact is lessen.

If you aren't racing to cap bro, the effect is almost close to 0.

@Avaia: I agree on stats that some people put too much weight on em. This game, however, is a mechanical game for many purposes and the more numbers you have, normally, the "easier" it gets.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

PICK THE RACE YOU WANT TO PLAY! By that I mean, pick the race you envision your character being, like so many have said, anything works. I have a half-elf bolting wizard that is very near cap and a UAC elf wizard in his 60's, I cannot tell the difference between the two as far as how dangerous each is relative to their levels and learning ability. As a side note, I always set my stats to cap at 19 and forget about them, so worrying about stats is silly. This is not a mechanical game it is an RP game with mechanics. If that is how some choose to play, and focus on only the mechanics, that's cool but they miss out on a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    This is not a mechanical game it is an RP game with mechanics.
    Basically. If you focus too much on the mechanics of the game, this shit is not fun, imo.

Awesome. Appreciate all the input
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Nah.

In 2 years you will realize that while you may bolt in the 460s and JoeminmaxerXXxX bolts in the 480s (completely made-up numbers)you still kill things with remarkable swiftness and the game is easy and it just doesn't matter.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Other than rolling someone up and training in literally nothing, I wonder if it's possible make a build so gimped that it's impossible for them to level.

I'm too lazy for this experiment, but we need someone who is less lazy to do this.

"MY CHARACTER CAN THROW AWAY THE FUCK OUT OF SOME GARBAGE!"
    Last edited by Methais; 11-12-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Other than rolling someone up and training in literally nothing, I wonder if it's possible make a build so gimped that it's impossible for them to level.

I'm too lazy for this experiment, but we need someone who is less lazy to do this.

"MY CHARACTER CAN THROW AWAY THE FUCK OUT OF GARBAGE!"
    He was not a wizard but for giggles I created a burghai gnome sorc that swings a naginata and even that build worked, and if that can work, I think most anything can work.