Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of bard to create to help my sorcerer and wizard

1. Default What type of bard to create to help my sorcerer and wizard

I've got a level 48 DE Sorc, and a am working on leveling a halfling wizard.

I want to create a bard to hunt with the group, to provide song of power for them.

Considering I have a sorcerer in the group who can open with grasp of graves seems like the melee bard will have any easy time.

What type of bard would you recommend?

I'd also like this character to be able to carry lots of loot, so larger race would be helpful. Looking at the guides possibly half-krov polearm bard?

What type of bard would be good if I created a human or giantman bard?

Any input would be appreciated.

Go pole until 30 then pure all the way. I play a pure bard/ wiz duo. Only issue is getting the wizard kill credit and wiz juice generation is slow because you kill things so fast.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nocturnix; 11-09-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Go pole until 30 then pure all the way. I play a pure bard/ wiz duo. Only issue is getting the wizard kill credit and wiz juice generation is slow because you kill things so fast.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Swing 7seconds until 30?
    standing between the living and the dead

since you already have two pures maybe go TWC?

5. Default

You would recommend TWC, as opposed to pole arm?

If so what race considering I'm looking towards a larger race to increase carrying capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucktar View Post
    You would recommend TWC, as opposed to pole arm?

If so what race considering I'm looking towards a larger race to increase carrying capacity.
    twc is more fun polearm is rough until higher lvls due to RT

but you have until lvl 20 to decide i suppose i think elves are good for polearm and twc

halberd hits decent for a pole and is slightly quicker than a lance. while growing into agi/dex( I went elf for a polearm bard for that dex).. If he's group hunting it he doesn't need all the stopping power. TWC would be a struggle in terms of tps imho.

I enjoyed UAC as a bard, switched to that at 25 because polearm was slow and boring. UAC with 30 ranks in mstrike was working better overall until I hit 35 when I picked up Tonis.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I enjoyed UAC as a bard, switched to that at 25 because polearm was slow and boring. UAC with 30 ranks in mstrike was working better overall until I hit 35 when I picked up Tonis.
    hunting alone or group hunts? lots of people talk about how cool they are.. but when I hunt with one... they seem to only plink for little damage... I guess maybe they are being nice... and not using 1035? or mstrike?

I hunted solo for my entire bard career with wizard spellup. He went from 25-82 as UAC bard with a short stint (about 2 levels in the 60s) as a pure.

Sonic cestus, use a tier-up script, and use punch as your T3. mstrike helps early on, but when you get Tonis it might actually cause your killing to slow down slightly.

I used Voln as a way to maintain Tonis after 35 because there's no way you can keep it going without a steady supply of mana. At 35, you can keep it up around 70% of the time with Voln, and you'll have to favor farm with that strategy as well.

The primary difference between UAC and Polearm is that your Jab/Punch/Grapple will all have 1s RT and Kick is 2s RT with 1035 at 30 ranks of air lore, and polearm swings will still have 3s RT. Once you're at 75 ranks in air lore, your Kick is also 1s, but polearm attacks are still 2s RT. That means you can get 2-3x as many UAC hits in during the time it takes for you to swing once with a polearm. Which also means 2-3x as many opportunities for sonic flares.

Now, if you compare a super uber lance build with 2s RT vs a UAC, lance is probably going to win. Average gear though, I think UAC wins out.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-10-2019 at 01:27 AM.