Thread: Reim Grind - tips?

Lightbulb Reim Grind - tips?

I am considering to start the grind to get ethereal chain on my armor. I play a bard + wiz duo. I have run a few reims already but am by no means an expert. Just wondering if people have any words of wisdom, tips, scripts, consumeables, words of encouragement to start this long painful grind.

I mostly play self-spelled (so no dreavenings), so things like embeddables, scrolls etc. might be key to helping with boss fight.

In my first tries i only had a bit of trouble with the final bosses.

Now I am looking to stock up on gear, and might get a dispel wand. (Bosses have spells right)? I also have the debuff ghezyte bracelet I would use on he bosses and a 20x/day bind that could help immobilize them.

Any other suggestions? Where do you rest at? Just the safe rooms? No node there. Any scripts to help with puzzles? Just want to make this as painless on my wrists and eyes as possible

Easiest way of course would be to do it with HoA. Go on a farming night and just re-orb as many times as you can.

If you're sub-capped, the only real challenge is taking out the emperor and empress. Have the wizard do it first, and kill the empress first. Then the bard can get a lick in on each and the wizard can toast them with 950 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Easiest way of course would be to do it with HoA. Go on a farming night and just re-orb as many times as you can.

If you're sub-capped, the only real challenge is taking out the emperor and empress. Have the wizard do it first, and kill the empress first. Then the bard can get a lick in on each and the wizard can toast them with 950 or whatever.
    What is HoA?

We are sub capped about to hit 90 soon. Both are pures, why wizard on empress only?

Either of the characters Voln? I have been running REIM on my capped monk and ~20 bard. Both are UAC and Voln. I usually get strength/thurfels on the bard and use a few small statues. Most difficult part is unavoidable insta-death CMAN's.

I use a few Voln scripts but also use ;reimtraps(I have noticed this doesn't recognize one or two of the traps, so be mindful using it)

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Either of the characters Voln? I have been running REIM on my capped monk and ~20 bard. Both are UAC and Voln. I usually get strength/thurfels on the bard and use a few small statues. Most difficult part is unavoidable insta-death CMAN's.

I use a few Voln scripts but also use ;reimtraps(I have noticed this doesn't recognize one or two of the traps, so be mindful using it)
    Will try reimtraps, thanks!

1) Take advantage of the task board to get extra scrip. You can frequently do two tasks per run if you remember to get a task an hour ahead of time to account for the timer.
    2) Don't forget, you don't have to fight the end bosses to max out scrip. (There are advantages to defeating them if you can, but don't obsess over it being necessary.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jymamon View Post
    1) Take advantage of the task board to get extra scrip. You can frequently do two tasks per run if you remember to get a task an hour ahead of time to account for the timer.
    2) Don't forget, you don't have to fight the end bosses to max out scrip. (There are advantages to defeating them if you can, but don't obsess over it being necessary.)
    Great tips!!!

I will definately consider. I guess i wanted to finish bosses for enhancive loot possibilities, but ultimately the goal is fast efficient scrip gain.

What is max scrip per run btw?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    What is HoA?

We are sub capped about to hit 90 soon. Both are pures, why wizard on empress only?
    HoA is a group of capped people who do Reim every night at 8:30 Eastern. The group meets in the plaza in the first area (village?). Some nights they progress to the end, some nights they just stand around and farm. With a group that size, you can usually max out scrip pretty fast. Just make sure your group is open when you go into the plaza. You should be able to participate without my trouble by level 90.

I say do the empress first because once you kill one, the other goes berserk and is harder to kill. It's generally easier to kill the berserk emperor than the berserk empress because of all of the spells the empress has up.

And if you have two characters, you can have two sets of bosses and get double the loot. But if both characters attack the bosses, a second set won't spawn. If the wizard can kill the bosses solo, then the bard can touch the sphere and you can do them again with the wizard's help. I just suggested the wizard do it first because wizards are generally more effective at killing creatures with a shitton of hitpoints.

If you're in voln, don't forget to use symbol of disruption.
    Last edited by khorpulent; 11-07-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    HoA is a group of capped people who do Reim every night at 8:30 Eastern. The group meets in the plaza in the first area (village?). Some nights they progress to the end, some nights they just stand around and farm. With a group that size, you can usually max out scrip pretty fast. Just make sure your group is open when you go into the plaza. You should be able to participate without my trouble by level 90.

I say do the empress first because once you kill one, the other goes berserk and is harder to kill. It's generally easier to kill the berserk emperor than the berserk empress because of all of the spells the empress has up.

And if you have two characters, you can have two sets of bosses and get double the loot. But if both characters attack the bosses, a second set won't spawn. If the wizard can kill the bosses solo, then the bard can touch the sphere and you can do them again with the wizard's help. I just suggested the wizard do it first because wizards are generally more effective at killing creatures with a shitton of hitpoints.

If you're in voln, don't forget to use symbol of disruption.

Thanks for the explanation very helpful!

Not in voln unfortunately, we're both COL. Might buy a dispel wand just for this boss. But lets see if I need it.

Is there a max scrip you can achieve per day?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Thanks for the explanation very helpful!

Not in voln unfortunately, we're both COL. Might buy a dispel wand just for this boss. But lets see if I need it.

Is there a max scrip you can achieve per day?
    Max scrip per entry is 1k normally. Or 1100 with Reim goggles you can buy in the store