Thread: End game sorcerer build

Default End game sorcerer build

So while home sick this week, I’ve been making some posts and looking for ideas for how to have more fun with the character and got to thinking about end game builds. I guess the idea what’s coming from my previous questions about lores and other stuff.

As I think about it the major decision points come to lores, cm skills and priorities. For example to I do dodging or finish lores first.

For elemental lores, it looks like the general consensus is either a heavy earth lore build or a balanced 50 in each.

For Sorcerer lore, it seems like the consensus is earthier heavy into necro, say 170ish or balanced about a 100 in each.

For CM I haven’t seen much discussion since the disarm changes. The orthodox used to be, fully trained in disarm and CM defense. While I bet CM defense is still there, I myself don’t see the need to fully max disarm. I also have 20 ranks in brawl and 1 in twc so the DS remains high.

Before the disarm changes, I wanted to get fully 1x brawl, 1x twc and get dodge as I could. Because yeah I hated disarm that much. But now, I don’t think is necessary.

Any thoughts about the above? Maybe we all could chime in on how we are going to build our sorcs.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

2. Default

For myself, i go 180 in necro for the 3rd strike. Only leaves 22 for demon. Hunting at fully encumbered hasn't been an issue, DS is so high with self-scrolls even prone without my staff i only get nicked. That may change when i move from OTF to Nelemar.

Lores: Thinking of 100 water and 50/50 earth/fire. I'm attuned to water (RP) and like to pop my own boxes, so i like me some water lore. Spiritual, 60 blessing, 142 summoning (this is a far in the future plan)

CM: Only plan on persuing this once i finish all the Ensorcell skills and lores. Aka never. With the disarm changes it greatly decreased my desire to trudge down this path.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

cdefense is a no brainer, 15% overall against any manoeuvers or so.. good stuff.

With 3 ranks in disarm, you have around 35% chances to get disarmed in nelemar as a pure. Doesn'T cost much.

Why disarm then with the recent changes.

In nelemar, unless you're a wiz that gets very low RT when disarmed or manoeuvered in general, the danger is NOT getting disarmed. The danger is getting disarmed AND rt lock AND charged and … then you (not necessarily you, in general) whine on lnet to come recover item cause you died .. bla bla bla.

I'm way too proud to let that happen.

If you can manage such scenarios, no need for disarm.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

I got tired of being hurt by cman, so I maxed CM as a priority. It helped.

I'd say 4 cunning defense, and a healthy mix of feint, disarm and subdual strike if you hunt bandits. Nelemar, SoS and bandits have feint. Nelemar and OTF have disarm. Bandits have subdual strike. Disarm is more an inconvenience than a killing move now.

Also, if you haven't done so already, I'd max your HP, or at least 2x before doing e-lores. I also recommend 100 necro / 102 demon. You hit another phase tier at 102 ranks (plus there's 740 and 712 benefits). Eventually the demon lore pays off if you start using 713 for swarms and bandits. I don't believe in rot flares since the only thing I need flares against are the undead and elementals since they are immune to my 717 or can withstand 719 which basically 1 shots everything. That 3rd ensorcell flare seems weak in comparison to having no encumbrance in the field with phase.

Also, don't neglect trading and skinning skills for extra coin generation. Survival helps in confluence and SoS as does 101 climbing.

Dodging its probably going to be last for me after HP and e-lores, but before shield use.

I've found the balanced approach to work very well for CMans.

4 cdef, 3 disarm, 3 feint, 3 subdual strike, 2 dirtkick (for warcamps, and lack of other useful place to put the leftover points)

Good for Nelemar, OTF (if one were so inclined, that place is trash), bandits, SoS (sentinels pretty much feint for 1/3 of their actions it seems). There is not a lot of useful CMs you can pick up for Scatter aside from CDef since the Vvrael use stuff you can't train in as a pure. If you were primarily a Rift or SoS hunter you could ditch the disarm and put those points elsewhere.

Yeah, and because sorcerers have shit options for slaying magic immune creatures, I avoid the scatter and rift in general.

Great thread so far
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.