Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End game elemental lore

Default End game elemental lore

What are your guys recommendations for elemental lores. I was looking at getting a ton of earth lore for the defense but now it looks like I really don’t need it. And the lore doesn’t protect against maneuvers.

I’m planning on getting 50 each. I have 12 in each now. It seems there is a nice benefit to all of them for us.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

Now that I think about it, I’m even thinking of going for 50 ranks in fire first to get the 4%ish crit attack, then 50 earth, then i’m Not sure about necro vs demon. I think demon would be more fun, with more fun teleportation and more damage added to balefire. But 170 ranks in necro means more flares, 716, more damage to 705 bolt etc.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Xred View Post
    What are your guys recommendations for elemental lores. I was looking at getting a ton of earth lore for the defense but now it looks like I really don’t need it. And the lore doesn’t protect against maneuvers.

I’m planning on getting 50 each. I have 12 in each now. It seems there is a nice benefit to all of them for us.
    Here's what I currently use and why:

20 fire = Steam Bolt

35 water = Bonus mana for the old enchant system and Major Acid that I never use and will probably spec out of because water is garbage and doesn't matter much for me for essence gathering. If 512/shatter had reasonable requirements and payoffs water lore could be badass.

60 earth = 2x 950 per minute, 2x 550 per day. One is at 50 ranks one is at 60. I forgot which is which.

87 air: This is what was leftover that I had no other use for in the other lores. I probably get the most use out of this than the other lores except for spamming Steam all day. The bad news is most of that use is in the form of disk space and faster foraging RT for bounties. The extra Haste RT is pretty nice too though.

TLDR: Lores are mostly overrated

EDIT: Nevermind, dirty smelly sorcerers :|
    Last edited by Methais; 10-31-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

102 demon / 100 necro - I think this is the best generic split

Phase is way too good to tank demon lore, unless you have rot flares, even though everything else is kind of meh associated with it. Also this split hits the threshold for phase nicely and allows you to pick up sacrifice infest for the lulz.

Elemental lores are pretty bad for sorcerers - so this is gonna be personal preference. My take:

12 ranks of each is plenty for +1 crit to 719 which is decent for semis. +2 crit won't make much of a difference since either the target has 0 mana / ran out of mana and the spell sucks anyway against them or you got unlucky and crit spots / randomization that didn't cause a crit kill. If anyone actually thinks 152 additional ranks of elemental lore are worth it for this, speak up, I could be wrong.

Earth lore isn't really needed, but it's still really good if you look at it in a vacuum. The 430 and 414 benefits are obviously what you want here. At 165 ranks, you can get an additional 11% chance to get +10 crit padding from 430 and 12% chance to block an attack from 414. At 50 ranks, you're only gonna be at 6% for 414 and 4% for 430, so you're giving up 7% for 430 and 6% for 414.

Fire lore is pretty bad, you basically just get 425, based off your attunement element for higher criticals, and 413 for TD pushdown which is useless. Maybe 413 / 717 combos, but if you do that, you might as well 711x3 anyway.

Water lore - If you're into picking locks, this is probably a decent choice, otherwise pretty useless past 12 ranks which you'd get anyway from +1 crit of 719

Air lore - Nothing useful

Here's what I see:

Water lore helps with: 418 for mana regen, and 407 for popping your own boxes (which I 100% recommend you do over using the town locksmith). Get 50 ranks, and stop.

Fire lore makes your 425 have some slot machine bonus to your offensive spells, but you'll never notice it, so you can train it if you want, but I wouldn't bother. It does help 415 significantly, assuming you can even ward anything with 415 to bother with casting the spell (which is really only good if you're fire attuned and casting on trolls).

Where fire lore helps is actually if you're bolting... which you're not gonna notice much... and you keep 513 from a scroll active. You can get like +4 stacking bolt AS (benefit halved due to being a major circle from a scroll) with 50 ranks in fire lore.

Training 50 ranks in Air lore unlocks the ability to hit a flying creature with RT from 410 and 435.

Which leaves earth lore, pump that to 52 ranks, and be done with lores.

That's my opinion... I haven't started with elemental lores, but that'll be my strategy when I do. There are some sorceres that went with a ton of earth lore because at like 145 ranks of earth lore, you have a 10% chance to gain HCP from 430.
    Last edited by Maerit; 10-31-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Maerit, this is what I was thinking. All these little benefits add up. For example, Water lore also helps with ewave.

And fire lore gives a super charge to DC. (Xred is attuned to fire) Ewave would be usefull knocking over griffens with 50 ranks.

as far as demon lore goes, I guess it helps with maneuvers? But I think I read that it’s +4 to maneuver defense, and like almost nothing. An other problem is phase with boxes. It seems that only 20ish percent of boxes I can actually phase. In otf, I just call lightning all boxes in the field that are safe, and take care f them there and then.

for me. It would be neet to get demon lore for the telport benefit and stronger 713, which I use in bandits.

I went to 42 ranks of demon lore, and I phase my scroll container which is a lockable satchel, so I can keep my scrolls that I need without having to visit a mule. I also wanted the anchor option for 740, which is handy in some areas.
    Last edited by Maerit; 10-31-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Yeah I guess I need to get my things lockable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Water lore helps with: 418 for mana regen, and 407 for popping your own boxes (which I 100% recommend you do over using the town locksmith). Get 50 ranks, and stop.
    418 mana regen is garbage. I can speak from personal experience here. 407 is useless when you can 704 / 125 your boxes for way less mana and time. I wrote ;125 for this reason which is on the repo but probably needs some small modifications to work for every location.
    Last edited by Dantx; 11-04-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantx View Post
    418 mana regen is garbage. I can speak from personal experience here. 407 is useless when you can 704 / 125 your boxes for way less mana and time. I wrote ;125 for this reason which is on the repo but probably needs some small modifications to work for every location.
    407 is great to keep full silvers for non-trapped boxes, and to prevent scrolls found in boxes from being ruined (125 a box with a scroll, and you can't infuse that scroll).

I use epop to open my boxes, and then the ones with traps that would kill me to open, I 125. In the future, when I get my characters working together in harmony, I'll check for traps on my sorcerer with phase and 416, use my wizard to pop the boxes with his superior water lore and rapid fire, then explode the remaining boxes with 125.