Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dispel Flare Token

Default Dispel Flare Token

CB 3m

a translucent glass token:

You analyze your glass token and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

This glass token entitles the bearer to purchase flares for an eligible weapon or piece of armor. The bearer is still responsible for any associated costs. Take your weapon or armor to Marello in Flares of Interest, and SHOW this token to him with your armor/weapon in your left hand to receive an estimate for the service. GIVE the token to him to accept the cost and service.

Flare Details: Dispel flares, and will dispel one (1) spell.

You get no sense of whether or not the token may be further lightened.
    Last edited by Versin; 10-29-2019 at 02:08 PM.

2. Default

1 entire elanthian coin of silver!

1M silvers

Wait, this only strips a single spell even on ARMOR? I feel like that may be incorrect as it would make it waaaay weaker than previous reactive dispell flares.
    My gut says it would be a mess for flares to be differing levels (aside from the ones built around such things) so this should give armor a 1-5 (or something) range of reactive dispell flares. I'm pretty low on silvers so while the dispell tokens always pique my interest I won't be a contender here, but confirming/denying its functionality on armor would be a deal break/maker for me so maybe someone else with silver to spend is balking at the same thing. Just my two silvers. Cause thats like all I got

I convinced my buddy to get dispell flares on his armor and after a week or so he "wasn't sure if he liked them" which was a bummer for the cost to add. He went on to explain how the flares were cool but that he felt not being able to keep buff spells was significantly more damaging than the benefits of the flare...Wait, what? lol. Turns out the GM installed them backwards* and so when he got hit in combat the dispell would flare on HIM! Oh man, still cracks me up how polite he was about mentioning it. Were it me and I had "self-dispell" added to my uber armor for 30k BS I would have been kicking dicks in on day 1.

*I don't know if the issue was with the GM who installed it, with the cert itself, or with the dispell flares specifically, but the idea of putting them on backwards is funny to me. like a spike merchant putting spikes INSIDE your armor. Awesome.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

I checked it a few days ago on a weapon and it was 1 spell that was dispelled, will try a few more times (maybe its random?) And report back here.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I checked it a few days ago on a weapon and it was 1 spell that was dispelled, will try a few more times (maybe its random?) And report back here.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    From dispel certs at DR and kroderine weapons I am pretty sure weapon dispels are limited to 1, I wanted it for my weapon originally, but when it was confirmed 1 spell it seemed a bit weak considering the amount of hits to dispel any reasonable SHOULD have that thing killed dead long before I see much difference. But the dispell flares on armor (like from kroderine armor) can remove a nice handful, assuming there are enough spells on the target to strip. My opinion (and others I have heard) is generally that dispels are a solid add to armor (if you take lots of hits especially) and a bit lackluster on a weapon when compared to other flares. If the armor flares have been reduced to one then it's a pretty tight window of worthwhile imho.

Since most flares are fairly similar in active/reactive form it's probably a copy/paste situation where dispell tokens need an additional line for reactive (which would be cool to see the true range, I feel like I pulled 7 once but not gonna swear to it)
    Last edited by Ososis; 10-29-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    From dispel certs at DR and kroderine weapons I am pretty sure weapon dispels are limited to 1, I wanted it for my weapon originally, but when it was confirmed 1 spell it seemed a bit weak considering the amount of hits to dispel any reasonable SHOULD have that thing killed dead long before I see much difference. But the dispell flares on armor (like from kroderine armor) can remove a nice handful, assuming there are enough spells on the target to strip. My opinion (and others I have heard) is generally that dispels are a solid add to armor (if you take lots of hits especially) and a bit lackluster on a weapon when compared to other flares. If the armor flares have been reduced to one then it's a pretty tight window of worthwhile imho.
    I can't deny or confirm armor flare removal amounts.

The token is pretty specific about one (1) spell- I bet that covers both weapons and armor.

That said, I'll go 3m on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    The token is pretty specific about one (1) spell- I bet that covers both weapons and armor.
    Betting on the accuracy of simu documentation takes a brave man! Maybe this is how trickle down economy works? Alright, all my 2 silvers against!

I truly hope we don't end up with a spectrum of potency within the same flare type unless there is some class with the ability to get a clear read on it.