Thread: Bonding a flaring weapon

Default Bonding a flaring weapon

Ok, so I am getting some conflicting information about bonding a flaring weapon. I was under the impression if you did it then you would not get plasma flares, only the flare on the weapon, but a couple of days ago someone told me his paladin bonded a flaring weapon and then placed greater elemental flares and he was getting 3 flares, plasma and two from the greater when it triggered and then a 4th at times from 1618. Can anyone confirm if 1625 was changed an now allows weapon and plasma flares before I break the bond on my weapon and add flares and use a greater elemental token.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Ok, so I am getting some conflicting information about bonding a flaring weapon. I was under the impression if you did it then you would not get plasma flares, only the flare on the weapon, but a couple of days ago someone told me his paladin bonded a flaring weapon and then placed greater elemental flares and he was getting 3 flares, plasma and two from the greater when it triggered and then a 4th at times from 1618. Can anyone confirm if 1625 was changed an now allows weapon and plasma flares before I break the bond on my weapon and add flares and use a greater elemental token.
    I don’t believe that person.

You are right. 1625 does not work if flare slot is taken, but does allow script flares in addition to plasma, so sprite, Black ora, parasite all work with plasma flares. GEF is a script, but it needs the regular flare which should block the plasma. What can’t they show you the weapon in action before you break a bond?

If it’s 4 flares that sounds awesome, but also sounds like a bug that will draw a big old nerf hammer.
    Last edited by JNewhall; 10-24-2019 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Wrote 1618, meant 1625

Quote Originally Posted by JNewhall View Post
    I don’t believe that person.

You are right. 1618 does not work if flare slot is taken, but does allow script flares in addition to plasma, so sprite, Black ora, parasite all work with plasma flares. GEF is a script, but it needs the regular flare which should block the plasma. What can’t they show you the weapon in action before you break a bond?

If it’s 4 flares that sounds awesome, but also sounds like a bug that will draw a big old nerf hammer.
    This is incorrect. 1618 flares on top of everything: as per wiki,

...This flare can occur even if there are other flare effects on the weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    This is incorrect. 1618 flares on top of everything: as per wiki,
    You are technically correct (the best kind of correct) but it would have been more helpful to point out that I wrote 1618 in a discussion about bonding, which is 1625.

I will edit my post to 1625 but answer here so it is clear you were the best kind of correct.

Well it is not worth it to me to risk it and hope the GM's do not catch it. I would break the bond if it were a sure thing, but going to use the token on another alt, thanks everyone for the input.

6. Default

Your friend may have pur GE flares fire on an already plasma flaring weapon. If he had bonded to it, he wouldn't be getting the 1604 plasma flares on top, hed just be getting the weapons innate plasma, and he wouldn't know the difference. Then the GE flare script on top of the weapon's base plasma would allow for 3x plasma flares (2× from GE, 1x from base) and 1618 (seperate) and zeal (seperate) and ensnorkling (seperate) if it had it for up to 6 flares in one strike.

Its so rare however that its not something to nerf. My paladin currently blasts in a similar fashion.