Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 202-0 Ranks Spell Aim

Default 202-0 Ranks Spell Aim

Thinking about fixskilling out of Spell Aiming into more spell ranks. How is this going to affect my DS? Will probably get about 15-20 spells vs the full 202 ranks of SA I'm losing.

per wiki:
    https://gswiki.play.net/Runestaff#Runestaff_Defenseč

Assuming you are below 11 magical skills.

You'll lose 20% more DS with full 2X Spell aim

You'll gain 2% DS with your gain of 20 spells (20 spell out of 100 = 1 rank so 20% of 10% or 2%)

So expect a drop of around 18% (not calculating stance)

Assuming you are higher than 11 magical skills

You'll lose 10% more DS with full 2X spell aim

You're gain 1% since your gain of 20 spells (20 spell out of 100 = 1 rank so 20% of 5% or 1%)

So expect a drop of around 9% (not calculating stance)
    Last edited by Murrandii; 10-21-2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Read backward the need, lol
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

So I just need to work this backwards since I'm unwinding the 202 ranks?

I edited it bro, yeah
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Not enough to notice. Drop spell aim, and never look back until you decide it's worth the bother (like if you start doing group hunting and want reliable ball spells). You will also get some benefit to DS from more ranks in MnE and MnS assuming you haven't already maxed out the relative bonuses in those spell circles.

Also, if you want to boost your DS more to mitigate the loss, just get a couple scrolls (202, 303, 507 or 905 - which are pretty common), and use scroll infusion.

I am 13mil post-cap and still 0 spell aiming. It can be handy in niche scenarios, but closing the gap on 3x spells is more handy IMO.

You don’t need spell aim at all, though the extra DS is nice. Spell aim is helpful in two areas; bandits and imploding champs. Either you don’t really need. However, it’s really fun to to mix and match with an occasional bolt. Just highlight critters falling, keep curse of the star going.

Don’t forget 2x HP and throw in 12 ranks in a few elemental lores to make your DC brutal.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

You don't need spell aim at all. It is fun, but not really worth it. Drop all the ranks and don't look back until much later.

When you have access to powerful warding spells, spell aim really is just a fun diversion rather than actually mechanically beneficial. Ball splash spells are very handy for group bandit hunting (and troll warcamps!), but if you want something dead, you're better off casting a warding spell or 720. I'm just now finishing up spell aim at a little past 19m on my empath - it's a lot of fun and I'm enjoying it as a change of pace, but a bolt will never be my go-to when something needs dead.

Exactly. If you want to bolt cause reasons, go wiz.

Otherwise, it'S purely post cap matters.

Also, sorcerers might have the worst bolt AS of all the pures. Having to manage star curse is deterrent enough...