Thread: Fash'lo'nae Gift Book

1. Default Fash'lo'nae Gift Book

Taking offers on the book: GM told me she'd unlock it to T2 before the end of the fest....not sure why it's just not T2, but that's what she said at the raffle.

A tier 1 Forbidden Book with a Punishing Presence. This presence type will punish failure by consuming a charge, making its power a bit unreliable. When this book is successfully activated, it grants Fash'lo'nae's Gift. It stores 1 charge and has a 48 hour cooldown period. Please note, to activate, you must be at least 50 trainings and trained adequetely in magic item use or arcane symbols.

I have an offer of $125 from Darconas.

If it is unlocked to T2 I will offer $250

what does t2do

Quote Originally Posted by beldar17 View Post
    what does t2do
    I have the same question about what the unlock to T2 does.

Also, I read this as a 1x/every other day 1750 item with some sort of failure rate from the punishing presence. Do you have any sense on what that failure rate is? 3% versus 25% is a big difference, especially because it seems the failure makes it unusable for another 48 hours.
    Last edited by malmuddy; 10-22-2019 at 01:03 PM. Reason: bad math

I think the failure rate is based on your skills. 1750 is difficult to activate, so this is best for someone with high MIU/AS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I think the failure rate is based on your skills. 1750 is difficult to activate, so this is best for someone with high MIU/AS.
    That makes sense. Most of my time in-game is spent on capped characters, and anyone that I use 1750 on has the appropriate stats/skills to guarantee activation.

So we are dealing with a 1x/every other day 1750 item for anyone that can guarantee activation. Still curious on what the t2 unlock changes, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by malmuddy View Post
    Still curious on what the t2 unlock changes, if anything.
    (Tier unlock 2 adds the verbs PRAISE PUZZLE DISDAIN and confers a small bonus to READ activation success and margin.)

https://gswiki.play.net/Fash%27lo%27...ok/saved_posts

Thanks. I'm dumb for not checking out the wiki. I completely missed announcements about these, and I thought it was too soon for any info to be on the wiki.

Interesting item with potential good RP and mechanical benefits. Good luck with the sale.

So just to be clear since this is a new item:

This is the punishing presence book which drains charges on failure to activate, is 1x only every 2 days correct? and T2 unlock is mostly a fluff unlock with a small bonus to activation. Did they say if there's any way to upgrade the punishing presence to the tolerant presence?