Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: duck and weave and stats

Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    what about spiked armor? matter much for rogue? also do spikes prevent adding banshee flares? or script flares?
    I'm pretty sure they don't prevent adding flares.

Spikes are super duper crazy underwhelming, to be honest, and in my personal case, is actually a bad thing 90% of the time for me. The only thing it really works with is sweep (this is also the case with partial armors. Spikes on MBP will work with sweep.), but who even uses sweep? The only time it ever came into play for me, was when I was sweeping a character, in which case it was a very BAD thing.

Unless you are using sweep in duels or something, or are for some reason using it against critters (why?), I don't see much point to it. I'd have removed it from my MBP set if I could have!

(Btw, I personally wear MBP, even well post cap. Thankfully a non-spiked set, hehe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they don't prevent adding flares.

Spikes are super duper crazy underwhelming, to be honest, and in my personal case, is actually a bad thing 90% of the time for me. The only thing it really works with is sweep (this is also the case with partial armors. Spikes on MBP will work with sweep.), but who even uses sweep? The only time it ever came into play for me, was when I was sweeping a character, in which case it was a very BAD thing.

Unless you are using sweep in duels or something, or are for some reason using it against critters (why?), I don't see much point to it. I'd have removed it from my MBP set if I could have!

(Btw, I personally wear MBP, even well post cap. Thankfully a non-spiked set, hehe.)
    well guess i need to get some mbp i had ddp mbp but i was gonna just stay brig until full plate
    standing between the living and the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    well guess i need to get some mbp i had ddp mbp but i was gonna just stay brig until full plate
    Damage padding is popular on plate, but I'm still a fan of crit padding. Crit padding will save you from deadly maneuver attacks - damage padding I might as well just use acantha leaf or symbol of restoration for essentially the same effect.

Damage padding is popular on plate, but I'm still a fan of crit padding. Crit padding will save you from deadly maneuver attacks - damage padding I might as well just use acantha leaf or symbol of restoration for essentially the same effect.
    ya if mbp is same as chain coverage on head thats what i imagine dying from more than other crits anyways might just stick with hauberk since i already have a set if i cant find mbp

5. Default

It's 2019! Get both!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    It's 2019! Get both!
    I'd rather have more crit padding, even if it meant way less :P

Ended getting 5x swcp mbp figure I’ll be using it a few years screw it I’ll just pad it myself

Blog Entries

My plans are to HCP one, then HCP the other, then start working up one as high as possible.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I guess it comes down to how much you are willing to spend for what kind of benefit.

If you are going from full health to zero in plate, with no chance to escape it -using vanish, or moving to another room, or using symbol of restoration (which works when under all types of immobilization minus sleep.), then maybe it has some value to you. I guess certain critters do have the ability to stunlock you for some time.

Personally, I just find damage padding to be a waste of money. Especially with good redux.

Even crit padding would hardly be useful to me (in plate with good redux) if not for it often being the only way to decrease the damage/crits of certain spells and maneuvers.

But something to keep in mind, with crit padding, is that it essentially does nothing for you unless the attack would have given you a rank 2 or greater wound. It will do absolutely nothing if you are getting whapped by those pesky rank 1 crits.