Thread: Undead Creator Ring

Default Undead Creator Ring

Ok, going to auction off this ring from EG Arena:

a smooth bone ring pierced by tiny crystal shards

Loresong:
    Powerful magic pulses from the smooth bone ring. When worn, it has a chance to summon an undead creature from a recently slain creature. It has 0 charges. It is not currently attuned to anyone.

Eclipsing your mind's eye with shadows and the faint flicker of burning candles, the history of a smooth bone ring pierced by tiny crystal shards comes to you slowly. Vague outlines in the murk solidify into drawn chalk designs upon a smooth stone floor, the arcane twists and curves illuminated by thirteen fitfully burning votives. Steady and rhythmic, the repeated words of a chant punctuate the air, though their meaning and the source is unclear. Gradually, a sanguine ribbon of light rises out of the haze of candlelight and takes its time expanding. It grows in size and shape to form a hazy portal and, at the moment of its completion, a demonic being steps forth from its depths. Screeching into the cold stone of the summoning chamber, the grotesque monstrosity begins to move, but the vision grows fuzzy and fades away.

I have also permanently unlocked the loresong so the owner will always be able to keep track of their charges.

TLDR: Wearing this ring while in the arena will charge it. You can also charge it by spending seashells instead of completing the arena. When charged, it will randomly convert a slain living foe into an undead foe that can be released. It will attune to the wearer.

Wyrom has mentioned that a limited amount will be available in the Junker for 100,000 seashells.

That being said, I will set the MB for this ring to lower than the conversion rate....

SOLD

I've come to an agreement with an interested buyer at a generous offer, so this is no longer available.
    Last edited by Maerit; 10-13-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Is there any way to get charges on it outside of EG? Like, if you only hunt undead, or whatnot? Or is it basically a EG arena item?
    Look for Kisun in game if you have any questions.

From what I have read, this can only be charged at the arena in EG. It doesn't require you to actually participate in the arena, but will cost EG currency (currently seashells) to charge either way. There's no known way to charge it otherwise. You can put hundreds of charges on the ring though (no cap - could charge it up so much it lasts for years if you wanted), and then use it for a long time. This should be able to be recharged at every EG each year.

Neat item concept but I’m struggling to understand what situation would warrant using it. Is there a discussion thread anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMortimur View Post
    Neat item concept but I’m struggling to understand what situation would warrant using it. Is there a discussion thread anywhere?
    If you’re doing bounties, the critter killed will count again if killed after the ring raises it. Also, counts toward favors for Voln obviously.

But just as an precaution to the buyer: Do get a read on seashell costs for the charging. If it’s something north of 50 seashells, that definitely isn’t worth it in my opinion. 10~15, perhaps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrMortimur View Post
    Seems like a neat RP tool, you can literally create undead.

Aside from that, the only mechanical application I've heard is for cull creature bounty tasks, you kill one then make it undead and kill it again and it counts for a 2nd one.

>>Will these newly created undead count for adventure guild killing tasks if you get a task to kill some kobolds, kill a kobold, make an undead kobold, and then kill it again?

Yes.

Wyrom
    A post on the officials from Wyrom.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Seems like a neat RP tool, you can literally create undead.

Aside from that, the only mechanical application I've heard is for cull creature bounty tasks, you kill one then make it undead and kill it again and it counts for a 2nd one.

A post on the officials from Wyrom.
    I'm sure you'll find a way to exploit. Waiting for the deetz but keep it under wraps so you don't get a warning - amirites?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I'm sure you'll find a way to exploit. Waiting for the deetz but keep it under wraps so you don't get a warning - amirites?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

This is still up for sale for Less MB than what you will be able to get it for from the Junker (in limited supply) based on the silvers to seashells conversion rate. Who knows whether this has more applications, or if there will be further unlocks (i.e. pendants from DR) in the future. For now, it's a fairly rare item with a lot of mystery to uncover.

At this point, all we have is conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Are they enchanted 10x coraesine ballz???