Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End Game Sorcerer Gear

Default End Game Sorcerer Gear

Ok guys what kind of gear would you recommend for endgame. I think my current armor and runestaffs are fine but I wouldnt mine an improvement as I start amassing silvers from weekly ensorcels.
    I'd be looking to hunt in otf and SoS.

I currently have:
    6x6x illitrhorn that I put a T4 on
    T2 parasite staff, T3 ensorcel with disintegration flares (cost me 30k BS)
    10x VHCP armor with T1 ensorcel (196 services)

Any advice for endgame equipment?

You guys maybe recommend selling bolth runestaffs and try to get a an uber one? I'm not sure what is better. I read that the d125 is really hard to enchant.

Any other items your recommend?
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

True endgamers do it 4x.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Why did you add flares to that parasite befor t5ing it?
    standing between the living and the dead

Also if you gonna be fancy sorc get a rot flaring nerve or acuity parasite rot
    Last edited by Derex; 10-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    standing between the living and the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    Also if you gonna be fancy sorc get a rot flaring nerve or acuity parasite rot
    I feel that a 6x/6x nervestaff with a T5 ensorcell (especially self-ensorcelled) has the best cost-benefit ratio in the game, assuming you got one when they were available at DR for 20K BS. That should be more than enough firepower than you will ever need.

If you are really looking to make all that oppose you more dead, Derex beat me to it on the rot flares. If you have the means and the proper training (I think the magic number is 171 ranks in necromancy), adding rot flares on your current nervestaff would be a good way to go. You could also take the acuity flares up to 10x, but that is just gravy in my opinion.

Other options on a high end staff could be a T5 sigil staff with ensorcell, acuity and rot flares. Or one of the d125 staves. I don't know a lot about those, but the same ensorcell, acuity and rot flare combo would be awesome, assuming they would all go on this (and I think they would). My own opinion is that enchant on a runestaff shouldn't matter at end game, as DS is almost never the reason you die at that point. And your 10x armor would help mitigate a d125 staff, which I believe is only +15 OTS.

Happy stick hunting!

And rottflares those are 400k BS?

So I orignaly thought that DS shouldnt matter but sometimes, being forced into offensive and knocked over DS can be meaningful - I didnt realize that runestaffs give + to DS regardless of stance - otherize I would have purchased a higher enchant runestaff. That and disarm was still a thing, I didnt see a point in having a high enchant runestaff.

However, It apears the most powerful staffs are t5 the sigil, the d125. But I think I read that both are almost impossible to enchant. Further the T5 sigil doesnt appear to become the most powerful until t5, and is extreamly expensive. So maybe d125 with an accuity cert, + elemental cert is the and one day get rotflares is the way to go.

Thanks for the input. For little sorerers out there, I want to point out, I got 5m exp in otf with an ebladed runestaf. None of these uber staffs are required. I just figured if I'm going to keep hunting, why not improve my gear.

Are there any other sorc toys? I keep an animate loaded with a 4x lance. and a demon for flares while I bolt bandits.

I also plan to get back into scroll charging, but mostly for friends. Are there any sorcerer toys that would make life easier? I also own a wyrom wood rattle that cloaks demons.
    Last edited by Xred; 10-10-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Join the Gemstone Player’s Union. Promoting a sustainable gemstone and player’s rights.

I capped in 5x doubles with a 5x runestaff and a 7x towershield.

By 2x cap I had upgraded to 10x t5 hcp fulls (which I have subsequently added and improved ithzir flares on) and a nervestave.

Best nerve staves as previously posted are 10x/10x acuity t5 ensorcelled with rot flares. You may also like fusion if you have proper orbs or greater elemental flaring.

The new sigil staves cost several hundred million silver for the fully unlocked versions and aren't likely better than a rot-stave for a sorcerer but some may not agree.
    Last edited by rolfard; 10-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.

d125 runestaff with 10x acuity and a T5 ensorcell would probably be the strongest. I'm a huge supporter of CS over flares for raw sorcerer killing power. Either to make sure you kill stuff with 1 cast of 717, or make sure your warding margin is large enough that your 705 wrecks things in 2 casts.

Get you some +40 AUR/WIS enhancives that you can keep running at all times.

T4 Voln armor is probably best for Sorcerers since it allows for an escape that we don't otherwise have. Get that padded to the max, add resistance to puncture, slash (I like acid too for SoS)... and stuff.

Ok so if I dont want to spend an ungodly amount on a T5 Sigil, you guys recommend simply upgrading my 6x 6x nerve. Would I get the final enchant to 7x then finish the T5. Then basically start saving the 400BS for rotflares? Along the way get the +5 enchant and and acuity cents?

So say 10m silvers for enchant up to 7x. Maybe I can self do the T5. Rottflares are 400k and 75k BS to get to 10x enchant and 100k BS to get fro. 6x acuity to 10x. So about 575BS to get an endgame staff

Sigil and d125 we can tack on 30k for 1x-6x acuity for both as they start with 0 acuity. Maybe can get a mage to take them up to 5x so easy +25k extra for enchanting. 200k for d125 and what 500k for full unlock Sigil?

So endgame illithorn nervestaff 575kBS, endgame d125, 830kBS, and endgame T5 Sigil, 1,130k BS.

10. Default

I guess I'm confused why you're worried about needing uber gear when you're at cap and above. What could possibly be hitting you that didn't need some BS maneuver to get to that point? I think I may die once every couple months, and it's usually from something just garbage like a bandit paralyzing me, and then getting swept. If that happens, oh well.

Are you running into issues with just your daily hunting?