Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly returning

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    Fortybox - thanks for noticing my teeth and eyebrows, that's the second time you've commented on them. I appreciate the advice. Also, it wasn't my intention to paint anyone in any light specifically - merely pointing out some observations.
    Any observer would see that Dreaven's services primarily service a base through free methods but I'm pretty sure your "observations" were obstructed by your eyebrows and massive glare from your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    OH NO HE'S THINKING ABOUT CHARGING 20K SILVERS FOR A SPELLUP WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THE GOING RATE FOR JUST WIZARD SPELLUPS FOR YEARS NOW OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Dreaven will still spell anyone up for free regardless, and he does more for the community than most people, including Simu dev, have in GS history, which is a lot more than just spellups.
    FTFY

3. Default

It's quite possible. I told the dentist I wanted my teeth to blind the haters.
    ~ Lord Eleftheros

Also just to clarify I don't spell people up "at anytime." Extra Dreavenings are just fee based Dreavenings inbetween the regular free Dreavenings.

There is a perk on my Patreon to be spelled up at anytime (well as I specify on my Patreon page: "anytime" being anytime I happen to be at my computer) but that's like 5 anytime Dreavenings per month.

5. Default

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for any confusion.
    ~ Lord Eleftheros

It's quite possible. I told the dentist I wanted my teeth to blind the haters.
    You need a new dentist...and a Gilette eyebrow trimmer.

7. Default

Among other things it has been my contention that the game is no longer worth having any significant money invested into it at any given time - I apologize if I didn't make this clear.
    Explain further.

Do you see an imminent collapse in Gemstone items or silvers? Or do you mean more on entertainment value in general? or other?

8. Default

Forty - Thank you, I will be sure to take your opinions under advisement.

Fierna - Hit me in PM or Discord if you want to talk more about it.
    ~ Lord Eleftheros

9. Default

IIRC I was on the fame list before you even showed up. Was near the bottom, but still on it.

Close enough.

I once used a Game Genie to beat Battletoads. It was cool that I beat Battletoads, but I still used a Game Genie.

Most people didn't fame hunt wasps. They'd go fry in like 10 seconds and then go to town to rest because fame is useless as fuck.

I'm currently at the top (I'd be at 14 billion by now if they didn't nerf fame and critter fame values down to 10% years ago) and it's pretty worthless. It was cool when I hit 1b just because, but that's mostly due to running out of shit to do and needed a new goal.

Buff fame plz thx
    I'm pretty sure the designers of that game (Battle Toads) were thinking: "Let's design a game that is fun, hilarious, and all-around awesome, but make it completely impossible to beat without cheating!"

Even with game genie there was at least one level I never completed! And you'd have to be some kind of freak to get through it on 3 lives and no cheats!

~Taverkin

10. Default

I once used a Game Genie to beat Battletoads. It was cool that I beat Battletoads, but I still used a Game Genie.

Most people didn't fame hunt wasps. They'd go fry in like 10 seconds and then go to town to rest because fame is useless as fuck.

I'm currently at the top (I'd be at 14 billion by now if they didn't nerf fame and critter fame values down to 10% years ago) and it's pretty worthless. It was cool when I hit 1b just because, but that's mostly due to running out of shit to do and needed a new goal.

Buff fame plz thx
    Winning is winning. I saw an opportunity (without paying for it) and took advantage of it. The fame list is a high score list and provides no mechanical value - you are correct.

Hard to compare GSIII to GSIV fame - even though I used a haste wizard I did it all 100% manually with macros only, plus, since I didn't pay for the wizard - I had to hunt him for someone else in a completely different area (also manually).

Either way, most every person who has ever been at the top of the fame list in either GSIII or GSIV has done something to get there that wasn't necessarily thought of or intended by game designers. Examples of this would be - dying and decaying in the rift to stay stuck at a certain level, having a super high level hunting partner to send them unlimited mana, and finally - hunting or underhunting the same thing over and over again (on a script) while continuing to get more skills for their character - while staying at the same level - yet still getting the same amount of exp and fame per creature (arguably the easiest way in GS history to get fame).

Congrats for being at the top currently.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 10-10-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    ~ Lord Eleftheros