Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibly returning

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    Wait, you serious? Did he use “volunteers” to build an entire game engine from scratch? Holy shit? Dude can sell god sand if they were both in the desert.
    No. Everyone that worked on HJ was a paid coder.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I don’t know, I think Wyrom has a sweet gig. I think he makes around 50k a year with incentive bonuses based on profits.
    50K a year is not a sweet gig. Making a couple grand an even is not a sweet gig either.

3. Default

The only way this ride ends is if StillFront decides to end it for some reason.
    That was more or less what I've been trying to say. Even though the game is profitable, has potential to be more profitable, longstanding player base - whatever - the fact that it's now part of a larger corporation that is publicly traded and Simutronics itself has no real control or final say so over its future means that it can be "restructured" on a whim for whatever reason. If Stillfront thinks that there is a way to monetize off of any assets - including staff - currently being used on GSIV (or Simutronics) in any way beyond what is currently being done (or sees any potential liability) - then it'll be gone with no warning. Also, the fact that David Whatley allowed the majority share of the company to be absorbed - and then sold even more of it a year later - appears from the outside as if at best there is very poor communication and management going on - or at worst - Simutronics as a whole is struggling to remain solvent. From experience in corporate America anything is possible - and people very rarely sell profitable small businesses - or even explore the option to do so unless they are in some kind of financial bind.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 10-11-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    That was more or less what I've been trying to say. Even though the game is profitable, has potential to be more profitable, longstanding player base - whatever - the fact that it's now part of a larger corporation that is publicly traded and Simutronics itself has no real control or final say so over its future means that it can be "restructured" on a whim for whatever reason. If Stillfront thinks that there is a way to monetize off of any assets - including staff - currently being used on GSIV in any way beyond what is currently being done - then it'll be gone with no warning. Also, the fact that David Whatley allowed the majority share of the company to be absorbed - and then sold even more of it a year later - appears from the outside as if at best there is very poor communication and management going on - or at worst - Simutronics as a whole is struggling to remain solvent. From experience in corporate America anything is possible - and people very rarely sell profitable small businesses - or even explore the option to do so unless they are in some kind of financial bind.
    Do you even read what you post? I mean don't get me wrong, it's entertaining but good grief...

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    Yes. I am glad I can entertain you - I thought that was the point of all this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Exactly

You work from home AND profit from gemstone? win-win
    At least you are admitting to AFK scripting finally. There's no way you can effectively be a "business analyst" and pay attention to the game.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    At least you are admitting to AFK scripting finally. There's no way you can effectively be a "business analyst" and pay attention to the game.
    You poor bored person, I pity you. Methais, Dalabrac is saying you are AFK scripting too, I'm so reporting you
    Last edited by Murrandii; 10-12-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

You poor bored person, I pity you. Methais, Dalabrac is saying you are AFK scripting too, I'm so reporting you
    Nice deflection. Only a matter of time before you're caught and banned.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Nice deflection. Only a matter of time before you're caught and banned.
    You heard the man, Methais. We're watching you
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

You heard the man, Methais. We're watching you
    It would just be easier if you admit to it. There is no way you can effectively be a "business analyst" and run multiple accounts in GS. You're either screwing over your employer or you are screwing over the rules from Simu.