Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly returning

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    I pretty much enjoy the game more the less I have interaction with people like you on lnet in fact.

What I want or not is irrelevant here. Your opinion doesn't matter too.

People like Methais, Zaoloo, Nuad, Ryjex, Goat, Yfirup and me are playing this game with its rules to advantage our own agenda. Remove the secondary market and you pretty much make this game an empty shell like dragonrealms. Whether I agree with any of these individuals or not, the way they do their merchanting, their control or not of the market has NOTHING to do with it.

We are keeping this game alive.

Saying otherwise is being a simu fanboy.
    You're wrong as usual (not surprised). You are not special and most certainly not keeping this game alive.

The reality is you are monetizing off of the game with really low returns. You could work at McDonald's with a better paycheck than what you're making playing this game all day long while supposedly being a remote-based "business analyst" .

Simu should ramp up efforts to centralize the transactions. It would be entertaining watching you freak out (like you did when Goat cornered the market) because you're so invested in protecting crumbs relative to what you could do if you got up out of your chair and had a real job.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    You're wrong as usual (not surprised). You are not special and most certainly not keeping this game alive.

The reality is you are monetizing off of the game with really low returns. You could work at McDonald's with a better paycheck than what you're making playing this game all day long while supposedly being a remote-based "business analyst" .

Simu should ramp up efforts to centralize the transactions. It would be entertaining watching you freak out (like you did when Goat cornered the market) because you're so invested in protecting crumbs relative to what you could do if you got up out of your chair and had a real job.
    We heard you, fake chief of departement (LOL), father of 5 kids (LOLOLOL) with 1 or 2 master degree (LOLILOLILOLILOLI). How about you having a wife (LOLLOLOLOL)?

The reality that pisses you off is you KNOW I do the same as your idol Methais (that you mimic everytime you can), yet you only troll those controversial (like nuad and me) because you can have support from other losers like you, you poor piss vinegar frustrated little boy. You always like to crap on others instead of trying to increase value in this game, for the community, for others. I started the bro fad and it was fun, yet, you joined only to crap on it whenever you can. You're so negative man YET I tried to be friendly with you. You crapped on me, I acted as if it was "friendly" and you kept on continuing. I even created a little voln guide to path to give you credit, I named you my second in command and so on in the bro fad moments. You just keep on crapping. I started to ignore you to avoid further escalation and BANG, you are starting AGAIN the macguyver stupidity. And you claim to be a chief of departement, father of 5 kids, LOL.

Whatever.

We (dedicated merchants) are keeping this game alive because

1) Secondary market creates secondary offers and demands
    2) Secondary market make the pill (high $$$ to play this game) easier to swallow since you can "even" it out. Unregular merchants like Peam does it as well for sporadic reasons I just gave
    3) Secondary market is, in my opinion, aligned with ;lich with a player-BASED "control" on the game that FORCES Simu to be careful with their dev. I throw Dreaven in that point as well. That point is critical in my analysis:
    i. As long as players keep some control in this game, they'll be able to operate outside of the Simustore market
    ii. As long as players care, game will flourish from INSIDE. People care = people finds more ways to increase value = benefits for the game and simu
    iii. As long as players do so, they'll create alts, creating needs for more gear = secondary market ++++
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    LOL - heh. Well, I'll take it, but the powers that be at the time nerfing wasp nests *AND* haste seemed a little bit overblown - since nothing I was doing was against any rule (Unlike LA), and wasn't hurting anyone. Making it to the top of a high score list with no value or reward other than bragging rights hardly hindered anyone's ability to play the game.
    Simu doesn't like when people have fun. See the Elemental Lore Review from 2015.

Surely the hot chicks swarming you everywhere you go begging for your seed is a reward in itself.
    Well yeah, but I meant something in game. Like text sluts swarming me every time I walk into Helga's or something.

What I was referring to is the level cap in GSIV. At level 100, your character still gains the same amount of exp. and fame (provided you are hunting the same things), while continuing to gain skills to make hunting easier.
    End game issues plague every MMO. The difference with GS is Simu does literally nothing meaningful about it, unless you consider P2W snail's pace gear progression as end game that will usually require years and thousands of dollars to max out one item. People have been screaming for a post-cap reward system for years, but Simu is too busy working on new ways to rip off the mental illness crowd in the P2W market.

To duplicate a similar effect in GSIII you'd have to literally die and decay to stay the same level (however you'd lose out on exp. and hunting would never get easier). Now you get fame, exp., and more skills to boot - for continuing to hunt the same mobs over and over again ad nauseam.
    You're not actually gaining exp though. When you decay in GS3 you lose 10k exp, so you're really just earning that back. You're still not getting more skills either, because you keep losing exp and having to play catch up, and you only gain TPs in GS3 when you gain a level. You can still gain fame, sure, but you'll gain more fame by killing higher level stuff since fame values are based on the critter's level.

I'm pretty sure you could also just not check in at the inn when you're ready to level up instead of decaying and you'll stop gaining exp until you do check in, but the end result would still be the same.

The result is there's been a huge amount of fame (and exp.) gained during GSIV because capped characters are able to kill with greater speed and efficiency - but still gain the same amount of exp. / fame as when they first hit cap (from the same mobs).
    There's been a huge amount of fame (and exp.) gained during GSIV because the game is 30 years old, and the GSIV conversion is now 16 years old. The game has been GS4 for longer than it was GS3 at this point.

This type of things tends to happen when a game originally designed for level 20 on a pay-per-hour setup is still around 3 decades later.

Think of a wizard with 8 mil exp. vs. Methais 40mil+. Although both should be able to hunt with great success at level 100, the extra exp. your wizard has will allow him to learn skills that make his ability to kill faster, hunt longer, etc. - greater. So, you should be able to gain fame, exp. and treasure faster and faster as you go along. Bottom line is, once you hit cap, the game just gets easier.
    Past probably 12-15m exp or whatever it costs to max out your core skills (spells, EMC, AP, lores, etc.) most of the rest is useless stuff that will never get used unless you're just out fucking around, with some exceptions like MoC and Dodging, which at great to have, but not by any means necessary to be effective as a wizard.

Code:
              Level: 328                         Deeds: 12             
         Experience: 46481869            Death's Sting: None
    Exp. to next TP: 631                 Recent Deaths: 2              
       Physical TPs: 2852                         Mana: 149/503 max
         Mental TPs: 0                            Fame: 1471873504     
        Exp to next: 20631

Methais (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Armor Use..........................|      70      15
      Combat Maneuvers...................|     201     101
      Ranged Weapons.....................|     201     101
      Thrown Weapons.....................|     217     117
      Polearm Weapons....................|     201     101
      Brawling...........................|     201     101
      Multi Opponent Combat..............|     201     101
      Physical Fitness...................|     201     101
      Dodging............................|     201     101
      Arcane Symbols.....................|     302     202
      Magic Item Use.....................|     302     202
      Spell Aiming.......................|     302     202
      Harness Power......................|     403     303
      Elemental Mana Control.............|     302     202
      Spirit Mana Control................|      70      15
      Elemental Lore - Air...............|     187      87
      Elemental Lore - Earth.............|     160      60
      Elemental Lore - Fire..............|      90      20
      Elemental Lore - Water.............|     130      35
      Survival...........................|     201     101
      Disarming Traps....................|     201     101
      Picking Locks......................|     302     202
      Stalking and Hiding................|     201     101
      Perception.........................|     302     202
      Climbing...........................|     201     101
      Swimming...........................|     201     101
      First Aid..........................|     302     202
      Trading............................|     302     202
      Pickpocketing......................|     201     101

Spell Lists
      Major Elemental....................|             127

Spell Lists
      Minor Elemental....................|              75

Spell Lists
      Wizard.............................|             101

^ Looks cool at first, but in reality most of those skills will never get used for anything more than for just fucking around, if at all.

Back to point #3 where Simu does what they do best - and nerfs fame - rather than giving a reward for folks who have stuck it out and had the fortitude to continue to play and support the game.
    I don't remember the specifics, but fame got nerfed due to some sort of technical reason. I remember Tarakan had super high fame and literally broke the fame list at around 3.5b IIRC (350m fame post nerf), and then the nerf wasn't very long after. The level cap was a technical issue too, because apparently if/when someone hit level 300 in GS3, the game would implode over some divide by 0 issue that I don't remember much else about.

TLDR: Simu needs to implement meaningful post-cap goals already.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

The biggest problem is all the inflation from the silver sellers.

And he's not wrong - I had a small stint trying to sell silvers. I was making about 2 mil every 8 hours, and when I stopped and thought about how that's only 80 cents an hour, I realized how silly it was. I can see selling chunks of silvers if you just have it and don't need it. But farming it for cash seems like a waste of my time.

I don't know how much most people can make farming silvers, but I'd be very surprised if it was more than I was!

But I don't exactly see an easy fix for the problem. If Simu just straight up monetized silvers, would that solve anything? Or just put more money in Stillfront's pockets? At least the farmers mean a few more players being around, lol. I think some people can't even pay their subs without selling junk every month (Though honestly, these people would be better off not playing GS, and focusing on improving their life.).

We heard you, fake chief of departement (LOL), father of 5 kids (LOLOLOL) with 1 or 2 master degree (LOLILOLILOLILOLI). How about you having a wife (LOLLOLOLOL)?

The reality that pisses you off is you KNOW I do the same as your idol Methais (that you mimic everytime you can), yet you only troll those controversial (like nuad and me) because you can have support from other losers like you, you poor piss vinegar frustrated little boy. You always like to crap on others instead of trying to increase value in this game, for the community, for others. I started the bro fad and it was fun, yet, you joined only to crap on it whenever you can. You're so negative man YET I tried to be friendly with you. You crapped on me, I acted as if it was "friendly" and you kept on continuing. I even created a little voln guide to path to give you credit, I named you my second in command and so on in the bro fad moments. You just keep on crapping. I started to ignore you to avoid further escalation and BANG, you are starting AGAIN the macguyver stupidity. And you claim to be a chief of departement, father of 5 kids, LOL.

Whatever.

We (dedicated merchants) are keeping this game alive because

1) Secondary market creates secondary offers and demands
    2) Secondary market make the pill (high $$$ to play this game) easier to swallow since you can "even" it out. Unregular merchants like Peam does it as well for sporadic reasons I just gave
    3) Secondary market is, in my opinion, aligned with ;lich with a player-BASED "control" on the game that FORCES Simu to be careful with their dev. I throw Dreaven in that point as well. That point is critical in my analysis:
    i. As long as players keep some control in this game, they'll be able to operate outside of the Simustore market
    ii. As long as players care, game will flourish from INSIDE. People care = people finds more ways to increase value = benefits for the game and simu
    iii. As long as players do so, they'll create alts, creating needs for more gear = secondary market ++++
    Wow - someone's triggered.

Sorry this may hurt your fee fees but you're not really affecting anything and in fact most likely are negatively affecting things (lots of people do not like you).

6. Default

I can't imagine why anyone would make up 5 kids as some kind of flex

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    The biggest problem is all the inflation from the silver sellers.

And he's not wrong - I had a small stint trying to sell silvers. I was making about 2 mil every 8 hours, and when I stopped and thought about how that's only 80 cents an hour, I realized how silly it was. I can see selling chunks of silvers if you just have it and don't need it. But farming it for cash seems like a waste of my time.

I don't know how much most people can make farming silvers, but I'd be very surprised if it was more than I was!

But I don't exactly see an easy fix for the problem. If Simu just straight up monetized silvers, would that solve anything? Or just put more money in Stillfront's pockets? At least the farmers mean a few more players being around, lol. I think some people can't even pay their subs without selling junk every month (Though honestly, these people would be better off not playing GS, and focusing on improving their life.).
    Only real reason it works for me is because I'm able to play GS all day at work where I'm already making money. Anyone looking to do it as a "career" or as their primary source of income is gonna have a bad time.

On an unrelated note, anyone who is expecting to be retiring at 37 should have zero interest in any of this in the first place, as it would pretty much be a fart in the wind. Like Andy Dufresne when he escaped Shawshank.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-11-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

8. Default

Exactly

You work from home AND profit from gemstone? win-win
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Only real reason it works for me is because I'm able to play GS all day at work
    Shouldn't you be supervising your kids rope climbing or something?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Exactly

You work from home AND profit from gemstone? win-win
    Almost. I remote into my PC at home from my desk at work and do all my pwning that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Shouldn't you be supervising your kids rope climbing or something?