Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly returning

Default Possibly returning

I left the lands a number of years ago. I started playing the game back when it was GS3, and we paid a silly amount to log in per hour on AOL to play.
    I recently got the “return free for 60 days” advert a couple days ago and it got the nostalgia going. My question is; how is the game these day? Is it still often the case of one person playing a group of silent alts, script steam rolling thru hunting areas? Has it sort of died off or has life picked up in the lands?
    Last edited by JaTrRm; 10-05-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaTrRm View Post
    Is it still often the case of one person playing a group of silent alts, script steam rolling thru hunting areas?
    Yes.

If you have a returner code just come back and see for yourself.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

It's actually even more script hunty especially with the advent of Lich and scripts like BigShot. In fact, they released what are known as "gifted creatures" in order to combat the problem. If you played last since GSIII, the game has gone through enormous changes. But above all, the single biggest change would have to be how the company monetizes it's product, and that's through microtransactions.

On the otherhand, if you don't care about item chasing then the game might actually be even better than before. What were once valuable items are now more readily available and getting to level 100 is even easier and faster than before. The RP opportunities have grown imho but that may vary between players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    It's actually even more script hunty especially with the advent of Lich and scripts like BigShot. In fact, they released what are known as "gifted creatures" in order to combat the problem. If you played last since GSIII, the game has gone through enormous changes. But above all, the single biggest change would have to be how the company monetizes it's product, and that's through microtransactions.

On the otherhand, if you don't care about item chasing then the game might actually be even better than before. What were once valuable items are now more readily available and getting to level 100 is even easier and faster than before. The RP opportunities have grown imho but that may vary between players.

It's cute that some of you still think there was any sort of plan for gifted creatures beyond "i played diablo once"
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Those minibosses did nothing to stop scripting in anyway. Just, now people also have LTE.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

7. Default

My opinion:

As a previous GS III player who has played on and off since 1998-1999 the game has become far less challenging and there is far less in game interaction overall. There is an increase in scripting, alts, afk scripting, "pay to win" etc. This has been a trend that has been going on for at least 20 years from my observation.

I would recommend rolling up a F2P character and getting it to about level 20 and then subscribing at the basic account level if you can find the motivation to pay for the game at that point. At best, the game is worth $14.95 a month minus whatever silver / items you can sell to supplement the cost.

I left in late 2011 so I believe the worst of the unsupervised scripting was already well under way, but I wasn’t aware of any cash shops, f2p or any “boss” mobs.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JaTrRm View Post
    I left in late 2011 so I believe the worst of the unsupervised scripting was already well under way, but I wasn’t aware of any cash shops, f2p or any “boss” mobs.
    Welcome to GSIV 2019. You can even pay cash to be spelled up by an army of level 100 characters at any time.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 10-05-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    Welcome to GSIV 2019. You can even pay cash to be spelled up by an army of level 100 characters at any time.
    You make it sound like Dreavenings are emblematic of GS' problems. The dude does it for free every four hours for whoever shows up. Dreavenings are one of the few good things about GS.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.