Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly returning

Quote Originally Posted by malmuddy View Post
    I can confirm the increased treasure generation on a premium account. I just did a kobold hunt on my basic account and pulled in 800 silvers in coins and gems. I then did a similar kobold hunt on my premium account, and pulled a 10x T5 sigil staff with rotflares, 9x ECP T4 Voln full leathers, and about 2.4M in silver and gems (I lost count after selling my thirtieth uncut diamond). Totally worth that extra $25 a month.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    I'll repeat my old rhetoric:

As long as you acknowledge the state of the game, you're fine to return and play without being mucho frustration.

And that implies

1) P2W is highly encouraged. You don't need it to "win" at gemstone, but this game is not about skill, it's about mechanics, formulas. So the more you enhance your stats or skills, the more you're "stronger". And to achieve such strength in gemstone is tied with p2w UNLESS you're a veteran that can minmax everything (i.e. take a cheap perfect weapon and build it with silvers to become 7x t5 and add weight after and so on).

2) You got a paradoxe with RP and p2w: The purists crap on scripts that are killing the RP while simu is allowing EVERYTHING to be taken from simustore. Why seek a cleric when you die when you can rub it for 1$. Why seek spells when there's spell up pills. Et cetera.

3) Veterans Multi-accounts. Why? Self reliance. Why is it important? Cause in the end, you save time and time is money.

4) 2019 in gaming industry is about time. Time time time. We all know business models are aimed to install rigid wall in gaming and shine that little bypass for a low cost. Gemstone is perfectly aligned with that philosophy being a VERY grinding game.

5) Point 3 and 4 are perfectly in opposite and are, in my opinion, the reaction of players to Simu'S p2w from a lot of veterans: You want to milk us? Fine, try while I play by my "rules" ---> People sells assets for money, silvers and so on, buy stuff, profit, invest, increase their cash and so on.

6) As long as players care and do point 5, game is alive. When those key players will stop, the game is DEAD (dead like dragonrealms, just an empty shell).
    You’re just mad that Simu is doing what you want. And what do you want? You want to monetize off of a game.

Simu should step up its game and shrink the secondary market as much as possible. People like macguyver here would go away and the game would be better for all.

Quote Originally Posted by leifastagsweed View Post
    PC is not a great place to discuss whether people like or don't like Gemstone. This site has sadly degraded into a complaint forum where people snipe at each other for various reasons, particularly this issue.

And FYI - you were still buying/selling in late 2012 according to your PC posts.

That said, I share some of your views from that time period and had those concerns when I returned to game a few months after a few years break myself. I am pleasantly surprised to find the community in good shape, the game quite active, and the staff more attentive and engaged than I've seen in decades. I feel proud of the game and my involvement in it.

I really love that one commentor mentioned and others echoed that you can do what you want in Gemstone, make it your own experience. That is absolutely accurate. GSWiki, Towncrier, and Discord have opened up doors to learning tips and tricks for playing that were quite challenging in the past. I'm realizing more than ever how deeply enriching this game can be and the idea of being able to continue learning inspires me to play and immerse all the more.

I do hope you've taken an opportunity to join the GS community Discord server and engage people who are actively playing. If you're looking for community or have any questions, reach out directly and let's find the right fit for you!

Best of luck, JaTrRm.

~ Leifa Ar'Anya Faendryl (IG)
    discord - Leifa#5351
    The PC is one of the few places people can get an honest, straight up answer about the game without Wyrom controlling the narrative. Plenty of people also actively play on PC as well.

Discord is NOT the place to have any balanced dialogue, again because Simu controls it. Simu also removed balanced feedback from its forum a couple years ago as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    The PC is one of the few places people can get an honest, straight up answer about the game without Wyrom controlling the narrative. Plenty of people also actively play on PC as well.

Discord is NOT the place to have any balanced dialogue, again because Simu controls it. Simu also removed balanced feedback from its forum a couple years ago as well.
    This is correct.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "I like money, you like spells, let's make each other happy: please consider becoming a patron to help fund these amazing services. https://www.patreon.com/LordDreaven"
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "If you prefer to make a one time payment with PAYPAL send me a private message to discuss what tier you would like to receive and for how many months."
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "In order to keep Dreavenings around forever I'm thinking of charging a small fee for non-patrons, like 20k per spellup, free to whatever tier patron I'll think about. What you all think? Good idea? Bad idea? Gonna be the end of Dreavenings as we know it?"
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "Okay, I've read all of the feedback and I think I'll go to my original idea of free scheduled Dreavenings with extra Dreavenings having a fee."

I simply stated a fact.
    The fact is Dreaven routinely offers free spell ups to anyone multiple times a day. He asks for donations but it is not a requirement. During prime time playing, most players can stay spelled up all evening simply because of his free services. As a result, one could argue Dreaven is helping with retention efforts for this game.

Perhaps if you’d stop bleaching your teeth and trim your eyebrows you’d notice that instead of painting him in the bad light you did.

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "I like money, you like spells, let's make each other happy: please consider becoming a patron to help fund these amazing services. https://www.patreon.com/LordDreaven"
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "If you prefer to make a one time payment with PAYPAL send me a private message to discuss what tier you would like to receive and for how many months."
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "In order to keep Dreavenings around forever I'm thinking of charging a small fee for non-patrons, like 20k per spellup, free to whatever tier patron I'll think about. What you all think? Good idea? Bad idea? Gonna be the end of Dreavenings as we know it?"
    [Dreavening]-GSIVreaven: "Okay, I've read all of the feedback and I think I'll go to my original idea of free scheduled Dreavenings with extra Dreavenings having a fee."

I simply stated a fact.
    OH NO HE'S THINKING ABOUT CHARGING 20K SILVERS FOR A SPELLUP WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THE GOING RATE FOR JUST WIZARD SPELLUPS FOR YEARS NOW OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Dreaven will still spell anyone up for free regardless, and he does more for the community than most people have in GS history, which is a lot more than just spellups.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-09-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    OH NO HE'S THINKING ABOUT CHARGING 20K SILVERS FOR A SPELLUP WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THE GOING RATE FOR JUST WIZARD SPELLUPS FOR YEARS NOW OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
    And you get like, every possible spell too, not just weakass wizard bullshit.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And you get like, every possible spell too, not just weakass wizard bullshit.
    If you factor in the deed money saved from not getting pwned, it pays for itself!!!!!!!!!!!11111

9. Default

Methais - I never heard of you until you made it onto the fame list.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 12-09-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Just who is this Methais anyway? He must be nouveau famous. How droll.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.