Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not Enought Hamsters

eh….

How about a couple of servers then? In this town, you use server A, in that town, you pass via server B and so on.

Or just split the big stuff on a dedicated server (like those sanctum stuff).
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    Hahah! I definitely don’t miss having all the maps printed out on my desk. I remember having to draw a map on paper at one point. I remember playing some space text based game back then where you traded with different player ran planets. But can’t remember the name.
    That was probably Federation, which I played on BBS that also had L.O.R.D (Legend of the Red Dragon) those were good times!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    eh….

How about a couple of servers then? In this town, you use server A, in that town, you pass via server B and so on.

Or just split the big stuff on a dedicated server (like those sanctum stuff).
    That goes back to the "rewriting the entire core engine of the game" part of things, which is what has to happen for something like that to work. They just aren't going to put that kind of development into the game, especially not on something that would likely cause a giant wave of new bugs and crashes for years going forward. I know I wouldn't in their position.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    That was probably Federation, which I played on BBS that also had L.O.R.D (Legend of the Red Dragon) those were good times!
    Federation sounds right. You haul stuff from a warehouse you buy on a planet and sell to another planet for more. That’s all I could really remember. Think you had to talk to the planet owners so you could setup a warehouse on their planet or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Players can take a certain number of actions every day. Actions could be to fight monsters in the forest, attack other players or to attempt to slay the Red Dragon itself. In addition, every day a player can send a "flirt" to another player character which may range from a shy wink, to sex, to a marriage proposal. Sometimes this can be done more than once a day. Sex may result in contracting sexually transmitted diseases, and female characters might become pregnant.[2]
    Goddamn, games were different back then.

Anyone remember another choose-your-own adventure type game where you had to fight a dragon? I'm pretty sure it was on Prodigy and the final battle gave you a list of places to stab the dragon, but only one worked (his spine) and if you did anything else you'd die and have to start over. It took me forever to finish it, but once I did I went looking for other games like it and found Gemstone.

Federation sounds right. You haul stuff from a warehouse you buy on a planet and sell to another planet for more. That’s all I could really remember. Think you had to talk to the planet owners so you could setup a warehouse on their planet or something.
    TradeWars 2002?
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-29-2019 at 03:18 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

6. Default

Yeah it was probably Federation - I also played it. I remember having to wait in line for several days to do a quest (only one player could do it at a time, and there was a waiting period between attempts) so I could eventually own a planet. I got tired of the game before that happened though.
    Last edited by Candor; 09-29-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Goddamn, games were different back then.

Anyone remember another choose-your-own adventure type game where you had to fight a dragon? I'm pretty sure it was on Prodigy and the final battle gave you a list of places to stab the dragon, but only one worked (his spine) and if you did anything else you'd die and have to start over. It took me forever to finish it, but once I did I went looking for other games like it and found Gemstone.

TradeWars 2002?
    I think it might of been federation. I remember playing both GS and this game at the same time when GS was on AOL.

I think it might of been federation. I remember playing both GS and this game at the same time when GS was on AOL.
    There was Dragon's Gate and Federation also on aol. I'm assuming it was the former. Federation was EVE jr. and i didn't get deep into it but man...if there was a dragon in that bitch.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Is Clunk the only one who still travels that way?

And, nearly every time I join a group that is travelling by script, I make sure to turn my room descriptions off.

Clunk
    I used to only travel by hand and the odd SF script (generally from landing to EN). However, I did used to have the whole, entire walk from Landing North Gate to Ta'Illistim gate memorized. I knew when to toss up 506 for the swamp spots and rope ladder/bridge to cross.

The walk from Solhaven to IMT? No problem, knew it all.

IMT to Landing? Not a problem.

Only thing I still retain is how to get to Bonespear from North Market in Solhaven....I've gotten lazy in my older age and use ;go2 too much......nah, I just like typing less these days.