Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EG - Puppies

Default EG - Puppies

I Do Hope That Puppy's For Sale on 09/26/2019 09:08 AM EDT
    A chorus of yips and barks erupted from the milling crowd of puppies racing around the backyard, some normal and some decidedly not. Tugaroulu stood among them, using a heavy wooden mallet to drive the post for a sign deep into the soft ground. It took only a few blows to get the job done, though, and she stood back to admire her work, pausing to wipe a hand across her perspiring brow.

Scrawled in bold lettering at the top of the sign were the words:
    FOR SALE: PUPPIES

Tugaroulu hesitated for a moment, uncertain, before leaning forward to scrawl an additional note in smaller letters next to it, her hand quick and deft:
    (slightly cursed)

Standing back, Tugaroulu smiled in satisfaction. Hopefully there will be enough responsible people who wouldn't mind caring for such puppies. A high-pitched growling at her feet drew her attention away from her inner thoughts. A tiny puppy, a ball of white fluff, was gnawing enthusiastically on the base of the sign, trying to pull it with all her might.

Giving a sigh of long suffering, Tugaroulu bent down to gently shoo the puppy away before turning to head back into her shack, whistling a faint tune as she walked. A crowd of mismatched puppies followed her, yapping, barking and growling in unison.

OOC:

Debuting this year at Ebon Gate are, what you may have already guessed, "WerePuppies". These puppies are cursed to change to their true form under the light of a full moon. Tugaroulu will be seeking responsible owners for these puppies in the Backyard of her shop "Snips and Snails". (NOTE: These will likely be distributed through raffle, though an auction may not be out of the question for one of them if there is interest. These are meant to be somewhat rare, so don't expect a huge amount of them to go out this year.)

~General Information~
    * They are ambient pets similar to Dhu kittens and DR rats in that they will follow you around from room to room.
    * They do have ambient interactions, but this has a hard 'off' switch with the verb SNAP. (The puppy will still follow you, but will not fire off ambient messages until you SNAP again.)
    Please be courteous to your fellow adventurers and SNAP to heel your werepuppy in noisy situations.
    * They will ambiently interact with: weather/climate, items in the room/on the ground, other players, other puppies, Dhu kittens, DR rats/hedgehogs, fishies (if the person has them worn out in the open), and creatures in general. (It's seriously a lot.)
    * These puppies have a belt-worn cage, which is similar to the sack/pouch for most other pets.
    * The puppy's cage acts as a summoning item, however, so the puppy can be called back if lost with SHAKE.
    NOTE: This makes it so the puppy is immune to janitor sweeps and server crashes, technically, as you can call them back with the cage. Please, please do not lose the cage and still REGISTER both puppy and cage.
    * To transfer ownership, the puppy must be in their cage to be handed off. The cage cannot be handed off empty to reduce the likelihood of someone separating puppy from cage.
    * They have two 'phases': 'cute' and 'cursed'.
    * They will turn to their 'cursed' stage if outside and if there is a full moon (any full moon will work - Liabo, Lornon, Tilaok or Makiri.)
    * There are 3 different 'types' of curses and each puppy only has one type they turn into:
    - Werewolf/Mutant
    These puppies become more savage and wolf-like in their cursed form.
    - Zombie/Undead
    These puppies are zombie-like/corpse-like in their other form.
    - Ghost/Spiritual
    These puppies are ethereal/ghosts in their other form.
    * Messaging, both ambient and otherwise, is different between the cute and cursed stage, as well as between different 'curse types'.
    * There are items to force a change to cursed or keep them cute, despite conditions, that will be sold in the shop Snips and Snails.
    * Powdered moonstone will force them to be cursed, while powdered sunstone will force them to stay cute.
    * These effects are temporary and can be prematurely removed with CLEAN.

~Sneak Peek~
    (This is obviously not really an exhaustive clip, because I could probably fill the entire forum with messaging examples ... so just a taste! This particular puppy is one that is potentially available to be won this year.)

You reach into the cage and pull out a short-legged sable and white puppy with a stubby tail, cradling her in the crook of your arm.

Barrel-chested and stout, this puppy looks extremely sturdy despite her short legs. Thick and plush, her fur is a rich sable color with a saddle of dark chestnut running across the top of her head and down her back. Splashes of white tip each paw, her muzzle and the very end of her stubby tail.

Ruffling her thick sable and white fur fondly, you settle your puppy at your feet. Wagging her stubby tail furiously, a short-legged sable and white puppy with a stubby tail starts to excitedly snuffle at the ground.

You snap your fingers and wave your hand in a dismissing gesture. With a high-pitched bark of joy, your short-legged puppy bounds away from her place at your side, ready for play.

You sprinkle a copious amount of the luminous powder from your slender vial on a short-legged sable and white puppy with a stubby tail.
    As the powdered moonstone sinks into the thick sable and white fur of a short-legged sable and white puppy with a stubby tail, she starts to writhe fitfully on the ground. Thick sable and white fur starts to shed in large clumps as the puppy's whines turn into a howl.
    Floating a few inches off the ground, a wispy spectral puppy surrounded by a flickering silver mist bounds forward with an echoing bark.

You attempt to ruffle the misty fur of a wispy spectral puppy surrounded by a flickering silver mist, but your fingers merely slide right through her transparent body. The puppy's ears wave slightly in the air before settling back down.

You make high-pitched kissing noises at a wispy spectral puppy surrounded by a flickering silver mist.
    Leaping into the air in response, the spectral puppy rushes excitedly toward you, paws trotting several inches above the ground. She tries to jump up on your legs, but just ends up tumbling right through them with her insubstantial form.

You brush off any lingering powdered moonstone from a wispy spectral puppy surrounded by a flickering silver mist.
    As the moonlight recedes from a wispy spectral puppy surrounded by a flickering silver mist, she starts to writhe fitfully on the ground. Color and solidity start to slowly fade back into a wispy spectral puppy surrounded by a flickering silver mist's misty fur as her eerie echoing howls turn to whines, her ethereal glow fading.
    Leaping to her feet happily, a short-legged sable and white puppy with a stubby tail shakes herself vigorously, her ears flapping noisily.

You scratch vigorously behind one of a short-legged sable and white puppy with a stubby tail's ears.
    With a huff of contentment, the short-legged puppy leans into the caress, eyes half-closed with pleasure.

Paws crunching over the snow, a short-legged sable and white puppy with a stubby tail playfully gambols around, snapping at passing snowflakes.

~Avaluka

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Blog Entries

Pay2Puppy
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Pay2Puppy
    I will happily do this.

I had a Dhu Gillywack kitten from the first run - found it annoying as hell to have around. Sold it for a couple million silvers no too long after the Dhu left. I actually wanted to be able to shove the annoying kitten into it's bag and toss it off the pier.

I guess I'm not a text-pet owner fan. Too much crap popping up on the screen for my eyes.....I'm surprised those stupid kittens sell for so much and that folks would be excited for another text-pet.

I'd rather spend time hanging out with my husky and going on long walks than trying to keep some text-pet as part of a game. Oh well....to each their own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I had a Dhu Gillywack kitten from the first run - found it annoying as hell to have around. Sold it for a couple million silvers no too long after the Dhu left. I actually wanted to be able to shove the annoying kitten into it's bag and toss it off the pier.

I guess I'm not a text-pet owner fan. Too much crap popping up on the screen for my eyes.....I'm surprised those stupid kittens sell for so much and that folks would be excited for another text-pet.
    Yeah, GS pets of all kinds are annoying as hell to own and to be around. We KNOW it's there. It doesn't need to keep reminding us by jumping in random disks, slavering like it's got rabies, or trying to play with objects in the room every 30 seconds. At least this one looks like it can be turned off.

Who scrolls wins, I guess.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-27-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

But do they take dumps? Asking for a friend.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I was just thinking about dogs/puppies last week, and why there wasn't any in game yet.

Also not yet announced, new currency: Puppiecoins

If they auction one off, I'm guessing it will for 100m+.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    I was just thinking about dogs/puppies last week, and why there wasn't any in game yet.

Also not yet announced, new currency: Puppiecoins

If they auction one off, I'm guessing it will for 100m+.
    If it's at EG - which it is - then 100m Seashells!

Make all these goofs spend more and more money to build up seashells for something, something, something....because of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    But do they take dumps? Asking for a friend.
    A werepup and Methais arrive. You notice the werepup take a squat and produce a giant slimy turd log. Methais and the werepup continue walking on.

You blink.

You glance at the giant slimy turd log.

Avaluka seems cool, and she sure puts some thought and effort into the game, but did we really need another ambient critter? No, we really didn't.