Page 23 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    1) I think Trump was serious, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion. However, at this direction, his campaign communicated in detail with Russia to get dirt on Clinton. The first section of the Mueller report details this situation in depth. Also, come on, trying somehow to deflect with "But Obama?!"
    2) The economic situation with fuel doesn't offset Trump's support of Russia elsewhere
    3) From your article: "Forbes attributed the decline of Trump's fortune to three main factors: e-commerce eating into the value of Trump's real estate holdings, the intrusion of heightened security at Trump's resorts, and Trump's own over-reporting of the size of his penthouse ..."Much as he's trying — and he's definitely trying — Donald Trump is not getting richer off the presidency," according to Forbes." None of that changes the fact that, as Forbes states in your article, Trump's been trying to enrich himself. I am glad to find out that overall it's a failure, but it doesn't excuse the attempt.
    4) Sure, we can agree to disagree here.
    5) I don't know where you come from in disagreeing with the entire scientific community, so I guess there's nothing to discuss here.
    1. It isn't a "but Obama". You are trying to blame election security on Trump, but who was incharge there at the time?
    2. Their economy is being crushed, I'd say it does. We also slaughtered a bunch of Russian Mercs in Syria.
    3. He also donates his entire salary. LEt's say I even believe he is, how does this put him out of line with any previous President? Why would this just now be a problem?
    4. k
    5. The entire scientific community isn't saying it is man-made. They are saying the climate is changing and there are a lot of arguments on what and why. Unfortunately the ones saying it is man-made are the loudest sort that call anyone disagreeing with them "stupid".
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    1. It isn't a "but Obama". You are trying to blame election security on Trump, but who was incharge there at the time?
    2. Their economy is being crushed, I'd say it does. We also slaughtered a bunch of Russian Mercs in Syria.
    3. He also donates his entire salary. LEt's say I even believe he is, how does this put him out of line with any previous President? Why would this just now be a problem?
    4. k
    5. The entire scientific community isn't saying it is man-made. They are saying the climate is changing and there are a lot of arguments on what and why. Unfortunately the ones saying it is man-made are the loudest sort that call anyone disagreeing with them "stupid".
    1. So you're saying that, despite the fact Trump encouraged Russia to help him, and Russia did, it's all Obama's fault for not forcing through better election security? Obama is to blame because he didn't stop Trump and Russia?
    2. I accept that those things are happening, but they don't address the broader concern. You're fine with Trump's support of Russia in the G8, which was so strong that it led insiders to suspect he was either a Russian spy or a Russian dupe? https://www.businessinsider.com/spie...n-asset-2019-8
    3. Ok, let's run with that. Even if every previous president enriched himself, for the sake of argument, should Trump?
    5. So, what about taking a practical stance on a solution, then, regardless of the cause of climate change?
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Blog Entries

1. So you're saying that, despite the fact Trump encouraged Russia to help him, and Russia did, it's all Obama's fault for not forcing through better election security? Obama is to blame because he didn't stop Trump and Russia?
    2. I accept that those things are happening, but they don't address the broader concern. You're fine with Trump's support of Russia in the G8, which was so strong that it led insiders to suspect he was either a Russian spy or a Russian dupe? https://www.businessinsider.com/spie...n-asset-2019-8
    3. Ok, let's run with that. Even if every previous president enriched himself, for the sake of argument, should Trump?
    5. So, what about taking a practical stance on a solution, then, regardless of the cause of climate change?
    Luckily I have an excellent memory and I can help clear up "argument 1". The whole Russia collusion thing was being cast about the media long before Trump, jokingly (obviously), "asked" Russia to "help him" dig up dirt during a campaign rally. The fact you think that this is some form of argument is you either being retarded or completely dishonest.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

1. It was a joke. Jesus fucking Christ.
    2. Like I already said, Russia is being destroy economically by Trump. I don't know what you are getting at.
    3. I don't think he is. I don't see any gains made.
    5. Solution to what? The world going through changes? Perhaps we should force a super volcano to go off and cool the world? What would you have us do?

Ugh. You're just ignoring things you don't like now. I guess SHM was right. As for 5, how about an infrastructure plan that will both boost jobs and help combat a changing climate? Seems like common sense, really.

Blog Entries

Ugh. You're just ignoring things you don't like now. I guess SHM was right. As for 5, how about an infrastructure plan that will both boost jobs and help combat a changing climate? Seems like common sense, really.
    I could say the same about you. Trump is somehow Russia's biggest ally, yet he is fucking their economy. That totally makes sense.

And as before, I have said I believe in climate change and that it is not man-made. There is nothing we can do to affect it. These things happen. The Earth will warm, food will become plentiful, then it will cool and historically speaking, a bunch of people will die. And this the cycle begins again.

90% of the people don’t have the intellect to understand Briarfox’s points.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I could say the same about you. Trump is somehow Russia's biggest ally, yet he is fucking their economy. That totally makes sense.

And as before, I have said I believe in climate change and that it is not man-made. There is nothing we can do to affect it. These things happen. The Earth will warm, food will become plentiful, then it will cool and historically speaking, a bunch of people will die. And this the cycle begins again.
    This is so fatalistic and depressing. If you don't want to do anything about it, I hope you'll at least get the hell out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    90% of the people don’t have the intellect to understand Briarfox’s points.
    You guys seem to have liked that comment about 90% of people not grasping Mueller's position. I was actually speaking in general about the reason why his report is so misinterpreted and people try to boil it down into a binary, not referring to people on the PC. I was, in fact, crediting you with the intelligence to understand the distinctions. If you want to group yourselves in that 90%, though, knock yourselves out.

I'd disagree about the 90% comment and point out that there's a lot of highly intelligent folks on the forum, but they're just looking the other way out of blind support for their elected official. You'll not change their minds and at best, you'll have nothing but Fox talking points repeated verbatim. At least Gelston's willing to engage with actual discourse, that's commendable in this political age.