Page 22 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I invite you to respond to any of the following:

How anyone on the right justifies the following, I have no idea:
    1) Being ok with Russia interfering with US elections to help Trump get elected
    2) Alienating our European allies and helping out Putin and Russia's interests
    3) The president enriching himself in office
    4) The president hamhandedly handling trade issues
    5) Ignoring the most pressing issue of the day, human-induced climate change
    Sure when I’m home on my computer if I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    1. Because Trump had nothing to do with that. What Russia does is what Russia does. Hillary was a weak candidate anyways and was polled to lose even worse against "Generic Republican Candidate."
    2. How is it "helping" out Russia when we are supporting Poland and working heavily to make Europe independent of Russian energy and gas? Trump told NATO members to get to work on fulfilling their treaty obligations. So far most of them are. Poland is opening a new base and wants thousands of US troops there. They even were thinking about naming it Fort Trump. So alienated.
    3. He has purportedly lost a lot of money while in office.
    4. He is putting China in its place. Did you know the new Mac Pros are going to be made in Texas and several other US states?
    5. There is no human induced climate change. Even if there was, we're far from the top polluter. We have some of the cleanest air in the world.
    1) So Trump didn't say, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing" in July 2016, inviting them to hack the DNC? Even if you shrug that off, how about supporting stronger election protections so that foreign powers can't interfere? Any protests to that? Because McConnell has been stonewalling it until yesterday.
    2) Trump didn't spend most of his efforts at the G7 trying to get Russia reinstated as a member? https://thinkprogress.org/trump-is-l...-ae70323028a8/
    3) I don't know what you're referencing here. I'm referring to the use of his properties for public purposes.
    4) I actually agree that China is abusive and our trade policies need to be revised, but Trump's handled it in an extremely erratic fashion.
    5) So, you disagree with 99% of scientists? Even if you somehow do justify that, do you disagree that the temperatures are rising and that we need to do something about them so that human life across the globe isn't irrevocably changed?
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

3. Default

I'd add that your list of 5 things is HIGHLY subjective.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I'd add that your list of 5 things is HIGHLY subjective.
    I invite you to a substantive debate, then.

5. Default

I invite you to a substantive debate, then.
    Seriously, why? I'm not changing your mind, and you won't change mine. I'm for debate when there is something besides wasted words, but all we'd do is show opposing opinions and nothing will change. You call things fact that I don't consider fact. I'm sure I think things as fact that you don't.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Seriously, why? I'm not changing your mind, and you won't change mine. I'm for debate when there is something besides wasted words, but all we'd do is show opposing opinions and nothing will change. You call things fact that I don't consider fact. I'm sure I think things as fact that you don't.
    This is very sad if it’s the state of things.

Blog Entries

1) So Trump didn't say, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing" in July 2016, inviting them to hack the DNC? Even if you shrug that off, how about supporting stronger election protections so that foreign powers can't interfere? Any protests to that? Because McConnell has been stonewalling it until yesterday.
    2) Trump didn't spend most of his efforts at the G7 trying to get Russia reinstated as a member? https://thinkprogress.org/trump-is-l...-ae70323028a8/
    3) I don't know what you're referencing here. I'm referring to the use of his properties for public purposes.
    4) I actually agree that China is abusive and our trade policies need to be revised, but Trump's handled it in an extremely erratic fashion.
    5) So, you disagree with 99% of scientists? Even if you somehow do justify that, do you disagree that the temperatures are rising and that we need to do something about them so that human life across the globe isn't irrevocably changed?
    1. You really believe that was serious and he was trying to communicate with Russia? And as far as I know, Obama was President at this time. Shouldn't he have been protecting the nation from Russia interference?
    2. And look at the damage done to Russia under Trump? US fuel flooding the European market is fucking Russia over. But yeah, such a Russian helper. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HU1QK
    3. As of 2018, Trump has lost 1 billion dollars since running and becoming President. You said he was enriching himself. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...sident-n916221
    4. Well, that be opinions.
    5. I agree the climate is changing. I don't agree it is human induced.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Trump caught on tape at a fundraiser..

“Basically, that person never saw the report, never saw the call, he never saw the call — heard something and decided that he or she, or whoever the hell they saw — they’re almost a spy,” Trump said.

“I want to know who’s the person, who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy,” he continued. “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    1. You really believe that was serious and he was trying to communicate with Russia? And as far as I know, Obama was President at this time. Shouldn't he have been protecting the nation from Russia interference?
    2. And look at the damage done to Russia under Trump? US fuel flooding the European market is fucking Russia over. But yeah, such a Russian helper. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1HU1QK
    3. As of 2018, Trump has lost 1 billion dollars since running and becoming President. You said he was enriching himself. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...sident-n916221
    4. Well, that be opinions.
    5. I agree the climate is changing. I don't agree it is human induced.
    1) I think Trump was serious, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion. However, at this direction, his campaign communicated in detail with Russia to get dirt on Clinton. The first section of the Mueller report details this situation in depth. Also, come on, trying somehow to deflect with "But Obama?!"
    2) The economic situation with fuel doesn't offset Trump's support of Russia elsewhere
    3) From your article: "Forbes attributed the decline of Trump's fortune to three main factors: e-commerce eating into the value of Trump's real estate holdings, the intrusion of heightened security at Trump's resorts, and Trump's own over-reporting of the size of his penthouse ..."Much as he's trying — and he's definitely trying — Donald Trump is not getting richer off the presidency," according to Forbes." None of that changes the fact that, as Forbes states in your article, Trump's been trying to enrich himself. I am glad to find out that overall it's a failure, but it doesn't excuse the attempt.
    4) Sure, we can agree to disagree here.
    5) I don't know where you come from in disagreeing with the entire scientific community, so I guess there's nothing to discuss here.

Blog Entries

1) I think Trump was serious, but I suppose that's a matter of opinion. However, at this direction, his campaign communicated in detail with Russia to get dirt on Clinton. The first section of the Mueller report details this situation in depth. Also, come on, trying somehow to deflect with "But Obama?!"
    2) The economic situation with fuel doesn't offset Trump's support of Russia elsewhere
    3) From your article: "Forbes attributed the decline of Trump's fortune to three main factors: e-commerce eating into the value of Trump's real estate holdings, the intrusion of heightened security at Trump's resorts, and Trump's own over-reporting of the size of his penthouse ..."Much as he's trying — and he's definitely trying — Donald Trump is not getting richer off the presidency," according to Forbes." None of that changes the fact that, as Forbes states in your article, Trump's been trying to enrich himself. I am glad to find out that overall it's a failure, but it doesn't excuse the attempt.
    4) Sure, we can agree to disagree here.
    5) I don't know where you come from in disagreeing with the entire scientific community, so I guess there's nothing to discuss here.
    I really like how the left has come down with a severe case of xenophobia.

Never mind, the regressive's have always been this way.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984