Page 171 of 264 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2636

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Fox news soon machine working overtime today. Haha.

"I think what developed today -- even though it's not all that apparent yet -- is that there's a flaw in Adam Schiff's theory of this idea that if you can make out an offense under the federal bribery statute as opposed what the Framers had in mind when they put bribery in the Constitution [where therein] you have an impeachable offense," he said.

"The flaw is what came out today is that there's bribery and then there's 'bribery'. What Sondland said was he knew that one of the official acts that was at stake and that the president [Trump] ... was stalling on was giving [Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelensky the visit to the White House. The other one that he said he had to deduce over time was whether the defense aid ... was going to be given to the Ukrainians or not if they didn't promise to have these investigations."
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Bombed? The man confirmed the quid pro quo as directly ordered by President Trump to him.
    Do you just get your news directly shoved into your brain by Shareblue or what?

He said he PRESUMED there was a quid pro quo, but confirmed told him there was no quid pro quo.

Remember last night you laughed at the idea of General Kelogg's words having any meaning because it was just his opinion? Here you have Sondland admitting he was just assuming shit but also testified that Trump told him directly there was no quid pro quo.

How can you be so dishonest? Or is it just ignorance on your part? I want to believe it's the latter but I have a sneaking suspicion it's the former.

Anyone who believes anything Trump says deserves to get burned. Lol. You catch the back and forth pinnoccio stuff? That was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Anyone who believes anything Trump says deserves to get burned. Lol. You catch the back and forth pinnoccio stuff? That was hilarious.
    We can't believe Trump when he says "No quid pro quo", but we're gonna believe Sondland because he just assumed there was a quid pro quo?

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Do I care of there's a quid quo pro? Nope. I don't.

Oh right, the whole thing with Giuliani. Speaking of which, wasn't Sondland supposed to drop a bombshell about that too today? Did that happen? I'm not being a smart ass, I been busy all day and just now catching up on some highlights of the testimony and haven't seen much yet.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-20-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries

You keep complaining about "lack of security clearances". Do you know who has ultimate authority on granting of security clearances?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You keep complaining about "lack of security clearances". Do you know who has ultimate authority on granting of security clearances?
    Much like setting US policy Vindman probably thinks it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Oh right, the whole thing with Giuliani. Speaking of which, wasn't Sondland supposed to drop a bombshell about that too today? Did that happen? I'm not being a smart ass, I been busy all day and just now catching up on some highlights of the testimony and haven't seen much yet.
    "Mr. Giuliani's requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit for President Zelensky," Sondland said of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Sondland then stated that in order to obtain a White House visit, Zelensky had to publicly announce investigations into the business activities of Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, and a conspiracy theory that Ukraine was involved in influencing the 2016 election.

Sondland testified as part of the ongoing impeachment inquiry hearings before the House Intelligence Committee.

He publicly confirmed that he worked closely with outgoing Energy Secretary Rick Perry on Ukrainian policy "at the express direction of the president of the United States."

The Texas Tribune thanks its sponsors. Become one.

"We did not want to work with Mr. Giuliani. Simply put, we played the hand we were dealt," he said. "We all understood that if we refused to work with Mr. Guiliani, we would lose an important opportunity to cement relations between the United States and Ukraine."

"So we followed the president's orders."

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The president does, which is clear when he pushed through his son in law and daughters requests. Just because he can, doesn't make it right.

Knowing that he has the authority for it, why not get him the clearance first? Why go through a back channel if it's appropriate?