Page 26 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I am excited about electric cars, I really am. I want one when the range and charge times are better. This psychotic "world is ending in 12 years!" and "Become vegetarian or we all die!" BS though? Hell no.
    Exactly. They made a push for people to switch to CFL light bulbs because it was better for the planet, so I switched all of my light bulbs out because it made sense. Then they pushed for LEDs for the same reasons and again I switched because again it made sense.

Then they started pushing people to buy electric lawn equipment like lawnmowers and trimmer because it was better for the planet compared to gas powered tools and I did because again it made a lot of sense.

But nothing is ever good enough for these people. Now they are calling for doing away with ACs and furnaces, increasing the costs of electricity and natural gas, restricting people eating meat or outlawing beef altogether, dramatically increasing our taxes so we can build more inefficient wind and solar farms. It's just fucking nuts and there seem to be no signs of their demands ever abating because they don't want to ever be satisfied, all they want is more and more power and you don't get that by being happy for once.

Blog Entries

I have an electric mower. It works good enough, but the cord is fucking annoying. It is basically vacuuming the yard. I want to cordless stuff, but knowing me I'll forget to charge it.

And I do like LEDs better than even the old lights. They are far superior. I like those type of advances.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-26-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I have an electric mower. It works good enough, but the cord is fucking annoying. It is basically vacuuming the yard. I want to cordless stuff, but knowing me I'll forget to charge it.

And I do like LEDs better than even the old lights. They are far superior. I like those type of advances.
    For sure LEDs are better than old fashioned incandescent bulbs, the only issue was the upfront cost but even that is hardly a problem anymore.

Also I wouldn't use an electric mower unless I had a very small yard (which unfortunately I do not), I do have a battery powered mower and it works awesome. I also switched to battery powered trimmer and edger and switched to an electric power washer. I have no more gas powered equipment, I'm doing my part!

But nnoOOooOOOooOOOo! I now have to give up beef and freeze my ass off in the winter and roast alive in the summer in my own house because these fuckers don't want to just admit that the US (both the government and its citizens) are more than doing their part in lowering their carbon footprint. We can't criticize China, India, or parts of Africa because that doesn't bode well with their white guild/white savior complexes. They must get the whities to save the world for the brown folk!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-26-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Battery powered is electric you fool!

Battery powered is electric you fool!
    Your face is electric!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Your face is electric!
    Battery or corded?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Battery or corded?
    First one then the other.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Battery or corded?
    Neither. I am my own powerplant.

I have a fiskars reel mower. It works well. Might try that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I have a fiskars reel mower. It works well. Might try that.
    https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions..._sa_saa_al_hza