Page 77 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Blog Entries

Did you know it is the Executive branch that determines what is and isn't classified?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Which laws state impeachment inquiry meetings have to be confidential and secret? I'm dying to learn more.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/secrecy/R42106.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I just skimmed most of that but that all seems like Congress just explaining why they can hold secret meetings, not that they have to.

An impeachment should never be done in secret, it's crazy to even suggest otherwise.

Blog Entries

I just skimmed most of that but that all seems like Congress just explaining why they can hold secret meetings, not that they have to.

An impeachment should never be done in secret, it's crazy to even suggest otherwise.
    In general, the reason would be if classified information is being discussed. I don't have an issue if it is because of that. Of course, POTUS could declassify it and then they'd be holding a secret meeting for no fucking reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    In general, the reason would be if classified information is being discussed. I don't have an issue if it is because of that. Of course, POTUS could declassify it and then they'd be holding a secret meeting for no fucking reason.
    They could hold two different hearings, one where all of the non classified information is discussed and one where it is discussed.

What are they going to do, impeachment Trump in secret then hand it off to the Senate who would also presumably hold a secret trial?

Blog Entries

They could hold two different hearings, one where all of the non classified information is discussed and one where it is discussed.

What are they going to do, impeachment Trump in secret then hand it off to the Senate who would also presumably hold a secret trial?
    They've done that with things in the past, but it may just be that it wouldn't make any fucking sense because nothing could be discussed in a non-classified setting.

And like I said, no, they aren't going to do shit. They don't even have the balls to hold a committee vote.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-14-2019 at 06:44 PM.

The House may not have to, but they did for reasons you, me and Sean Hannity aren't privileged to.

You know what is interesting about this statement from Giuliani? It's that Giuliani assumes reports about Bolton's criticism are true. Bolton has not testified or spoken publicly about what he knows about Ukraine. Leaks from closed door testimony yesterday by a former government employee claim that the former employee said that Bolton said -- that's triple third hand information illegally leaked – that Bolton was disturbed by demands that Ukraine investigate Biden. Why would Giuliani assume this third hand information is true, when we all know that is totally fake news because Trump never tied military aid to Ukraine's investigation of Biden? Something doesn't add up.

Former national security adviser John Bolton was so disturbed by the efforts to get the Ukrainians to investigate President Donald Trump’s political opponents that he called it a “drug deal,” former White House official Fiona Hill reportedly told Congress on Monday.

Hill, the former top Europe expert in Trump’s White House, testified that Bolton told her he wanted no part of the effort that involved acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, a person in the room for Hill’s testimony told NBC News. Bolton also was said to have referred to Rudy Giuliani as a "hand grenade."

Hill testified that Bolton, who was fired by Trump in September, told her to report the situation to the top lawyer at the National Security Council, John Eisenberg, according to the person in the room for Monday’s closed-door hearing.

Giuliani responded to the reported comments early Tuesday. "I always liked and respected John," he said. "I’m very disappointed that his bitterness drives him to attack a friend falsely and in a very personal way. It’s really ironic that John Bolton is calling anyone else a hand grenade. When John is described by many as an atomic bomb."

More...

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    retardedness
    Last edited by Methais; 10-15-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    My money is on Bolton being the whistleblower.
    This is looking more and more like you're right on the money.