Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by gemstonefella View Post
    But the house is going through with an impeachment inquiry. You don’t have to like how they are doing it, but they’re not breaking any laws or even their own house rules to do it.

I wouldn’t presume anything with McConnell either. I really love how he was alluding to the “Biden Rule”, back then. Like that buffoon has ever had a solid thought in his head.

It’s too bad he wasn’t Trump’s VP. 2 of the biggest groping dumbasses in the history of American politics on one ticket!
    He's also on record as saying if RBG passed that of course they would choose in 2020. He's a partisan hack, same as the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

But the house is going through with an impeachment inquiry.
    Just because Pelosi says they are doesn't mean they are. Voters have a right to know how their representatives stand on this issue so Pelosi should put it up for a vote.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    He's also on record as saying if RBG passed that of course they would choose in 2020. He's a partisan hack, same as the rest.
    That’s a true story.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Just because Pelosi says they are doesn't mean they are. Voters have a right to know how their representatives stand on this issue so Pelosi should put it up for a vote.
    Voters overwhelmingly put the Democrats in charge of the house in 2018, letting them make the rules. There’s no rule saying they have to vote now.

The voters will again have a say next election. If they were unhappy with how the Dems conducted the proceedings, they will vote them out.

I think it’s fairly obvious they are conducting impeachment proceedings.

5. Default

Hell, I called my rep and asked. Got an answer also. Of course living in Western Washington State it was pretty much a dumb question.

Voters overwhelmingly put the Democrats in charge of the house in 2018, letting them make the rules. There’s no rule saying they have to vote now.

The voters will again have a say next election. If they were unhappy with how the Dems conducted the proceedings, they will vote them out.

I think it’s fairly obvious they are conducting impeachment proceedings.
    That's not how this works. This is like saying Nancy Pelosi can just decide that Trump is impeached and will now hand it over to the Senate.

Put it up for a vote in the House. This is actually a serious process and not just some dumb SCOTUS position being delayed a few months.

7. Default

Anyway I’m headed to bed. Thanks for the back and forth without any name calling or ad hominem attacks. It’s refreshing in this day and age. Ive watched the watergate hearings, Iranian hostage situation, iran-contra, Clinton impeachment proceedings, 9/11 and the move to two wars, Benghazi, and now the trump impeachment move and always been fascinated with the politics. Having a California state senator in the family while growing up didn’t hurt with the inquisitiveness either.

Cheers!

8. Default

A SCOTUS appointment is one of the most important things in American politics. A lifetime appointment beholden to no voting bloc? Yuge.

Of course there will have to be a vote. It just doesn’t have to be now. The law is on the side of the Dems this time.

A SCOTUS appointment is one of the most important things in American politics. A lifetime appointment beholden to no voting bloc? Yuge.

Of course there will have to be a vote. It just doesn’t have to be now. The law is on the side of the Dems this time.
    I think delaying a SCOTUS appointment for a few months is nowhere near as important as impeaching the president.

Also the comparison between McConnell's SCOTUS hearing and Pelosi's impeachment inquiry aren't even comparable. McConnell didn't just decide who the new SCOTUS judge would be, he delayed the hearing for a few months.

Pelosi on the other hand just unilaterally decided the House was launching an impeachment inquiry, even though the House voted on no such thing.

Blog Entries

He said the American people should have a voice in the process. Isn't that what happened in the 2018 election? America had a voice in the election? They voted Democrat. Just like I told my Democrat friends in 2016...elections have consequences.
    The House has jack all to do with Suprene Court Justices.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam