Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    They haven't taken a vote because they are shielding moderate Democrats who won in red districts and they don't want to allow the Republican minority to have any power in this.

Pelosi is waiting for impeachment to become more popular with the American people because she doesn't really believe Trump did anything wrong, she's just using this as a tool to remain in power because after being in power for decades that's all she cares about anymore.
    I mean. More people support impeachment country wide than don't.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...mp-impeachment
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    With the exception of your third paragraph I actually agree with you.

In response to your third paragraph, this whole process needs to be transparent. This whole thing wouldn't even be happening had they not intercepted the whistleblower complaint. Us normal people wouldn't have even known it happened. But the cats out of the bag and it simply needs to be public. Public hearings don't bode well for Trump, hopefully he gets to take the stand and defend his points. I mean Hillary spent 11 hours on Benghazi.
    Oh please, like the deranged Democrats in the House weren't just itching for a reason to launch a "formal" impeachment inquiry. They would have done this no matter what happened to the "whistleblower" complaint. Schiff already knew what was in the whistleblower's complaint before the complaint was made. Almost as if they were working together for exactly this reason.

So you don't agree it needs to be transparent?
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

A lot of those people are the same deranged Democrat voters who voted in the deranged Democrats who are currently launching this bogus impeachment inquiry.

Also 51% in a poll is hardly a mandate. If that were like 70% that would be a different story.

Lastly a lot of that could be chalked up to the fact that the Democrats launched the bogus impeachment inquiry to begin with.

It's a sort of self fulfilling prophecy:
    No impeachment inquiry? Most Americans are against impeachment (shit even more Democrats were against it at that point.)
    Fake impeachment inquiry? Suddenly more Americans are for impeachment.

Are those people really in favor of an impeachment, or is it just more Democrats jumping on the bandwagon because they have received their marching orders from the Democrats in the House?

Also I bet the longer this bullshit drags on with no votes of any kind will result in fewer people being in favor of impeachment rather than more.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-09-2019 at 07:35 PM.

So you don't agree it needs to be transparent?
    I'm the one who said Pelosi should hold an official vote in the House and allow Republicans to subpoena too, how am I suddenly not about transparency?

Trump was the one who released the classified transcript almost immediately after Democrats demanded it be released only for this to give them all the more reason to demand more and more bullshit they don't need to see, like transcripts with other foreign leaders.

You can hate Trump all you want for winning an election, but Trump has done the right things so far whereas the Democrats have not. They demanded Trump release the transcript expecting full well that he wouldn't and using that as a rationale to scream "cover up!" But he released the transcript in like what 48 hours? So the narrative instantly shifted to "well the transcript doesn't matter anyways!" Then Schiff literally lied about what Trump said in the transcript to further the Democrats' narrative, then they started demanded more and more shit not because they have suspicion of a crime, but because they are hoping to uncover a crime or be able to accuse Trump of a coverup if he doesn't comply with their endless draconian demands.

If there is so much damning evidence of a crime in the transcript then why do Democrats need to lie about it AND demand more and more evidence? Just impeach Trump over the Ukrainian call. But it's almost as if the Democrats have nothing but they are hoping to find something.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-09-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm the one who said Pelosi should hold an official vote in the House and allow Republicans to subpoena too, how am I suddenly not about transparency?

Trump was the one who released the classified transcript almost immediately after Democrats demanded it be released only for this to give them all the more reason to demand more and more bullshit they don't need to see, like transcripts with other foreign leaders.

You can hate Trump all you want for winning an election, but Trump has done the right things so far whereas the Democrats have not. They demanded Trump release the transcript expecting full well that he wouldn't and using that as a rationale to scream "cover up!" But he released the transcript in like what 48 hours? So the narrative instantly shifted to "well the transcript doesn't matter anyways!" Then Schiff literally lied about what Trump said in the transcript to further the Democrats' narrative, then they started demanded more and more shit not because they have suspicion of a crime, but because they are hoping to uncover a crime or be able to accuse Trump of a coverup if he doesn't comply with their endless draconian demands.
    Honestly, if the House wants to play that little fuck fuck game, I think the Senate Judiciary should do the same thing, but subpoena the people House Dems won't.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-09-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

If there is so much damning evidence of a crime in the transcript then why do Democrats need to lie about it AND demand more and more evidence? Just impeach Trump over the Ukrainian call. But it's almost as if the Democrats have nothing but they are hoping to find something.
    It's not a transcript, it's a summary. A transcript would have been a verbatim written accounting of the phone call, this document clearly states it's not verbatim.

Two whistleblowers have information about what was actually said and left out. Between the lies Trump has told, the obstruction of Congress's constitutional oversight authority and his proven obstruction, he's following lockstep in Nixon's footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    It's not a transcript, it's a summary. A transcript would have been a verbatim written accounting of the phone call, this document clearly states it's not verbatim.
    Yes yes, we are all well aware of your conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Two whistleblowers have information about what was actually said and left out.
    Don't you mean one whistleblower has second and third hand information about what was said and the second whistleblower was one of the source's for the first whistleblower?

Apparently this poll was conducted with 48% Democrats (40% of which were "solid" Democrats), 40% Republicans (33% of which were "solid" Republicans), and only 12% Independent. Not exactly representative of the overall political makeup of the country as a whole.

The poll also has a margin of error of 5% among Republicans, 7% among moderates, and 8.5% among Independents. This is like almost like someone running a parody of a poll.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-09-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Apparently this poll was conducted with 48% Democrats (40% of which were "solid" Democrats), 40% Republicans (33% of which were "solid" Republicans), and only 12% Independent. Not exactly representative of the overall political makeup of the country as a whole.

The poll also has a margin of error of 5% among Republicans, 7% among moderates, and 8.5% among Independents. This is like almost like someone running a parody of a poll.
    I think that 9yr old that did the plastic straw research had better data than this poll likely does.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.