Page 162 of 264 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2636

Thread: Pelosi officially announces impeachment inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Current benefits are always a percentage of the retiring income, so while you're technically correct that it cannot last forever, I disagree with your reason. The Social Security trust fund is not a trust funds as many think of it, which would be similar to an escrow or investment account. In fact the "trust fund" is interest bearing general bonds which are held as payroll taxes fail to meet a current obligation. The last accounting I saw was $2.93 trillion.

So, while you're technically correct in that it cannot last forever, the easy fix of increasing benefits age, lowering benefit or raising payroll taxes periodically increase the longevity of it's solvency.

Now, Social Security Retirement was meant as a basic income, to supplement savings, so that retiree's weren't living on the streets. The downward trend in homeownership and stagnant wages mean there's no savings or cost reductions such as having paid off your mortgage. This isn't the failure of SSA, but rather the government in leaving the minimum wage unchanged.
    Minimum wage laws preclude any long term increase in wages and earnings as they are quickly consumed due to inflation. The issue is and always has been, government meddling so that instead of taking care of themselves, people expect a free ride from the government. Had the modest proposal of allowing people to invest 1/2 of their SS retirement in an index fund proposed under Bush, people would be about 30% better off and the can would be a lot farther down the road.

The fact is, no tax increase will fix the issue as long as benefits remain the same or increase (traditionally they increase), inflation remains the same and the retirement age remains the same. Tax increases won't do it. One of the big reasons some theorize that the Democrats want a continued flood of illegals is both that they hope they can get them eligible to vote because they vote for Democrats and because a large quantity of people paying in using stolen info who will never collect, due to legal status, helps prop up the deeply insolvent system. So yeah, Democrat slavery at it's finest.

We have too many people sucking blood from the government and like all beasts, when too many ticks feed from it, it dies.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Minimum wage laws preclude any long term increase in wages and earnings as they are quickly consumed due to inflation. The issue is and always has been, government meddling so that instead of taking care of themselves, people expect a free ride from the government. Had the modest proposal of allowing people to invest 1/2 of their SS retirement in an index fund proposed under Bush, people would be about 30% better off and the can would be a lot farther down the road.

The fact is, no tax increase will fix the issue as long as benefits remain the same or increase (traditionally they increase), inflation remains the same and the retirement age remains the same. Tax increases won't do it. One of the big reasons some theorize that the Democrats want a continued flood of illegals is both that they hope they can get them eligible to vote because they vote for Democrats and because a large quantity of people paying in using stolen info who will never collect, due to legal status, helps prop up the deeply insolvent system. So yeah, Democrat slavery at it's finest.

We have too many people sucking blood from the government and like all beasts, when too many ticks feed from it, it dies.
    Which is precisely why you tie the minimum wage to the inflation index, adjusted in increments. More wages, drives inflation, both of which drive growth and the economy.

3. Default

Man I have to admit, I kind of want to see Trump's tax returns. Only because I'm curious why he's fighting so hard to release them.

I don't give two shits if he didn't pay any taxes or paid low taxes... if he didn't take advantage of every loophole I'd be disappointed. I think when/if they ever get released, no one will give a shit anyway.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Man I have to admit, I kind of want to see Trump's tax returns. Only because I'm curious why he's fighting so hard to release them.

I don't give two shits if he didn't pay any taxes or paid low taxes... if he didn't take advantage of every loophole I'd be disappointed. I think when/if they ever get released, no one will give a shit anyway.
    I don't remember how old the tax return was that Rachel Maddow popped up with but IIRC didn't it say he paid like $30m in taxes that year or something?

It's always possible he could be hiding something, but at this point I think he's just doing it to keep triggering the left and then if/when he does eventually release it and there's nothing special, the left will have meltdowns over that too and come up with new conspiracies to look stupid over.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

5. Default

Now the impeachment probe is looking at if Trump lied to Mueller... because the whole Mueller Inquiry went so well.

We really need to delete/reinstall congress with not blowhard partisans.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

6. Default

I'd go 50/50 Trump is hiding something versus is just super stubborn and has decided he's not gonna do it and that's that

I think it’s either that or he’s not as rich as he claims.

I find it pretty hard to see a justification of obtaining his tax returns, beyond partisan gotcha moments. Sure, if he's broke, then it makes him look bad, but that's it. Talking big about his financial accumen and lying about it isn't a crime.

If the Democrats are trying to prove illegal contributions, I mean I doubt the President doesn't have accountant's fifty times more wiley than House investigators.

Sorry, $30+ trillion national debt.
    Still wrong.

Care for a 4th try?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Which is why I said everyone is culpable. Yes, people in both parties have a hand in it, but there is a significant difference between democrats and republicans. Just look at the 2020 candidates.
    Dude... you aren't even trying to mask your stupidity at this point.

Stop posting. Let people guess how dumb you are.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.